Laptop resting on your lap

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by rangisrovus19, Nov 14, 2011.

1. rangisrovus19

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey guys, so I assume most people with a laptop will do exactly what the name entails: rest your computer on top of your lap. Or, for guys, their junk.

Uhhh, is this safe? I mean, I'm not a doctor by any means but it just seems dangerous for a machine that is feeding off of a batter (at most times) to be resting on top of your goodies. I feel the same way with cell phones in my pockets!!! who knows what the hell is surging through my balls when I get a call or text message or it just being there!

Any thoughts??? I don't want testicular cancer or some shit years down the road

2. D_Ampelius_Halfinch

D_Ampelius_Halfinch Account Disabled

I often wonder about this too. I usually rest my laptop on a cushion or a book when I have it on my lap - I had a laptop stand but I dropped it and it broke :(.

3. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

TBH most laptops need a flat, and well ventilated surface, so as to not overheat (The thermal cutout tripped on mine as it happens last night).

You can use a laptop for a short while on your lap, but TBH with the heat most kick off, it's not comfortable for long, and there is roumor heat from them, can lower sperm production, as the testicles need to run at slightly lower than body temperature.

4. matelalique

matelalique Active Member

My biggest problem has been the heat - my $5 solution was to buy a wire mesh knives and forks tray (cutlery to the Brits, silverware to the americans), which I use to provide airflow and stop both of us from overheating. Heat on the balls will lower sperm production, but there is no radiation from the laptop, so cancer risk seems unlikely.

5. D_Ampelius_Halfinch

D_Ampelius_Halfinch Account Disabled

If I don't have anything to rest my laptop on I don't rest it over my junk. Tend to rest it nearer my knees on my lower thighs.

#5 D_Ampelius_Halfinch, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

My laptop has a fleshlight and a lube dispenser built into it. I am online alllllllll the time.

7. AtomicMouse1950

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's never a good idea to rest your laptop on your lap. Yes, it's called a laptop, but you will add longer life to your laptop and probably to your groin if you get a cooling fan or some other way to keep your LapTop and your leg and your groin cool. There isn't ample enough circulation in the built in fan, to keep the laptop from getting hot. And heat will destroy your laptop, and probably your groin too. So even tho it's a laptop, don't the the use of it literally. Get a cooling platform for it, they don't cost but 20$, and it'll save you the cost of another laptop, at least for the near distant and not nearer future.

8. rangisrovus19

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    No no no, i'm not concerned about my laptop, I'm just worried about my dick and what my laptop is exposing it to. Do batteries emit anything dangerous?

9. beavbithick

beavbithick Active Member

Albums:
    I JUST heard a news story on this and there is a correlation to testicular cancer and laptops because of high EMF ratings

10. sykray

sykray Active Member

There isn't any risk from batteries. There is a potential risk from the concentration of radio waves when using the Internet - similar to using a mobile (cell) phone.

11. monel

Gold Member

I heard the combination of high EMF ratings and radio waves can cause gigantism of the penis. They call it the Hulk effect.

12. glustick

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I also think that the high heat produced from the laptop kills sperm. Could be a good thing I guess, but I still don't think it's a good idea to have a laptop on your crotch.

I have a laptop that its on my desk and it has a cooling unit, but its also hooked up to a 27 inch monitor as well. I'm probably getting radiation from it. Haha

13. svrocks

svrocks Well-Known Member

Albums:
    It's about time someone comes up with protective underwear -- one that would shield our most precious from radio frequencies and heat. :tongue:

14. 6inchcock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Look north and turn left, real sudden like
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's best to keep most things that don't belong near your junk, away from your junk.

Good things near your junk- your hands, someone else s hands, someones mouth, a warm vagina, another persons junk (if it suits you), boxer briefs, speedos, Kevlar or SAPI Plate groin protection.

Bad things near your junk - Probably anything sharp or pointy, any material that you may or may not be aware of that you may be allergic to, explosives, firearms, electronic devises that may cause embarrassment if you had to walk into an emergency room with, depleted uranium, any uranium, and pretty much anything that is not on the "good things near your junk" list.

Litmus test _ if its ok to put in your mouth (such as edibles or non-toxic), it will probably be ok with your junk (less a dental drill)

15. MesseJetcalfe

MesseJetcalfe Member

Except this wouldn't work if you have your junk out to beat off ... :-]

16. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

^Yep, something like this is perfect.

Not only does it give the laptop room to breathe, your nuts will not get cooked by the laptop heat either!

17. BoyCordoba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's about time people stop listening to all the "radiation" nonsense. Non ionizing radiation will not give you cancer. Nor will the LCD screens or batteries in the laptop emit any dangerous radiation/matter. C'mon! Stop worrying about all that crap. You're probably receiving more radiation from the potassium contained in the bannanas you eat that from any man-made device (except x-ray machines). Radiation comes in the form of radio waves, light, heat (infrared light) and many other electromagnetic fenomena, but it doesn't mean that whatever is outputting that kind of radiation is radioactive. Radioactive materials are those that output ionizing radiations, meaning that the energy of the particles emitted can remove electrons off the atoms they interact with. Example: alpha and beta particles, cosmic rays, gamma rays, x-rays UV rays of certain power.

18. BoyCordoba

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For those interested in the subject, here's the link to wikipedia on Ionizing Radiation. It's probably not the best source, but it's infinitely better than Fox News or some doomsday forum. Ionizing radiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, stop the scare, you're more likely to die in a car accident, from heart disease and many more "western-lifestyle-related" causes than from cancer produced from your electronic appliances.

Draft saved Draft deleted