last night the cynic in me for love took the backseat

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_James_A_Farafield, Nov 20, 2011.

1. D_James_A_Farafield

D_James_A_Farafield Account Disabled

so last night my first ever REAL date was interesting! It went well. Can you believe that he thought i was straight! LOL
    he said he couldn't figure out why a straight guy would ask another guy he just met at work out for a movie and dinner....he thought i just wanted to hang out as buds lol even like at dinner he was still thinking i was straight. it wasn't until we went to a gay bar that he got the picture cuz then he knew no straight guy would take another guy there. he told me later that he got hints at work that i wasn't straight but he just wasn't sure.

anyways, we went to a bar to kill some time while we waited for the movie-we eventually saw pedro almodovar's Skin I live in. Anyways at the bar, he approached me and kissed me...HE KISSED ME! he was like "why did u ask me out and not a girl from our training class at work" and i told him that i liked him from the moment i saw him on the first day. And later while watching the movie HE held my hand and rubbed my leg and put his arm on mine.

we talked a lot that night. he told me about his past boyfriends which honestly i didn't know if that's what you bring up on a first date and i felt a little jealous which tells me i'm really into him. i drove him home and we sat in my car outside and we're trying to say goodnight for like 2 hours in the car lol we kissed several times and held hands and couldn't say goodbye that easy. One kiss wasn't enough it had to be like 5 6 8! lol

all in all, we agreed to take it slow and see where it goes. like he said "live in the moment" although i'm sure from him it's a front cuz i really think he likes me. i saw him walk away and he was thinking.....walking with his thoughts. i know he won't forget tonight. lol
    but we both feel dating someone from work can be tricky but we can't deny our feelings so we're taking it slow. who knows, maybe in 5 days we'll get over this! :frown1:

oh and yeah...there are qualities in him that I normally wouldn't like in a guy but for some reason i find it adorable in him! i think i really like him like really like him! lol it isn't sexual it's more deep than that!

2. gsisaac

gsisaac New Member

I thought it was faux pas for a guy to talk about exes on a first date... Maybe the rule only applies when a guy is on a date with a girl?

3. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    A brief mention of past partners is acceptable. The no-no is showing you haven't got over or are still bitter about the last one.

That apart, sounds like a really great first first date! :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted