Last words???

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Over the years I've been in several of situations (let's call them near misses), and I know that if it ends that way, my last words will be "Oh, shit."

If I have time, an audience, and the inclination, my last words will be "42."

Thanks for all the fish

Ceg

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
I want something quick and painless - don't want to have the time to think of last words.

Boy - if any post is going to fuck up my karma, it's gonna be this one :tongue:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I want something quick and painless - don't want to have the time to think of last words.

Boy - if any post is going to fuck up my karma, it's gonna be this one :tongue:

I'm thinking i'll probably regret this, too. :biggrin1:

The Evil Genie would give me a quick and painless death, but not before "what do you mean? Of course I can do this" escapes my lips.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
I just wanted to let everyone know.... and this is serious.

I nearly died tonight on the road to school.

My roommate and I were driving on this road, and it was snowy... there was a transport truck going very slowly and people were passing him like crazy.. I began to pass as so many others had.. barely exceeding 50km/h.

Suddenly, my car began to ride the snow, and fishtail a bit, my rear end was aimed for the truck. I corrected, but the car was out of control. We were crossing a bridge. I managed to notice that we were about to ram the bridge edge and fall into the valley (40 feet down).

Somehow I corrected again, we did a 180 and ended up parked sideways across two lanes of road. My car stalled out in the middle, so I pushed it off to the side with the help of a friendly trucker. I managed to start it again, and after a moment of sitting, we drove off.

I have never had something like this happen and I can honestly say, ( though, I didn't tell my roommate, who stayed in the car the entire time) we were about 10 feet from crashing off the bridge.

And here is the kicker... My "last words" were:

Oh there is no way this can happen.

I am still shaking. Clearly, I arrived.. but, it was traumatic.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You know that I have this feeling about NEVER putting some negative things down in writing or speaking them aloud... because I fear that doing so is akin to 'tempting fate' and letting them enter the realm of possibility. Which is why I was a little uneasy about this thread. Not to mention that every person you've spoken to today warned you to be extra careful on your treacherous journey through the snow. Thankfully, the good karma points you had chalked up (in abundance) won out in the end. :smile: Because frankly, "there is no way this can happen" woulda been a shitty set of last words on your part.... not to mention factually inaccurate in the circumstances. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Jeff B and I have just spoken by phone, and he is shaken but still sexy, which is absolutely as much as we can hope for. :wink:

Please advise him against starting any more 'fate-tempting' threads, though, people. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to let everyone know.... and this is serious.

I nearly died tonight on the road to school.

My roommate and I were driving on this road, and it was snowy... there was a transport truck going very slowly and people were passing him like crazy.. I began to pass as so many others had.. barely exceeding 50km/h.

Suddenly, my car began to ride the snow, and fishtail a bit, my rear end was aimed for the truck. I corrected, but the car was out of control. We were crossing a bridge. I managed to notice that we were about to ram the bridge edge and fall into the valley (40 feet down).

Somehow I corrected again, we did a 180 and ended up parked sideways across two lanes of road. My car stalled out in the middle, so I pushed it off to the side with the help of a friendly trucker. I managed to start it again, and after a moment of sitting, we drove off.

I have never had something like this happen and I can honestly say, ( though, I didn't tell my roommate, who stayed in the car the entire time) we were about 10 feet from crashing off the bridge.

And here is the kicker... My "last words" were:

Oh there is no way this can happen.

I am still shaking. Clearly, I arrived.. but, it was traumatic.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Really jeff, this whole thread gives me the creeps. Happy you cheated death? I am happy, but that's what I wrote about karma. It happens...

Kudos on your driving skills - sound like you might have done some Chevette ice racing :biggrin1:

I still can't think of last words - but on the back of my drivers' license once, I filled in "personality" in the "organ(s) to be donated" space :tongue:

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Really jeff, this whole thread gives me the creeps. Happy you cheated death? I am happy, but that's what I wrote about karma. It happens...

Kudos on your driving skills - sound like you might have done some Chevette ice racing :biggrin1:

I still can't think of last words - but on the back of my drivers' license once, I filled in "personality" in the "organ(s) to be donated" space :tongue:

I am beginning to regret it, as well. It wasn't meant to be boastful or tempt death. I just had this really bad feeling about tonight... and posted my thoughts on it.