Laser printers may pose health risks

Yonkers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah right. I'll believe that when I see it. I deal with laser printers daily in my job. The HP printers that are listed (4250 & 1320) are 3 years old, but can still be purchased. The HP 4050 is approx 7 - 8 years old. HP haven't produced this printer for the past 3 - 4 years. This is the first I've heard of this kind of report.

Yonkers.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have seen such a test before, but I think the actual danger can be decreased dramatically if the printer is operated in an environment with good air conditioning, especially, ventilation. I remember the printer room of the met offices has always been very aggressive on my eyes and lungs from the emissions of the printer and plotter equipment there, and the chemicals used in those.

The problem with judging the results of these tests is where the measurements have been taken. In the test I saw, the measuring probe was closed near the exit of the printer, where the dust particle count was soaring. I may doubt this is the load an office worker inhales, at least I have never seen someone put his nose into the printer. As long as I don't know how this test was being conducted, I would be careful with acting on its results.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I remember the printer room of the met offices has always been very aggressive on my eyes and lungs from the emissions of the printer and plotter equipment there, and the chemicals used in those.

I remember how badly some of the met chart rooms stank from the chemicals used in the old wet style fax printers. I tore and posted on the wall my share of those. It was a relief when met chart printing was shifted to dot matrix printers.

Now, of course, its mostly all pixels.