larger guys view of smaller guys

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Imported, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

dhq412: hi, a few times in locker room of YMCA, I see hung guys, and they always sort of have a certain strut they do it seems to show it off(not all hung guys do this, just a few)....me being a smaller guy(probably 2 to 3 times smaller than most of you guys) I was wondering if any of you do this, why, and how it makes you feel when you do this...just wondering, I dont think ill ever be able to do this, seeing as to mine is around 1" or so soft, when i try to strut i just get sorta giggles(under their breath of course)

thanks,
    dhq412

2. Max

Max New Member

I don't "strut" ... wouldn't know how to! Maybe someone can tell me LOL.

I'm never in a situation which might encourage it. Nor have I ever been, so far as I can remember.

On the other hand, I think I probably do walk (as well as stand and especially sit) in a way which is affected by my size .. I suppose it's simply the need to keep the legs further apart than most guys have to.

3. Imported

Gold Member

bklynbigballs: Sure, guys with big cocks like to show off. If I were big, I'd be whipping it out all the time.

On the other hand, a lot of people assume their "inferiority" in a situation is a far bigger deal than it really is and project arrogance onto someone they see as superior. In other words, if you have a small cock, you might think guys with big cocks are "strutting" around you. It may seem that they're the ones rubbing your nose in their huge cocks when, in fact, it's you who has your nose pressed up against the window. It's like when a girl is pretty or develops breasts early. The other girls automatically assume she's stuck up or a slut when, in fact, she's neither. She's just pretty and the other girls are jealous but they're not even aware of their own jealousy. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but it's a thought.

I get this a lot for being tall. A week ago, this short guy came up to me in a bar and started passive-aggressively suggesting that I "don't like short guys." I asked him why he thought this and he responded, "because you totally ignored me when you walked in." What had really happened was, I hadn't noticed him because the bar was really crowded. It's not like I walked in, looked over the entire bar and said to myself, "okay, he's short, I'll ignore him, he's okay, I'll hit on him, he's short, ignore, he's okay, make pass, etc." It was all in his mind. And because he was being so hostile, I had to stop talking to him and now he probably thinks, "oh, see? Tall men are snobs!"

4. benderten2001

Gold Member

[quote author=bklynbigballs
     "...In other words, if you have a small cock, you might think guys with big cocks are "strutting" around you.  It may seem that they're the ones rubbing your nose in their huge cocks when, in fact, it's you who has your nose pressed up against the window..."]

B I N G O !!

I can't say I consciously "strut".... 'Never took any lessons as I became a "well-endowed man" on precisely how to "strut".... (I don't think I missed something) ???

What I do instead....is "walk" and try to go about the business at hand at that particular moment. I am not consciously aware of "showing off" so to speak.

I'm amazed in this group just how many of our members (falling average or even somewhat below average) have this mistaken idea that ALL of the larger among us take such great pride in flaunting, belittling, and making our fellow (less endowed) brothers feel miserable.

WAKEY ! WAKEY! --We 're not ALL like that!

This forum should illustrate so well that we have many, many, members (yes, many of whom are well endowed or super-endowed) who show a compassionate, human side of wanting to help, encourage, guide and educate others. Many of us try to address questions that sometimes border on the ridiculous or absurd because, here again, the topics are suggesting an almost (if not outright) stereotypical image of larger men always being arrogant, prideful, hateful, domineering, obnoxioius baffoons whose sole personal agendas are bent to single out every smaller man and drive him into the ground. I'm finding this "distorted view" from some members increasingly nauseating to some degree.

There ARE some decent, low-key guys with larger than average size who go about their lives in a respectable, dignified way. I won't lie here--such men (myself included) are happy that we are larger than average. We wouldn't change that for the world! But, suffice it to say, we have found (or, are seeking to find) a proper balance in life and have learned (or are still learning) that there's more to being a man than toting a big size for all to admire.

It just seems so very disrespectul, offensive, and, VERY unwarranted to think otherwise of so many of us here.

5. Imported

Gold Member

View_From_Below: Ahem, may I point out, in order to keep the room temperature from climbing a little steeply, that in dhq412's original post he carefully said: "not all hung guys do this, just a few." Even if you think NO hung guys do it, dhq412's statement does not appear at all to me to have been intended as a blanket accusation.

Apparently I am reading a different board. Far from finding "many" accusatory postings from small men, I find, out of the six thousand or so postings on this board, virtually none. Of the very few postings at all from small men, they seem to me to be inquisitive but polite. The "ridiculous or absurd" questions, when they appear, seem to me almost exclusively to be asked by the well hung of each other....

VFB

6. Imported

Gold Member

dhq412: hi, thanks for your defense view_from_below, I was just about to quote myself when I read your statement :) i was very positive I put "not all hung guys do this, just a few" because if I said all hung guys did it..then it would just be a lie..and thats not what I was going for...but anyways, sorry about the confusion

what I meant was...I seemed to notice that, for example, if a guy wanted to get from one side of the locker room to the other, a lot of times I noticed that small or sometimes even average sized guys would either A) walk fast or B) carry a towel or something in front of them to get to the other side, where as some(again, not all, infact, very few) hung guys would walk slowly, more casually and freely...not that theres anything wrong with it, I was just wondering how it felt because I would never be able to understand it with my endowment :)

i hope that cleared it up,
    thanks,
    dhq412

-- i just wanted to add that my ideas are by no means scientific, just empirical, objective observations i noticed while in the locker room/shower/sauna area and such

7. benderten2001

Gold Member

dhq412 (and, view_from_below),

Yes. You BOTH did help clear things up! Thanks. ;)
    My apologies.

BTW, as to "what" I could be thinking should I walk by you---however "which way" I am walking, I pretty much KNOW it's not necessarily going to be a thought about "what I'm swinging" or "who's-a-looking" at that particular moment. More than likely, it's going to be a thought about what, when, or where I have to get to next, and whether I will be late there, too!

dhq412, I concede that I overreacted to some extent to your original post. But, having been around this forum for a very long time (probably close to its inception; its numerous re-births, etc. over nearly three years, now) I have seen a plethora of comments, remarks, and insinuations that larger men typically look down upon other men. It's just not true of ALL of us. I merely tried to state OUR position.

And as to "the very few responses at all from small men" as mentioned--that's probably true. Well, we will just have to reiterate that this forum exists for anyone and everyone who has an interest in "large". So join in the dialogue! We learn from each other here.

8. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: Look , I have a big cock. This assumption sometimes that those of us who are huge-hung are "rubbing little guys noses in it" or something is very strange to me. It's just THERE no matter what I do : strut , flaunt, sit on a locker room bench - whatever. And I love that it is. I'm glad I have much more meat than the average guy. I'm proud of it - it gives me pleasure. I don't think a man with a smaller penis is any less of a man. He just has less dick. Fact of anatomy. I've experienced plenty of admiration from smaller guys. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get off on their awe. And the smaller the man , the more awe....I feel renewed pleasure about my own size when I'm ogled. I don't think I "strut" ,but I like other men seeing what's slung between my legs , so I DO display the goods. And it feels good. I guess I'm exhibitionistic , but so what? There are plenty of people out there who enjoy looking at me, that's for damn sure. There's nothing malicious going on. In fact, I have a good friend who is quite small. He has outright admitted to me that he wishes he were hung like I am. One night when we were hanging out drinking he said he wished he could see how big I got hard. So I showed him. He even held it for a little while. We still laugh about that night. He told me that now sometimes when he's with a woman he closes his eyes and pretends my cock is on his body. It makes me feel good that he appreciates my size so much. It has made our friendship more open and solid. He says he almost knows what it feels like to be well-endowed because of me. He keeps on asking me all sorts of specifics , and I let him know in detail what it's like to have all this cock at my disposal. I like the bonding we do around size discrepancy.

9. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

You're entitled to feel that way, Meathose. No one's taking that away from you, I'm pretty sure.

I have a different side to what you were talking about. I have a friend who, by no means, is a small guy. He's hauling around 7", maybe a little bigger depending on how aroused he is, and he demonstrates a reasonable girth. We had done a lot of talk about size and comparing and a mutual desire to masturbate side by side. When he came down to visit, we hung out and had fun but, one night, we were both demonstrably aroused and sought release together. We both whipped out our meat and when he saw mine, he was visibly impressed by it. He grabbed it, felt it up, gave it a few tugs, talking the whole time about how big I am. He got a little verbal: he talked about how I must tear up vaginas whenever I fuck women, how that's a real huge cock, and how good looking it is. He had no sexual desire for it, but he was definitely taken in and had no inhibition in telling me how awesome it looks and how much he wanted to see some cum ropes fly.

He helped facilitate me getting off by paying so much attention to the size; it was as if he coaxed the load out of me, talking about how badly he wanted to see a man-sized cumshot fly all over the place. (And I most certainly did!)

He has been back home for a while now, and we talk through IMs almost everyday. I talked about a girl I wanted to hang out with and he automatically jumped to how much I want to have sex with her (not that I'd turn her down, she is attractive!). I laughed at that, and we immediately got started on size discussion again. To sum up what we were talking about, no matter how much I assured him that he had a decent tackle -- he's a big footballer guy with a sizeable dick -- he couldn't stop staging comparisons to my own cock. Yes, it's no contest. I'm bigger and a bit thicker than he is. I like my size, but I had no intentions to denigrate his own cock. And what's worse is that he has these lingering inadequacies, no matter how much I compliment him in other ways.

He's got a nice pecker, smarts, good looks... but he's no 9+ and he seems perpetually discontent.

While it's good that your friend took your cock size in stride, bro, it doesn't always work out like that. My friend and I are pretty damn close and have bonded on several levels, but for what it's worth, I wouldn't have compared size if I knew that it would damage his self-worth.

10. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: Sorry to hear it kicked up his inadequacy , Dee. That sounded like a fine night the two of you had , there...My own friend is secure in many ways. Maybe he came to terms with being so small long ago. Also , I'd bet your friend's relatively healthy size maybe made it worse , because he's close enough to you in measurement that it hurts. Do you think if , say , he had a 4 or 5 incher it would still be a problem.? My point is that my friend is SO far from the ballpark I'm in any comparison is ridiculous. Therefore a one-dimensional awe is more natural. I think I'll ask him if he'd like to "see some cum ropes fly" as you put it. I don't think either of us have thought about that possibility , but I'm betting he'd enjoy seeing a huge one explode.

11. Imported

Gold Member

dhq412: Thanks for your reply meathose...I wasn't judging you or anyone for that matter, I just wanted to know how it felt :) Sorry if it came off as sounding like I was mad at all large dicked guys for some reason or another, my english skills are pretty bad a lot of the time. ???

thanks again for all of your responses,
    dhq

12. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: No man , dhq - I didn't think that at all from your first post. You were just curious , from what I could tell , and were wondering what it felt like to be a big hung guy in the locker room. Your tone was perfectly cool. A couple of the follow up posts went off in that other direction. You seem to like watching those guys at the YMCA , no?

13. Max

Max New Member

Dee and Meathose,

Like you, I have experienced a number of conversations with average or small men about size differences. As a younger guy they happened mostly through random encounters, though sometimes they would be with long term friends. These days it is mostly my participation on lpsg that engenders them in cyber form.

The bottom line for me: Of course being admired and flattered because of your size makes you feel good about yourself, and sometimes I have to admit that it can be such a turn on that it results in an A+ grade erection for me. That is fine, maybe, so long as you don't hanker for it and come to need it.

But I hope that I have never tried to ridicule or discourage a smaller guy. Answering his questions is fine, enjoying talking about your dick is fine (what's this board all about if not that? :) ) -- but I still wonder what the long term effects of these conversations might be on the small guy.

For that reason I am with Dee in his expressed anxieties about all this.

14. Imported

Gold Member

smileyface: I think it's great to be a hung guy at the locker room. Strutting may seem unfair to some guys with less meat, but hey, when I don't strut people always try to get a better look... may as well show them...

15. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

[quote author=meathose10 link=board=relationships;num=1042784044;start=0#9 date=01/18/03 at 19:53:17]Do you think if, say, he had a 4 or 5 incher it would still be a problem?[/quote]

I bet it would be worse. While my bud held a lot of reverence for my size in the heat of the moment, when the intensity cooled down and we discuss it, it was all about that uphill battle. Maybe if he were 4 or 5 and a middle school age kid (who happened to see mine in a communal shower), it would be a "one-dimensional awe" as you so put it. But he's my age and convinced that for being 6'4" he's "average" -- which isn't at all the case, but remains fixed in his cognitive understanding.

16. Imported

Gold Member

View_From_Below: Meathose and others,

OK, here are a few thoughts from a man on the small end of the spectrum.

It is completely natural for small-hung men to be intensely curious about the experience of their brothers on the opposite end of the spectrum. I daresay that 100% of men share the view that a large penis is the masculine ideal. If you don't have one, of course you are going to be intrigued by what having one is like--physically, socially, etc. Even if they are secure in themselves, have accepted their size, are functioning fine sexually, and all that, many small men are still going to be curious. If they can find a well-hung friend, where there is a good trust level who is willing to be open with them and tell/show them what it is like, they're in luck, and they can have a window on this experience. If their friend is reluctant to talk to them (out of concern for their self-worth or for other reasons), that doesn't mean that they will stop being intrigued or fascinated. They will just be thwarted. And if there are self-worth or inadequacy issues, they will have pre-existed the inquiry, and will not be caused by any sharing that takes place.

I don't see a lot of difference, frankly, between this interest and the interest many men have in successful athletes. For most men the athletic gifts of professional athletes are never to be within their grasp, but that doesn't stop them from admiring those athletes. Guys talk all the time about the natural talents of athletes, analyze their stats, discuss their techniques, read interviews with them, etc. Not being an athletic star doesn't mean that guys never play sports just because they can't play at a professional level. They probably play as hard as they can, as well as they can, given the skills they have. America runs on pick-up games and amateur leagues.

As this thread shows, there are probably lots of different ways this interaction could play out, some great, some maybe not so great. Meathose, your friend sounds pretty lucky, and the ongoing relationship works for both of you. Sounds like he knows who he is and has dealt with it, and separately is very admiring of your special gifts. You are very uninhibited, and that probably makes him feel comfortable asking you questions or (like Dee's friend) telling you how awesome your equipment is. And you are openly self-appreciative, which is an admirable quality. Why not? It's perfectly OK to think yourself awesome if you are. Truth is truth. And you sound like you have a lot of respect for your friend as well. So do the others, who have responded with different views on this thread, regarding their friends.

17. benderten2001

Gold Member

Well....here I go again, now....
    (what is this, my third post on this matter?)

I have found this thread especially interesting somehow to me personally because I have learned some different ideas from virtually everyone who has responded.

I'm sure I may have, no doubt, come across as somewhat "aloof, unapproachable, etc." as to how I would "behave" in a shower lockerroom environment. Having read the other remarks (since my first two posts) I believe I now realize that, subconsciously, I try to avoid "showing off or strutting" because I remember so well how it felt years and years ago when I was a "late bloomer" in adolescence. The gym locker / shower room stares, laughs, and the "ambiance" that I just didn't measure up to the other guys burned an indelible memory into my mind...a BAD one! I just vowed then and there (I suppose) that I would never intentionally inflict that kind of emotional pain or agony on another guy--ever.

18. Imported

Gold Member

meathose10: It's this notion of "inflicting emotional pain or agony' just because you've got the biggest cock in the room that I find bewildering. I guess teenagers might rag on each other cruelly - I personally never experienced that because my equipment isn't something you'd demean. I was teased for being 'different' , I guess , but it always felt good-natured. And I myself have never deliberately tried to make ANYBODY feel bad because they're small. I can't really grasp the concept. Thanks , VFB for your encouragement and praise. Since you're admittedly under-endowed it means a lot. I'm sure you're one of those guys I'm accustomed to , who admire and take a good look at a huge hung man without any sour envy or scorn. And we BOTH can enjoy the interaction, no?

19. benderten2001

Gold Member

:eek: Well, My FOURTH post and counting....

Until now, I hadn't thought about this emerging scenario here but, it appears there are at least three (?) attitudes of the guys (of average size or under) when they have an occasion to be around larger endowed men---

(1) They WELCOME the chance to "enjoy the view" and
    perhaps would like to cultivate conversation and
    dialogue with the larger guys...they WOULD NOT feel
    intimidated (like I had been assuming!)

(2) They WOULD immediately (or would generally) feel
    uncomfortable being around larger guys and either
    expect further humiliation or a condescending
    attitude from the larger men.

(3) Or, they are quite comfortable with themselves as
    men; their size, etc.; -- ignore the larger men (and
    everyone else) and.......... just go on with life.

By Jobe,....I think I've got it now! hmmmmmm -Okay.

20. Imported

Gold Member

Donk: Had an interesting encounter at the gym the other day with one of the smallest erections I have ever seen. I'm sure there are smaller penises out there, but what made this unusual is that the guy did not seem concerned about hiding it, even next to my endowment.

I assume he was gay, but I do not know for sure. I normally don't jump to the conclusion that a guy is gay just because he is staring at my penis, even if he gets an erection while doing so. My gym has a sizable gay crowd and most of them are pretty open about it and chat with each other in a way that it is usually pretty obvious who is part of that group and who isn't. Anyway, the guy was 20-something, average height and build.

I was just stepping out of the shower when he stepped into the shower room. I was feeling relaxed and after the hot shower I was hanging a fat 8-9 inches, so I was not surprised when his eyes fixated on it. I was surprised when he removed his own towel and revealed this little 1" nub. Not surprised that such a penis existed, but surprised that he was so open about displaying it. Usually guys hung like that try to keep it hidden, especially when mine is staring them in the face. He kept his eyes on mine as he was stepping into the shower and I put my towel on and went into the sauna. When I got out of the sauna and was toweling off, he emerged from the shower, this time with a raging erection poking out. I would guess it was about 4.5" long and very thin. Again, he neither hid it nor flaunted it. He casually walked across the locker room and put his underwear on, still hard. He wore tight briefs and when he stuffed his little hard-on into them I kinda winced at the thought of trying to do that with mine. He happened to have the locker right next to mine and, as he sat on the bench dressing, he was treated to an eye-level view of my dick while I was dressing.

Nothing was said during this whole encounter. It was just obvious that he was fixated on my dick.

I really wondered what was going through his mind. If he was gay, it could be as simple as he wwas just turned on. I wondered if he was thinking about what it would feel like to have my dick hanging between his legs.

For my part, I was impressed by his self-confidence. And I found the contrast between our two organs really fascinating. They were both penises, but other than that they had so little in common--his little finger poking out compared to the long, heavy piece of flesh flopping between my legs.

Draft saved Draft deleted