laptop repair HELP

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
my laptop screen broke...i was clumsy enough to drop sharp glass onto my laptop screen...long story short my screen has a crack and its white and u cant see anything...its gnna need a screen repair...my laptop model is: HP PAvillion 2700 Notebook PC

could anyone PLEASE help me out by estimating a price for a screen repair for this laptop? currently the right side of this screen RIGHT NOW is dead. its got white and black blobs of broken pixels or w/e the damage is. it's sorta retrded that i'm still using this laptop even though about 30% of the screen is dead...

and also, last request, could u guys help me figure out the CHEAPEST or fastest possible way of fixing it? i got this as an 18th bday present.. its still pretty new. and i like this laptop.. i wanna get it fixed without anyone knowing it was broken in the first place.

pardon my typos and what nots. i have no patience and i live in toronto canada, so if that might change anything i'd greatly appreciate it!

p.s. i was considering going to Geek Squad with those guys at best buy? should i or not?

email : tree_thugs@live.ca i really do need help..!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

thanks in advance!

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First off what is the exact model of notebook ? Next, do you have a part number for the lcd ?

HP-COMPAQ LAPTOP SCREEN FROM $54. HP ACER TOSHIBA DELL APPLE COMPAQ. Notebook screen, laptop display, notebook lcd, laptop tft, screen DELL, ACER lcd, screens SONY, lcd DELL, ACER lcd.

Maybe this one ?

HP-Compaq PAVILION DV2700 SERIES LAPTOP SCREEN FROM $54. HP ACER TOSHIBA DELL APPLE COMPAQ. Notebook screen, laptop display, notebook lcd, laptop tft, screen DELL, ACER lcd, screens SONY, lcd DELL, ACER lcd.

Anyway, it's a start for you ? Looks like $ 95 plus s&H if you are going to do the work yourself ? Geek squad ? You can check their prices ? But if they are anything like CompUSA used to be, I'd take my chances and be a DIYer ? HP usually has manuals in pdf format that you can follow a step by step.

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
First off what is the exact model of notebook ? Next, do you have a part number for the lcd ?

HP-COMPAQ LAPTOP SCREEN FROM $54. HP ACER TOSHIBA DELL APPLE COMPAQ. Notebook screen, laptop display, notebook lcd, laptop tft, screen DELL, ACER lcd, screens SONY, lcd DELL, ACER lcd.

Maybe this one ?

HP-Compaq PAVILION DV2700 SERIES LAPTOP SCREEN FROM $54. HP ACER TOSHIBA DELL APPLE COMPAQ. Notebook screen, laptop display, notebook lcd, laptop tft, screen DELL, ACER lcd, screens SONY, lcd DELL, ACER lcd.

Anyway, it's a start for you ? Looks like $ 95 plus s&H if you are going to do the work yourself ? Geek squad ? You can check their prices ? But if they are anything like CompUSA used to be, I'd take my chances and be a DIYer ? HP usually has manuals in pdf format that you can follow a step by step.

it's the second link, second picture! the 14.1 inch screen!!
okay so its about 130 after everything..so..that's a good thing for now but my concern now is, do i just get this screen and replace it with mine? i'm not sure if that will fix the problem.. i'm probably going to need to let someone check otu the damage before i get just a new screen right? but hey, thank you so much! a least i have somewhere to start..i'll still have to keep hunting for cheaper screens but my concern will still be trying to fix it. thanks SO MUCH!!!

so, im attaching a photo of the damage. do u guys think a new screen wud make that white area disappear as if nothing happened? i guess i should be on some techy site huh...quite random to be here asking for help..but hey so far i did get help! thanks in advance!!

Attachments

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The only damage you sustained is right there in front of your own eyes with the picture. The computer boots fine, everything runs fine. The lcd is the only damage. If it were the motherboard or video card or chip, you wouldn't be able to boot, you wouldn't be able to see the desktop screen even. If you have a separate monitor, there should be a connection on the back of your notebook that fits the cable connection on a monitor. Connect it and boot that up and the screen on the monitor should be perfect. You broke the lcd nothing else from that picture.

As for replacing the lcd, get the manuals from HP and learn the step by step to replace it. It should be something similar to this:

How to replaced damaged LCD screen in HP Pavilion dv2000 notebook >> Inside my laptop
Free repair for some out-of-warranty HP Pavilion and Compaq Presario laptops >> Inside my laptop

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks a lot :D i''ll get to it this weekend. I OWE YOU BIG TIME!

Not a problem, I don't know so much you'll find a cheaper lcd though, the 2nd one was $ 90 plus whatever it takes to deliver it. If the task of switching it becomes an issue, then by all means take it to a local computer repair. You'll have the parts, so labor is all you should have to pay. A good technician can swap this out within 15-30 minutes. I wouldn't get cheap on him, you want him to take his time and be gentle not to damage anything else in the process of taking it apart.

ninerr

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just be sure to take it somewhere reputable -- and preferably not a chain. FutureShop is good for some things, but when it comes to less-than-standard repairs, I wouldn't trust a minimum-wage sales clerk gone tech with it. Spend the extra few dollars in labour and take it somewhere worthwhile.

You're in Toronto though, that shouldn't be a problem.

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
Decided to revive this issue.
So Anyone in Toronto know of any decent place to get my laptop repaired? I need a physical replacement of the cracked screen! Turns out even the GEEK SQUAD at BestBuy dont do this. And I don't want to end up at some unknown local shop repair where ANYTHING could happen :eek: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is simple enough do replace a laptop screen yourself and certainly a lot cheaper too. I replaced the screen on a laptop belonging to a friend worked fine ever since. There are some useful videos on YouTube that show you step by step how to do this simple and straight forward repair.

A step by step guide on how to repair your broken laptop screen

It feels great to know that you have achieved and done the job yourself and saved yourself some money in the process

Good luck

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media
Alright. I thnk I'm gonna try to do this operation at home. But. Where should I get my screeen from?! eBay? or ScreenCountry.com? Anyone know some decent prices? I'm seeing a lot of prices and most of the delivery goes to AMERICA... I'm Canadian. fuck my life. lol..