Laptop Computers and Fertility

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by ericbear, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ericbear

Gold Member

Albums:
    Accordign to a report from Scripps Howard News Service, a paper appearing in the Journal of Human Reproduction today warns of potential dangers from using a laptop computer on your lap. The culprit is a simple one-- Heat!

The study shows that testicular temperatures rose between 4.6 and 5 degrees F in an hour among a group of healthy male volunteers using laptop computers on their lap.

"Laptops can reach internal operating temperatures of over 158 degrees (surface temperatures of 104 degrees), they are frequently positioned close to the scrotum and as well as being capable of producing local heat, they require the user to sit with the thighs close together to balance the machine," said Dr. Yefim Shenykin, associate professor of urology and Director of Male Infertility and Microsurgery at the State University of NY Stony Brook.

Studies have shown that increses in testicular temperature between 1.8 and 5.2 degrees have a substantial negative effect on sperm development and fertility, according to the news item.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

A damned expensive form of birth control, if you ask me. :unsure:

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

But I LIKE my computer. There are fun files on my computer and I get to CHAT on my computer and that battery feels GOOD on cold days...

4. pervasiveone

pervasiveone Active Member

Albums:
    After having my laptop for only a short peroid of time, and being a particularaly lazy bum on the weekends, I can see how this happend. To remedy the situation I bought one of those "breakfast in bed" trays from Wally World. Problem solved!

5. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Wait, being infertile is a problem nowadays? Jesus, what the hell is the pill then?

Draft saved Draft deleted