large penis gene?

kenny: what are the chances that my brothers have large ones if i do?, i wonder if whole familes tend to be well hung rather than an individual. any experiences or opinions?

GottaBigOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i'm not an expert on genetics but I do think that when it comes to the size of any body part there isn't a gene that controls it. Its most likely a gene that control the replicating of the tissue of that body part.

BRMSTN69: this may sound funny but I belive penis size is a trait handed down from the mothers genetic input not the fathers

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
There isn't a single gene that controls it. Several genes probably do. I don't have any twin studies for penis size, but other parts of the body show a bit of epigenetic influence: The prediction based on genetics alone for the length of the foot is about 81%, for the shape of the head about 75%, and for stature 94%.

kenny: interesting, i wasnt sure because i noticed my brother only has regular condoms and they are a little tight for me

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by BRMSTN69@Jun 26 2004, 09:50 PM
this may sound funny but I belive penis size is a trait handed down from the mothers genetic input not the fathers
I definitely got my big one from my dad.

B_Carolina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also believe that it comes from the mother's side of the family....but I majored in Journalism and English in college, so, what do I know???

contortionist

Sexy Member
Media
i agree with the science bit- it's probably discontinuous veriation but--
a friend of mine is very long as is his brother and father. my father is very big (although i'd rather not go there) as am i and, so is my sisters young son. he has inherited 'my side of the family' My sister says he certainly takes after me and not hubby lol. guys at school (UK boys grammar) who were well hung were always compared with their older bros and it seem to be consistant.
Oddly enough i have inherited a 'double-jointed' gene which runs through our family

14x8thck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I do not know who or with what I agree but I do know that my grandfather,father,myself and my younger brother are all LARGE!
On the other hand on my mothers side of the family out of six first cousin FIVE are gay. Myself my brother and three others. And in the same family my mothers two first cousin(brothers) also gay. What a trip but there are granchildren. Only two of us never got married and pretended. I have a nephew! B)

HornyVeteranSJ: It is widely said that cock size is determined from the mother's half of our genes. But it doesn't hurt if Daddy's hung either. Thank Mommy for your cock size guys.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, your brothers will share 50% of your DNA, except for monozygotic twins, who share 100%. Your father also shares 50% of your DNA, as do your sons.

kenny: if it was inherited from the mother, then wouldnt all sons tend to be bigger?

LoveGirl:
Originally posted by jonb@Jun 28 2004, 11:28 PM
Well, your brothers will share 50% of your DNA, except for monozygotic twins, who share 100%. Your father also shares 50% of your DNA, as do your sons.
I don't understand genetics very well. At first I thought 50% alike to your father, so that means 50% of your genes from father and 50% of your genes from mother. Then I thought Where does genetic morphing come in? (Like evolution and stuff, your environment conditioning your genetics to alter your offspring, etc). Then I realized you said males are 50% like their brothers. That makes the 50%Mom/50%Dad thing a false (and uneducated (as opposed to calling my idea stupid)) assumption because by that assumption I would think you would be the same as your brother (50%+50%=100%, stupid? Yes, I know!). Then I think Where do girls come in if all offspring are 100%?. That makes me think some more and come up with the idea, Maybe the 50% and 50% aren't the SAME 50% every time! This is where I am at a block. Okay now that you know how stupid I am can you please explain this to me jonb?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Um, not quite:

You get 50% of your DNA from your father. Your father passes 50% of his genes down to you.
You get 50% of your DNA from your mother. Your mother passes 50% of her genes down to you. You also get your mother's cytoplasmic inheritance.
Your brother also gets 50% from each parent, as well as Mom's cytoplasmic inheritance.
Therefore, the probability is 50% your (non-monozygotic) brother most likely shares 50% of his DNA with you, with a modal distribution for any ratio higher or lower.

Monozygotic (so-called "identical") twins are produced asexually and as such are genetically identical.

The other element is mutation, which is basically random, except for viruses, as well as certain chemical agents and types of radiation. Mutations include:

deletion -- nucleotides are deleted
insertion -- nucleotides are added
transition -- nucleotides change
transversion -- nucleotides reverse in order
chromosome mutations -- chromosomes can be added or deleted

The other element of evolution is selection, which basically means the way genetic diversity decreases. For example, my ancestors weren't exposed to smallpox until about 500 years ago. So we didn't have certain immune genes necessary to combat smallpox; or rather, we had the genes, but only a small minority. Today, the genes to combat smallpox are practically universal for us.

ponybilt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
OK, but the question, in a couple forms, is still out there: why would there be such a variance between brothers in dick size, particularly if it's a trait passed maternally?

I've got 3 brothers, all with the same mother and father. The 2 youngest are identical twins. I've only seen them naked when we were all very young, so there's no distinguishing what's ocurred post-puberty. However, my sisters-in-law have seen me, and they say that my brothers in no way size up to me. (sure, without genetic testing you could say that I was the milkman's baby, but we'd still all have the same mother, so that theory doesn't hold water, or milk... whichever).

I'm just speculating, but there are 2 things I believe may be relevant here: first, rather than familial characteristics for a big -- or huge -- cock, I think there's more of an ethnic trend (no, not the color issue), e.g., I've found that Slavic guys and northern Europeans have a propensity toward being well endowed, so if both parents are from those groups then there's a higher propensity for the sons to be well hung. I'm not a geneticist, so I'm just blowing some smoke. Therefore a guy with 2 Polish parents would probably have a greater chance of being hung than a guy with a Polish mother and a Chilean. And I know if our host reads this, he'll have some sort of retort ;)

The second is that you just have to know there's some scientist working on the genome mapping that's spending an awful lot of his free time trying to figure out exactly which genes, mechanisms, and triggers are responsible for huge cock; he'll patent the string and make a freaking bagillion dollars (US).
:D

Simon9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perhaps, Ponybilt, but I don't think guys that are Polish are called "Poles" for that reason...

We've heard that guys from a variety of ethnicities tend to be "large". They can't all be true. Italians, Middle Eastern types, Blacks, Carribean Latinos, Slavs, Greeks, AmerIndians, Brits, Swedes, etc. Pretty much everyone but Orientals and the French make the list. j/k

Must be a lot of hung guys out there, hiding their largesse and keeping those average numbers down.

B)