Large condoms in the UK

SirJelqAlot: does anyone who lives in england know of anywhere that sells larger condoms, or any brand names? i used to buy durex comfort but now i cant seem to find them anymore.

any ideas?

SJA

ORCABOMBER: What about Featherlite? Works for me.. just.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
LOL - Featherlites in the US are trailers they use to haul a couple of race cars and equipment in from race to race.

They sound plenty big to me. ;)

Pecker

ORCABOMBER: Bilbo, well they're not too great, just very thin, that seems to help me a lot.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
LOL, Orca, the first time I ordered condoms on the internet I didn't get the really low-priced Magnum XL's I was expecting (back then they were hard to find here and were quite expensive).

I got some Japanese 'version' of them that were about the size of a finger cot. I couldn't even get them over the glans.

Pecker

ORCABOMBER: Bilbo, would you believe my first Condom was an anal one? I was wondering why I had a hard on for so long, I had only cut the bloody circulation off! :D

richie: Durex Comforts fit me just about perfectly. I had a look for them today in Boots. They had every other type of Durex condom but no Comforts. Maybe they were sold out of them or maybe they've stopped selling them altogether, does anyone know? I didn't feel too comfortable (hehe) asking the assistants why they hadn't any...bit of an embarrassing subject, the shop was busy, lots of kids around etc. :)

But I bought a pack of Avantis anyway and will have a good wank into them later and see what they're like. Looking at the packet, it says they're 64 mm wide, assuming that this means the diameter of the condom they're fucking huge (circumference of over 7.5 inches) and will fall off my cock which is only 6.25 inches around at its widest point. But I'll have fun trying them out in any case :)

richie

thefrench_h: 64 mm is the "flat width", i.e. circumference will be close to 128 mm

and Avanti are non-latex condoms, so you won't have the elasticity provided by the latex.

Comfort doesn't seem to be distributed in UK... Is it a too small market there ? :)

http://www.durex.com/uk/mi/products/specs.html

BTW, I'm currently collecting information in order to create a web page about the large condoms, as most of us are concerned by this issue.
So, iIf some of you have any informations and/or testimonies, please e-mail me (see my profile for adress)

richie: thefrench_h: There was some interesting info in that link you posted. Take a look at the "performa", "extra safe", "fetherlite", "elite", and "gossamer" models.

All of these used to be standard size condoms, I am sure of this. However, at some point the specs. seem to have changed. All are now 205 mm long and with a flared 56 mm wide head and a mid shaft width of 52 mm and are all now "easy on". These are the exact same measurements as the old Comfort model.

I'll speculate why this is so.
- Previously, the Durex range consisted of several standard sized condoms plus one large one (Comfort)
- The Comfort proved very popular
- As a result Durex changed its range so that the larger condom has in effect become the new standard. Hence no need for the Comfort model anymore. An condom which is "easy on" is one with the same dimensions as the old Comfort model

richie

richie: Right, I tried the Avantis. Very disappointed! Too short and very tight even on my relatively modest sized cock. Very uncomfortable even when masturbating.

As for the sizes on the UK site perhaps it is a mistake. But I think it's unlikely as it would be very bad practice if a condom manufacturer was publishing incorrect sizes for its products on its offical website.

Interestingly, earlier in this thread, Orcabomber said that Fetherlites fit ok on him. Now I tried Fetherlites before and found them terrible so I was surprised at Orcabomber's comments. A possible explanation is that he was using the newer, larger-sized version while I was using the older, standard version.

BTW I was slightly wrong when I said that the new "easy on" size was exactly the same as the Comfort model, in fact it's a bit narrower, however it's still a large condom.

Comfort dimesions.......205 63 52 54 56
"Easy on" dimensions...205 56 54 52 52

But as you say the only way to know for sure is to try them out ;)

richie

ORCABOMBER: Richie, then again, I'm not as thick as you "in width, dammit!" but I dunno too much about the condom game, so I'm not sure if I had the newer ones or not.

*sigh*

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=richie link=board=health;num=1038762914;start=0#10 date=12/31/02 at 02:58:42]Right, I tried the Avantis. [/quote]

Avanti claims to have very wide condoms. However, in my experience, they fit tight, because they are polyurethane, not latex (at least the ones here in the USA). The polyurethane does not stretch nearly as well as does latex. Consequently, they have to be made wider to get them to fit like a normal condom on an average cock, and due to the lack of stretch will not fit a wide cock comfortably. The published dimensions are probably correct, but they are misleading due to the differences in the material.

hung: Featherlite Trailers are manufactured in Iowa and are also used to haul "Horses," A previous post stated they were used to haul Race cars from race site to the next race site.

Do we know any "Horses," here at the Large Penis Support Group?

7x6andchg: I think we might know a few horses...or horse hung(s).

Pour Thefrench_h:
There is an American site called http://www.ripnroll.com that has a wide variety of condoms of ALL sorts, with statistics (all in inches, sadly)
(1 inch is 25.4 mm.)

They do ship internationally, for a U$D15 fee. Canada is only U$D5.35. I have never ordered from them - they are about 200% the price condoms at my local Wal-Mart cost.

It says the "Magnum XL" is 8.5" (215.9 mm) long and 1.75" (44.45 mm) wide. That width seems wrong to me, although it does work out to 5.5 inches in circumference. Most of the "regular" (although not for this group, perhaps) condoms are between 1.2 and 1.375 inches wide, per their information.

Anyway - thought you'd like to know for your research into larger condom websites. 1.75" is the largest of any of the diameters given for any of the condoms on their website.

A bientot

Paul
7x6&c (ou peut-etre 178 x 152 et quelques pieces)

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=7x6andchg link=board=health;num=1038762914;start=0#14 date=02/04/03 at 16:11:14]

That width seems wrong to me...[/quote]

For whatever reason, Rip n roll has decided to measure condom width differently than manufacturers and the FDA standard. The standard way to measure condom width (according to ASTM standard D3492) is to take the width of the flattened condom. This measurement represents half the circumference.

Rip n roll inflates the condom with air, then measures the diameter of the round, inflated condom, and calls this the width. Because this is difficult to measure, since the inflated condom is not rigid, their measurements are approximate, and tend to be rounded off to common fractions of an inch. To convert the Rip n roll measurments to the standard width, multiply by Pi (3.141) and divide by two.

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=andym478 link=board=health;num=1038762914;start=0#16 date=07/03/03 at 07:59:56]try this one:

www.14-condoms.co.uk/packs-gifts/big-boy-condoms-pack.html

you get a few different ones to try (including Durex Comfort) and no embaressment.

use this company regularly and have always been impressed with service.[/quote]
Sounds cool. Thanks a lot! :)