Larger penis = shorter life span?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_mitchymo, Jul 9, 2009.

1. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Interested to know if there was an evolutionary advantage to a bigger penis i decided to go do some googleing and found a theory by a nurse on wikianswers and she came up with a credible theory, what do you reckon to her theory.

She says that she has assisted in over 300 circumcisions and that black babies are born with the biggest dicks and asian babies with the smallest.
    She says the reason is down to testosterone levels and that men with higher levels tend to have more manly physiques and bigger penises but that the downside leads to aggression and higher susceptibility to illness later on in life or earlier in child development.

She explains how in evolutionary terms the bigger penis has only one advantage...to plant sperm further into the female and increase chances of a speedier conception and that it may be nature's way of helping black people to 'catch up' with other races. (Is that controversial?)

Asians have the longer life spans and so higher populations because they have generally smaller penises which means less testosterone. This kind of makes sense that testosterone plays a big part in life expectancy considering that women have an average 5-7yrs longer than men regardless of race.

Any thoughts?

2. Hanes2008

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It has some credibility but I have the former (high testosterone) and none of the latter downsides. I think there could be some loose correlation between the two but its nothing factual.

I only know for one that being taller means you have a shorter life span.

3. youngthirdleg

youngthirdleg Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I thought penis size was genetical, not to do with testosterone levels.

4. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

Being taller? :eek: How come?

I thought so too but i don't understand why my dad is large but i am average

5. prism

prism Member

wow

that IS controversial....

6. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Very interesting & thoughtful!

7. D_Handsomme Volgard Rentboye

testosterone levels are also controlled by genes, almost everything is controlled with genes, but the rest is socially acquired

8. D_Handsomme Volgard Rentboye

the corrolation between testosterone levels and life span and the quality of life has been identified before... and what you have been told is very sound and very rational, and just because something is genetic doesnt mean u get it from ur dad (if ur a boy) or breast size is inherited through the mom, after all boys get X from their mom (which has most traits) and Y from the father (which has minimal traits)

9. Mule

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My thoughts are that without credible peer-reviewed scientific analysis, it's all just speculation based on personal experience which may or may not reflect the wider picture. In other words, without solid evidence, it doesn't mean much.

I believe that there is a significant amount of research that points to lifestyle and diet being the main contributor to differences in lifespan/health between different cultures. This makes a whole lot more sense to me than some speculation about testosterone levels being linked to penis size and/or lifespan.

10. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

I would not put much faith in wikianswers!

Other than the obvious stereotypical race comments that we argue about elsewhere on lpsg, someone should ask her why she participates in circumcision rituals. Anyway, I doubt the babies were showing their erect size as they were being cut! :eek: In any case, she sounds like idiocy and someone just begging for an argument. Besides, Testosterone would play little, if any part in the size of a baby's dick because T does not really kick in until puberty! You would think a nurse would know this.

There are as many opponents as proponents to these theories and there are 4 different issues in this last statement. Why not start a lpsg poll asking hung men to have their T level checked and report back. I am sure the results will be all over the place.

Extremely controversial. Also begs the argument that men who spurt have an advantage over men who dribble but then enters in the argument that female orgasm sucks sperm in regardless of where it is "planted." These arguments will go on forever as they keep people employed. The one I like best is that penis size evolved as more of an "attracting" trait like a Peacock's feathers. Then people say that how would the female know unless the male always had an erection? Some say that penis size evolved as a means of warding off less endowded males. IOW, it is for other males not for females at all!

I think that is the whole point of her statements, clearly she is a racist.

That testosterone affects life expectancy seems to be a generally accepted statement but there are way too many other variables, IMO, to think that if you have lower T you will live longer. Anyway, if higher T means that I have a better quality of life but have to give up 5-7 years, I would do it. It seems that the increase in doctors pushing T to their (especially older as well as their immune-compromised) male patients seems to indicate that it not only may increase life expectancy but ward off such diseases as arthritis and help men maintain a more ideal weight (Estradiol, the main active female hormone that all men have, E2, is higher in overweight men).

Again, I think this woman was simply trying to stir up argumentation that, you just might get here. :rolleyes:

#10 D_Pubert Stabbingpain, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  11. mandoman

Gold Member

I suspect there is zero truth to it.
    If Africans are trying to catch up, why is the origin of all of us in Africa?
    Is there a reputable study of penis size at birth? Is there a reputable correlation between birth size and later penis size? Is there a reputable study of size by race? The last one I saw, which was worldwide and thousands of men, showed a tiny difference between the black, white, and asian sizes.

Draft saved Draft deleted