Lastly, a question for everyone

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by AllHazzardi, Jul 17, 2008.

1. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    Homosexuals:
    What are some things you wish heterosexuals understood about homosexuality?
    -Such as.. (just some ideas, not guidelines or requisite material)
    Why you are homosexual
    How did you come to the decision that you are
    What sort of challenges you face
    Some reasons why you like the same sex
    Some reasons why you like the opposite sex(as friends, apperance-wise, or whatnot)

Heterosexuals:
    What are some things you wish homosexuals understood about heterosexuality?
    -Such as.. (these are difficulty to say without any accusative phrasing, due to the "default" nature of heterosexuality, please bear with me)
    Why some feel uneasy around homosexuals
    If you dislike homosexuals, why you dislike them
    If you are friendly to homosexuals, some reasons you like them, or reasons that brought you to acceptance
    Some reasons why you like the opposite sex
    Some reasons why you like the same sex(as friends, appearance-wise, or whatnot, eg: what makes a man manly)

If you choose to respond, please note your sexuality. I'm not including bisexuals in these for the obvious reason that they understand both sides of the fence, but you're welcome to leave your input.

2. erratic

Gold Member

I would like all heterosexuals to know what it's like to hold hands and walk down the street with someone of the same sex for, oh, say two solid hours. It takes a lot of balls.

Bonus points if they dress up like "stereotypical" homosexuals. That takes even more balls.

3. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am homosexual.

1. I did NOT choose to be homosexual anymore than you "chose" to be straight, you just were, same as myself.

2. Homosexuals deserve the same rights and protections that straight couples have.

3. It is hard enough to be homosexual without homophobic or homosexual hatred abundantly displayed. You don't have to hear words like faggot, queer, sissy, cocksucker, trust me, etc. etc. etc.

4. Things you take for granted we cannot. I'd love to hold my b/f's hand in public, or kiss him on on open beach like straight people can. If we do this, we have to worry about being beaten for being "see number 3".

5. Not all of us are "fairies" or "dainty" or "feminine" etc. Most of us you wouldn't notice or see.

6. We are just like you and have the same needs and wants as you do. The only difference between you and me is our natural inclination to sleep with our own sex, the same as your own natural inclination to sleep with the opposite sex.

I could go on and on and on.

Sometimes it's VERY HARD to be gay but I am old enough (I think?) to realize my natural and NORMAL urges are not going to change, people have to change.

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    hhmmmm.........I rarely think about what heterosexuals think about me....

5. ~quicksilver~

~quicksilver~ New Member

Just because I am a gay man and you are a another man doesn't mean that I automatically want to rip off your clothes and have sex with you...

I find it really hilarious how uncomfortable some straight men who I have previously been having a great laddy, blokish conversation with when the find out I am gay start shifting uncomfortably and getting nervous and then loudly say "Well, you won't get any luck here!" or something similar. :tongue:

Has it ever occured to you that I might not actually find you attractive whatsover? And that I can have a conversation with somebody just to be friendly and not because I want to suck their cock. It never fails to tickle me. My usual reply is "Don't worry mate, I am out of your league..." :biggrin1:

6. alex8.5

Gold Member

Albums:
    A lady I worked with thought that "we gays" pretty well went home after worked and fucked liked bunnies until it's time to go to work, and try to convert little boys into gays. She was quite surprised after we had worked together for about 15 months when I told her i was gay. She asked me all sorts of questions. I told her, "we gays" have mortgages, car payments, dental, medical, eye care insurance to cover, electric, gas bills to pay. Some even have child support payments to make and alimony. We have the same worries and concerns that 'straight folks' have. When I cut my self i bleed. The only difference is who I choose to share my life with, a person of the same sex.

She had based her opinions on what she saw on tv. Gay pride parades. men are always in jock or g strings or naked, and the women with their bare tits all over the place. So I understood where her views came from, because those parades really depict are lifestyle as overtly sexual and kinky.

Genrerally I don't care what straight's think of my lifestyle, but if I can educate in a positive way, then why not.

#6 alex8.5, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  7. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I prefer my men to be in a jock, g-string, or naked........:cool:

8. mickswim

mickswim New Member

Albums:
    don't really care what anyone thinks - i am me - guess that comes with maturity :)

9. D_Coyne Toss

D_Coyne Toss New Member

I am straight and married.

I get along better with women, I find more empathy. I like their soft skin, delicate moves, and the way many women have to seduce you with no words nor vulgarity. I love the way women can be strong as a montain and in the mean time frail as a kitten, the way they understand you just looking in your eyes. Their intemperance, changing moods and fears. The need to feel protected and yet to protect you. The ability they have to be successful in their work, lovely mothers, wonderful companions.

I am annoyed by women who act like bitches and shove their tits, ass and pussy in face of the first guy passing. And no, I do not discriminate, bitchy men are as annoying.

I have often not much to say to other men.

I am neutral towards homosexuals, I can't say I like them because there are some I really can't stand, just like some heterosexuals. I don't like the fraction of gays who acts feminine.

Some (a small minority, but they do exist!) gay guys don't understand that a straight guy is a straight guy, so no, he might not be up for a blow job. And, on my opinon at least, you remain straight even if you fuck a guy, just like you remain gay even if you fuck a girl. Sexual orientation is much more than fucking.

Last but not least I respect anybody who fights for his rights and fights discrimination and tentatives of annihilation.

Jews, Armenians, Arab Christians and yes, also homosexuals. No matter if they hate you, be yourself and fight! I reckon I have been lucky, nobody is discriminating me and so what I say is theory, but I truly believe in it.

10. MuscledHorse

MuscledHorse Well-Known Member

Albums:
    This is one of the big reasons I think the era of the gay pride parade has passed and needs to be put down. Everyone knows we're here and most are used to it by now. Frankly, the parades add nothing anymore and if anything are starting to become a negatibe.

As for my own gripe with str8s: This crap they feed you in Suday school that one guy is the man and the other is the woman in a relationship has got to go. That's like seeing a few overbearing wives with henpacked husbands and assuming that's how all str8 marriages really are. I'm a built masculine agressive guy--and a bottom--and I like other masculine agressive type guys. Femme guys annoy me; do not address me as "girlfriend!" I have 3 Madonna albums and several musicals inmy extensive library, but I do not live and breathe either of them. I don't care for Marylin Monroe or Judy Garland and hate drag shows (if i want to see a woman I can go to the jiggle joint down the street and see one with real tits and without the bad lip synching to annoying disco tunes and torch song ballads) and I don't live to go shopping for the latest fashions this season.

11. southernstud

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am a heterosexual.

I want gay people to understand that straight guys don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home but do not shove it down everyone's throat. I do not care if you are gay, but I do not need you to flaunt it, hit on me, or anything like that. It is okay to accept who you are, but do not make a spectacle out of it. Could you imagine if us straight guys held a parade to celebrate our love for pussy and how proud we are because of it? It does not happen.

Most straight guys are happy knowing that you are a guy, and not the fact you are gay.

The other thing I wish gay guys knew; it is not cool to come up to me and comment on my body after openly saying you are gay. It is one thing for a straight friend to say "Nice abs, man" compared to a gay guy going "Hmm, lookin' hot." Don't hit on me--its not cool.

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

hmmmm looking hot there. like that plumbed cock of urs. :wink:

13. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

K, my turn!

Hetero men: Please understand that if you say you're str8 then stand by it. Don't be throwing little mixed signals by saying something like "oh my girlfriend doesn't blow me and i'm hot for a good blowjob" then proceed to rub my back.

14. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ooooo i like this thread, some good stuff here.

i am gay and i love what you said marluc, i have seen that some many times, most of the time not even with full intentions just to see how things would develop if it was to happen, but it does happen.

i too wish that the certain amount of straight people that are so narrow minded and the men so narcissistic to think that just because you a gay guy that you instantly want them, that the only thing that qualifies them as "irresistible" is that they have a penis!

there is either not enough education/correct information about homosexuality out there or there is too much god damn stupidity!

15. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vastr8fit
    I am a heterosexual.

I want gay people to understand that straight guys don't care what you do in the privacy of your own home but do not shove it down everyone's throat. I do not care if you are gay, but I do not need you to flaunt it, hit on me, or anything like that. It is okay to accept who you are, but do not make a spectacle out of it. Could you imagine if us straight guys held a parade to celebrate our love for pussy and how proud we are because of it? It does not happen.

Most straight guys are happy knowing that you are a guy, and not the fact you are gay.

The other thing I wish gay guys knew; it is not cool to come up to me and comment on my body after openly saying you are gay. It is one thing for a straight friend to say "Nice abs, man" compared to a gay guy going "Hmm, lookin' hot." Don't hit on me--its not cool.

i didn't notice this post until my second time on this thread but i have something to say to you vastr8fit. i dont think you realise that when gay guys "shove it down your throat" it is a defense mechanism that some guys have in place to basically tell you "yeah im gay, im happy being me, what you gonna do about it" because there is so much persecution on you if you are gay. this is the thing that straight people dont seem to understand, is the near constant battle gay people have to have every where they go just for being who they are, and its not your fault why would you know what its like, you dont have to go through it, after all you are the 'normal' ones.

i dont want to sound whiney etc. here but straight people really dont understand how hard it really is to be gay, even in these modern times. you dont have to tell yourfriends and family that your straight, you dont have to run the risk of them haing you, treating you differently etc. just for being who you are. And really simple things that straight people take for granted are near impossible for gay people, things like; holding hands with your partner in public, kissing, PDA's, meeting someone, dating etc.

And you comment about the pride events just takes the cake! "Could you imagine if us straight guys held a parade to celebrate our love for pussy and how proud we are because of it? It does not happen." gay pride events are held to stop homophobia and to tell people that its ok to be proud of who you, even though you are made to think that its something to be ashamed of. gay pride events happen because they need to happen! straight pride events do not need to happen because you accept who you are and are proud of that fact because no one is telling you other wise.

P.S. sorry about the long post but as you can tell its a subject i feel strongly about.

16. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    oh yeah and i forgot about the end of your comment, that you wish gay guys knew that you dont like it when we tell you we are gay then in the same breath hit on you. the type of people you are talking about may be gay but they are from a much larger group of people: complete and utter dicks! there are tons of straight guys out there that will see any random girl they think is hot and feel compelled to wolf whistle or tell her what bits he likes (nice rack!) etc. it only stands to reason that there would be gay guys out there who have the same mentality.

17. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

AMEN BROTHA! :cool:

18. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    The term 'homosexual' mainly has associations from the period in which we were considered to be psychopathic, it is not much better than the previous term, sodomite.

To the 'straight' guys who whine about being hit on by gay guys, 'if I had a nickel for every time I have been hit on by a guy who claims to be 100% straight'. Many of you want to enjoy your straight privileges in public, but privately be serviced by a guy.

To the 'butch' gay guy ashamed by more flamboyant gays and pride parades, you should be thanking those who probably exhibit more courage and pride than you, and have done more work.
    I am on the local Prideweek organizing committee, it is a lot of work and expense. It is done for your benefit as well, even if you don't appreciate it.

19. Beanie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Bravo!

20. Stephenmass

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know you didn't direct that comment at me, but I had to write my own view here also because I more or less agree with the person about what the pride parade is to people outside our community.

Kalipygian,

I do attend the pride parade every year it is in Boston. I go because as a GAY MAN I can appreciate the different strokes for different folks messages that the parade shows in clear view. I personally always have a great time. I do understand it's a lot of work and so forth, BUT......(you knew that was coming right?)...

I am well it says 99% in my profile here, may as well be 100% gay. I may see a float go by of the leather bar in Boston here, on the float are guys in leather; many with tight bods yes (some not but I don't really care) and some not. I see the float "as a gay man" and appreciate the "diffferent strokes for different folks".

But then I try to picture myself as a 100% straight man viewing that same float. I think my maybe already biased opinion of gays perhaps got that much stronger, simply by seeing that float, kind of a "damn, look at that!!", etc. What do you think HE thinks of gays?? Does this float "represent" the gay community or simply those that may be into leather. In his mind it's the entire gay community.

This year's parade had a LOT, and I do mean a LOT of drag queens, etc. I'd say a good 25% of the parade were the drag queens. Again, as a gay man, I personally don't care and don't have a hard time saying to any of them damn u look good, etc.

But what does a straight man think?

In Boston as I'm sure elsewhere also the entire week is planned activities etc., pretty much ended (not really but it's pretty near the end anyway) by the gay pride parade.

I am NOT a BUTCH (I find that term offensive within my own community to be honest) gay man, nor am I a feminine type at all. MYSELF personally, I consider myself for the most part to be definitely open minded, etc.

But at least half of that parade to me, doesn't show I don't think what being gay is all about, or sending a positive message about the community that yes I am a part of admittedly.

You really have to put yourself "outside the bottle" and try to think in straight terms (never been a a gay bar, maybe doesn't understand homosexuality, or has heard all the stereotypical bullshit that builds hatred instead of acceptance kinda crap, someone who cannot understand at all the m2m attraction, is horrified by it.

Be honest, as I am with you (and I am gay as I said), what does the parade at this point in time show a straight guy what the gay community is all about? To me, it simply affirms a LOT of the stereotype "bullshit" that is already out there and does not help our "acceptance" cause any longer. It strengthens moreso I think his "warped picture" of our community, a community that yes I am proud to be a member of, but at the same time can see how someone else that isn't gay at all may view that same parade.

I think at this point it hurts us.

For the record, I do appreciate all your hard work, etc., as I always have a great time at these events, etc. I honestly do. Try hard to step back from all of it, and think "outside the gay box" and put yourself into that role and tell me what you see in that role.

#20 Stephenmass, Jul 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
Draft saved Draft deleted