Large Size Condoms: A Boost to the Ego, or the Big Man's Godsend?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Triasco, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I was talking with a friend a few minutes ago. Said friend has a 10.5 inch penis with a girth I think is in between 6 and 7 inches.

We were discussing my virginity and I mentioned that I had no idea what kind of condom I should buy. My friend suggested "either light blue or gold. Preferrebly gold." When I asked him if by gold he meant Magnums, he replied yes. When I told him that I might not be able to fit a magnum, he said that "condoms are all the same size." He went on to say that large size condoms are just an appeal to the ego of man because a condom can stretch to cover an entire forearm. I ended up agreeing with him simply because it was late and I didn't want to get into an argument at the time, but I was thinking about it. A person who wears size seven shoes can wear a size five shoe sometimes; however, that doesn't mean the shoes FIT.

What do the rest of you think? Condoms are one size fits all? They DO come in different sizes? This question as already been asked before? Please, be honest.

2. yodiggity

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    magnums dont cut the circulation off as much as a regular sized condom from my experience

3. junkere

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Beautifully said.

I had the same question
    http://www.lpsg.org/220183-are-magnums-just-a-marketing.html

Apparently almost everyone here thinks they actually do make a difference.

4. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo

I thought as much. I mean, this is a LARGE PENIS forum. I just found it odd that my well-endowed friend would be the one to say that they don't make a difference, especially when he's got the biggest cock I know. I wonder if he knows what a proper fitting condom feels like.

5. junkere

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I guess the only way to know for sure is to try on one. I might be getting some soon. If I feel different I'll let you know :biggrin1:

#5 junkere, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  6. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Indeed, I feel as though that IS the only way. Numbers can only tell so much, really.

7. Hefty

Gold Member

Albums:
    I definitely need the bigger condom brands - there is a big difference - but it's also true that some condom brands *are* "vanity brands". For instance, one condom marketed as XL has a circumference only about 2-3 millimeters bigger than a standard condom. There is definitely a market for "larger condoms which in reality aren't that much bigger than a standard condom". These condoms sell because bragging about size is something many guys do, and calling only-slightly-bigger-than-normal condoms "XL" facilitates this. It's a sales ploy, really.

But there also exist condoms which really are considerably bigger. I use TheyFit or Coripa, which come in 50-70 different combinations of length and width. The biggest among these are quite a different matter.

8. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    The FDA restricts how wide condoms can be. To get wider sizes, you have to purchase them from overseas.

They Fit are no longer made and they sold out of the widest ones in early 2010. To find equivalent sizes, there's a tool here:
    http://www.lpsg.org/221472-condoms-with-pouches.html#post3228772

Coripa, My Size and FC female condom are the biggest ones.

9. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Well, you learn something new every day! But why is that? I mean, why does the FDA place a limit upon width if there are individuals who need (or prefer) that space?

10. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I don't actually know the reason why.

This is purely speculation, but I suspect the reason is because when a man wears a condom too wide for his penis, it slips off during sex, making it ineffective for preventing disease transmission. The problem is that men like to buy "vanity sizes" when shopping for condoms. So allowing wider width condoms would probably end up decreasing the effectiveness of condoms in general because too many men would end up wearing condoms too wide for their penises, causing a serious public health issue.

That's my best guess. It's the same reasoning they use with other issues. They stopped allowing sunscreen makers to label suncreen as SPF 100, because people wouldn't apply it as often which made it ineffective for skin cancer prevention. Now they're all SPF 50+.

#10 petite, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  11. saabman

saabman New Member

magnums r definitely wider than a regular trojan. i tried both. magnums go on easier and r way more comfortable.

12. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    The explanations about condoms makes sense, but I don't understand that reasoning before the SPF 100 label. Actually, let me rephrase that. I understand the FDA's reasoning but why wouldnt... oh, I see. Because it's a high SPF, people thought they didn't have to apply it as often?

13. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Exactly, but all sunscreen rubs off at the same rate, no matter how high the SPF.

14. Triasco

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I suppose that makes sense for sunscreen AND condoms, but it certainly seems as though it would be hell if you needed that space.

Draft saved Draft deleted