Large Non-Latex Condoms?

lready14u: I've encountered partners with a latex allergy, but I've not found urethane or lambskin options that don't strangle me. I can wear a Magnum or Magnum XL when latex is no problem, but I'm short of options when latex won't play.

Do such options exist?

Where can they be found?

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most non-latex condoms (i.e. polyurethane) are actually bigger than latex ones. However, they do not stretch as well as latex, so they end up being tight despite the larger initial size if you are above average girth.

An alternative is the female condom, which is non-latex, and quite large. However, it is a pretty gastly device. (Although I speak as a gay man...perhaps it works out somewhat better for its intended application.)

By the way, you mention "lambskin" (actually sheep intestine) condoms. Be aware that although they may function as a barrier against pregnancy, they are no longer considered an effective barrier against disease, due to their high porosity. (Sperm are much larger than virus or bacteria).

carolinacurious: It might be worth trying a trojan supra if you haven't already (very different than the avanti) and the fc female condom isn't latex. Good luck.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Sperm are larger than viruses, but not necessarily larger than bacteria. The average sperm is 5 microns long and not very broad.

lready14u: Thanks for all your inputs. Have any of you used the FC female condom in heterosexual sex? Also, are they readily available for retail purchase or just on the web?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the trick to FC is it can only work for coitus, not for fellatio or pedication. I've used it; it actually can retain consistency in higher temperatures.

Solis25

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok, so polyurethane condoms, they were bought in tucson, and were trojan supras. any lube will do, unlike latex were oil-based lubricants attack the latex. no reported discomfort for a guy at least 9x6, in fact, he's quite fond of them.

WatchStr8Sex

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Guest said:
lready14u: Thanks for all your inputs. Have any of you used the FC female condom in heterosexual sex? Also, are they readily available for retail purchase or just on the web?

The only couple I know who have used the female condom tell me that it is very noisy during sex. I.e., the guy said the condom made lots of crinking sounds as he was pounding his g/f. No good if you're trying not to make noise during sex. Guaranteed to indicate to anyone within earshot that you are fucking.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
WatchStr8Sex said:
The only couple I know who have used the female condom tell me that it is very noisy during sex. I.e., the guy said the condom made lots of crinking sounds as he was pounding his g/f. No good if you're trying not to make noise during sex. Guaranteed to indicate to anyone within earshot that you are fucking.

The CONDOM was THAT LOUD... I doubt it...:rolleyes:

I prefer non latex... I get really itchy if I use latex condoms.:biggrin1: