lap band surgery

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by twoton, Jan 18, 2012.

1. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    My wife is seriously considering lap band surgery. She has not discussed it with a doctor yet, so it's a long way off, it at all. From what I've seen online, it's a very drastic option for weight loss. (My own opinion is that I'd rather she not do it, but obviously I'll be supportive no matter what her decision.)

Have any of the women out there experience with it?

2. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Hey,

I moved your thread to an area more widely used than the Women's Issues forum, so you'll be more likely to find someone who can give you the feedback you're looking for.

3. twoton

Gold Member

Albums:
    O.k. thanks. :smile:

4. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Well first off, has she considered all options? Has she been to a consultant and been advised of everything she will have to do prior to being selected for this surgery? My ex's mom went through a rigorous selection process with a head to toe check up first. Had to have a full upper GI scan, colonoscopy, heart rhythm testing, a full pelvic exam, all kinds of blood work, and not to forget the biggest one, she had to lose 50 pounds prior to being considered for selection. I don't know how many thousands of dollars were spent in this pre-consideration process. However, it's been over a year and a half, I saw her in passing a couple of weeks ago and she looks the same. I know she had the surgery but I don't know if it was successful for her in that she lost and regained or her body rejected the device. After all it is a foreign object in your body. Diet and exercise under medical supervision are a better option than being forced into starvation. That's just my two cents. I wish your wife all the best in her choice to become healthy :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted