Latent epidemic: Insanity?

Javierdude22: Hey there all

So, i was kinda doing nothing today, boring my butt off. And then of course, i start skimming the threads hoping that theres something interesting to respond to.

But alas...not much...

And you know what happens then....every now and then you think. Is there something new/old we should talk about that we missed? Is there some interesting topic to touch on?

And so i came upon this, a lurking feeling i've had about some of the things posted here. Don't get me wrong, i think this is the best site i've come across in all my -spending-way-too-much-time-on-the-internet years, but still, i'd like you guys's opinion.

I think that sometimes we tend to push things a bit, with preferences, new ideas, wishes, and hobby's. I know i'm a pretty traditional guy, and i admit, in a lotta respects also a bit private about myself, but even without that, aren't some things a bit out there?

For example some of the threads going on: Finding deep women(...meaning, actually fínding/locating them), sex in your peehole (plz tell me i'm not the only one with this :-/), self fucking/sucking, making your balls bigger. (this one seems harmless but seriously, making your balls artificially bigger is not healthy people!!...).

Just a few examples. I'm not at all being personal with anyone on this by the way, i don't care what anyone does privately, but i do question this all on a sociological (yawn) level.

So are we as a society just bored? Or do we get tired easily with new stuff and new experiences? The Dark Ages upside down, instead of standing still we run like the wind. I dunno...

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I wouldn't want to try to be too profound about this ...

But I do agree that in the end we run out of new things to say about the ups and downs (ins and outs? ;)) of large penis ownership.

The important, sensible and practical issues will always need discussing though, if only because there are always new people joining who need to raise them.

throb919: You are such a provocateur, Javier! And I mean that as a compliment, as in thought-provoking. Things get a little too quiet and you want to rattle our cages...!

I don't think you can dismiss the "Look-At-Me" factor. Maybe boredom is the underlying cause (given the board, I forced myself not to say "root cause.") Whether it's reality shows or Jerry Springer or webcams or blogs or some of the threads here at LPSG, we want to show-and-tell all our business nowadays. I was about to type "at least here in the States" but remembered your own country's contribution of "Big Brother" (dank u wel, Nederland). Isn't this just the continuation (or fulfillment) of Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame prediction? Except now it's 15 seconds, 15MB, 15 words, 15 lines, 15 inches...

That's my 15 cents worth, anyway.

Tony

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
"Finding deep women"

A big issue, though I wouldn't be as slutty promiscuous as some of the men on this forum.

"sex in your peehole"

I'd assume it requires a big peehole and a small clit. I'd never thought of it, but Sammy's one of the more sane users I've seen on the Net.

"self fucking/sucking"

I can see sucking (and have done it), but self-FUCKING?

"making your balls bigger"

Seems an LPSG obsession: Bigger.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=throb919 link=board=meetgreet;num=1061227419;start=0#2 date=08/18/03 at 11:02:32]You are such a provocateur, Javier! And I mean that as a compliment, as in thought-provoking. Things get a little too quiet and you want to rattle our cages...!

I don't think you can dismiss the "Look-At-Me" factor. Maybe boredom is the underlying cause (given the board, I forced myself not to say "root cause.") Whether it's reality shows or Jerry Springer or webcams or blogs or some of the threads here at LPSG, we want to show-and-tell all our business nowadays. I was about to type "at least here in the States" but remembered your own country's contribution of "Big Brother" (dank u wel, Nederland). Isn't this just the continuation (or fulfillment) of Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame prediction? Except now it's 15 seconds, 15MB, 15 words, 15 lines, 15 inches...

That's my 15 cents worth, anyway.[/quote]
Interesting about those: Reality shows, aren't. I especially hate Survivor; the immunity challenges are stereotypical, and the idea of competition (rather than cooperation) among survivors of a foowreck would mean you have no chance to survive make your time.

Jerry Springer started out as a respectable show, actually. But the ratings sagged, so they decided to star lesbian strippers, twin incest stories, bisexual love triangles, Nazis, paternal pimps, nudists who really shouldn't be, and gender-bending "secrets".

Webcams...are a Jerry Springer device! But at least with a webcam you know that "h0t 17/f cheerleader" really is, unlike instant messaging.

Blogs vary. Many of the ones I've seen include a new link with every entry.

LPSG threads are just crazy. On usenet, these kinds of threads are started, ironically, by X-No-Archivers named "Anonymous".

I guess it's the same reason many a spammer has started. (Spammers generally go bankrupt.) They just want to tell you everything.

H8Monga: Two words: slugs mating!

To me, American culture is always looking for the next new thing and most times it's not really new. It's sad that things such as music grows old very fast. Songs that were out five months ago are considered old and people seem to be turned off by the sounds they once liked or have no respect for what proceeded them.

I don't know what else to say.