Last words???

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am beginning to regret it, as well. It wasn't meant to be boastful or tempt death. I just had this really bad feeling about tonight... and posted my thoughts on it.

Well, look at it this way, you're still alive! Best off you put the ordeal behind you (even though you might have trouble getting it out of your mind) and look forward to tomorrow.:tongue:

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I just wanted to let everyone know.... and this is serious.

I nearly died tonight on the road to school.

My roommate and I were driving on this road, and it was snowy... there was a transport truck going very slowly and people were passing him like crazy.. I began to pass as so many others had.. barely exceeding 50km/h.

Suddenly, my car began to ride the snow, and fishtail a bit, my rear end was aimed for the truck. I corrected, but the car was out of control. We were crossing a bridge. I managed to notice that we were about to ram the bridge edge and fall into the valley (40 feet down).

Somehow I corrected again, we did a 180 and ended up parked sideways across two lanes of road. My car stalled out in the middle, so I pushed it off to the side with the help of a friendly trucker. I managed to start it again, and after a moment of sitting, we drove off.

I have never had something like this happen and I can honestly say, ( though, I didn't tell my roommate, who stayed in the car the entire time) we were about 10 feet from crashing off the bridge.

And here is the kicker... My "last words" were:

Oh there is no way this can happen.

I am still shaking. Clearly, I arrived.. but, it was traumatic.

OMG!! Jeff, I'm so glad that it didn't happen! How scary, and what an incredibly terrifying experience it must have been for you. I'm glad that you are alright and hope that you are feeling less shaken now.:smile:

-Alex

Since I am such a momma's boy, I'm sure I'd call out for my mom in my last words. I'm the baby in my family and have always been spoiled and treated like a child. In fact, I've always replied (even now as a grown-up) "yes, mommy?" to my mom whenever she calls me "baaay-bee.":redface::biggrin1:

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
... My "last words" were: Oh there is no way this can happen...
Jeff, I'm glad you survived the mishap. However, the lesson you need to take away is to work on those last words: you never know when you'll need that final bon mot that can then be engraved on your tombstone.

Take care

Ceg

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
it was snowy... there was a transport truck going very slowly and people were passing him like crazy.. I began to pass as so many others had.. barely exceeding 50km/h.

I am still shaking. Clearly, I arrived.. but, it was traumatic.

I hope you will drive slowly as the truck did Jeff. Better to get there in one piece than to risk speed and overtaking on those slippery roads.

Be careful out there. :worried:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, Jeffy,

Reading what sparked this...

I had a chillingly similar situation on the 401, about 2-3 years or so ago, during that "worst Holiday storm, ever". Blinding snow, ice, deep in the night, a truck, and a near miss with a bridge, going about 20-25Km/hr, with visibility about 5-10 FEET (a times, couldn't see beyond the hood of my own car), following behind a trunk, and having a loss of control, and a toss up between hitting the concrete approach to the bridge, or going down a cliff to icy water.

Trying to regain control, I said, "No, no, no, I'm not even supposed to be here," before coming to a stop, just inches from doom. (Heading from Michigan to Brampton to see friends on a whim, in a rented car what wasn't supposed to leave the state, and definately not the country :rolleyes: )

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Well, Jeffy,

Reading what sparked this...

I had a chillingly similar situation on the 401, about 2-3 years or so ago, during that "worst Holiday storm, ever". Blinding snow, ice, deep in the night, a truck, and a near miss with a bridge, going about 20-25Km/hr, with visibility about 5-10 FEET (a times, couldn't see beyond the hood of my own car), following behind a trunk, and having a loss of control, and a toss up between hitting the concrete approach to the bridge, or going down a cliff to icy water.

Trying to regain control, I said, "No, no, no, I'm not even supposed to be here," before coming to a stop, just inches from doom. (Heading from Michigan to Brampton to see friends on a whim, in a rented car what wasn't supposed to leave the state, and definately not the country :rolleyes: )

I think I know just the bridge you are talking about..... Scary shit, man. Good to hear you made it as well.