laser hair removal

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by airc3, Sep 10, 2011.

1. airc3

airc3 New Member

Albums:
    Has anyone here had laser hair removal, especially on the back? I've had 9 treatments so far on my back and shoulders at a cost of around $4.5k. My shoulders are coming along fine, but my back has shown very little progress. Now I'm told by the laser tech to stop coming because my body just doesn't react to the laser, despite being an "excellent candidate" (light skin, dark hair). They think it's because my testosterone may be too high.

Needless to say, I'm pissed. I feel like my money's been totally wasted. I don't think I got screwed by these people because my shoulders are fine and they told me to stop coming.

Has anyone else heard of such a thing? I've done some research and can't find anything about laser hair removal not working. I'm tempted to try someplace new, but I don't want to fork out another $4.5k for no results.

2. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

I heard the same thing, that skin and hair color make a difference, and also the length and growth phase that the hair is in when they do the treatments. I don't have a lot of hair on my back, so given the variables and the unpredictability, I decided not to spend the money.

3. RussianSexDoll

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had laser removal done on my bikini area about 4 years ago. Had 7 sessions, greatest thing I've ever done, I shave now about once every month or two, no bumps and baby smooth! :)

4. fatddyslam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've seen some results with just one session. I have this plan to do 12 sessions and only paying about $1200 for it. So far, they say im a great candidate (light skin, dark hair) and it's working well.

i already shave my back less after just one session.

5. airc3

airc3 New Member

Albums:
    See, I also have lighter skin and dark hair and was told I'm an excellent candidate. After 9 sessions, I see little improvement on my back, but good improvement on my shoulders. I just find it odd that they would tell me to stop trying.

6. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

I got ride of about half of the hair on my back with th six sessions of laser. I just couldn't stand any more. Too uncomfortable for me. I'm pleased with what I got and my wife shaves my backed every 2 weeks or so.

7. sccp

sccp New Member

has anyone tried this on the chest/abdomen? I don't mind some chest hair, but my stomach is like a forest. Trying to trim/shave it is a never ending battle. I just worry about it looking weird with the abs done, but not the chest itself? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

8. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

My experience was similar to yours and six sessions was about all I could stand. The laser removed about 2/3rds of my back hair and I am comfortable with what is left. My wife shaves my back about once a month also.

Draft saved Draft deleted