Laser Hair removal

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Gay Joe, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Gay Joe

Gay Joe New Member

Albums:
    Hey all,
    Has anyone had laser hair removal??? What did you think??? Did you have anyproblems??? How do you like the results??? And if you had to do it again would you???

I have started my 1st of 4 treatments last week(each treatment is 3 months apart). I am having my chest, tummy, pubic area (leaving a nice little patch), penis and balls, buttock, and my lower back done. During the treatment the laser was high and actually burnt my penis and cause pain between my leg area. The pain is gone but I have a red area still on my penis hopefully it will not scare. I would love to hear others stories and if there is anything I should know that the doctors do not tell you.

Thanks inadvance for any help that you can give me.

Joe

2. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Joe:

A lot of laser operators will not treat the "lower body" of male clients.
    I did have laser treatment (from a cosmetic surgeon) for thread veins on my nose and found it unbearably painful. Even the application of a topical pain-killing cream did not help ..... I only had two treatments !
    Many laser operatore are NOT qualified enough.
    What happens if you change your mind about body hair ?
    A girlfriend of mine in the 1970s had electrolysis on her eyebrows only for bushy brows like Brooke Shields and Margaux Hemmingway to become fashionable .
    I also gather laser works best on white skin with dark hair and there is no definitive evidence that laser really does remove hair permanently.
    Furthermore, laser resurfacing used to be a popular way to treat acne scarring but no longer .....

3. daveid

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    hey gay joe,
    i curious about doing the same. keep us (or just me) posted on how it's coming. thanks.

4. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    In Europe they have a hair removal system that uses sound rather than light. Skin and hair color are irrelevant. Hopefully it will arrive here eventually.

5. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My wife has always likes the smooth look and feel so she sends me to get a TOTAL (every square inch) body wax whenever needed which in my groin area is now every 6 weeks, the rest of the body every 3 + months not a hairy guy to start with.

Draft saved Draft deleted