Later circumcision anyone.....?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Stefman@Jan 10 2005, 05:25 PM
"I think i have scar tissue at the top of my foreskin.

...sex is occasionally painful for me as the foreskin does not come down over the head of my penis very easily and makes sex painful and awqward at first.
i know that getting circumsised would solve this, but i dont want to get circumsised...

... i cant keep going on with sex being painful, is there anything that i could do apart from circumsicion that would get rid of this scar tissue, or is it possible to get part circumsised so i can just get rid of the scar tissue?"

Stefman, check with a urologist about the various options for circumcision.
There's more than one way to correct foreskin situations which cause discomfort.

For example, a procedure called a "dorsal slit" is but only one option which is simply cutting the foreskin just enough so as to allow it to slip backwards (from over the glans) more easily. Whether this would work for you I couldn't say. But a urologist could. He can also answer the matter about the scar tissue factor you mention.

What I'd like to stress to you (and other men) is that circumcision need not leave you with NO foreskin at all. There are various techniques which will SAVE some of the foreskin and if saving it is important to you, that should be respected. Don't let an MD (ANY MD !) tell you otherwise either! If one urologist recommends a total removal of foreskin (against your wishes) then get another opinion. And, seek yet another (if necessary) until you do find a urologist who WILL listen to you.

Yes, it IS that important a matter because after all... it is YOUR penis.

Rarely does a man need all of his foreskin removed.

Stefman:
Originally posted by benderten2001+Jan 11 2005, 06:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(benderten2001 &#064; Jan 11 2005, 06:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Stefman@Jan 10 2005, 05:25 PM
"I think i have scar tissue at the top of my foreskin.

...sex is occasionally painful for me as the foreskin does not come down over the head of my penis very easily and makes sex painful and awqward at first.
i know that getting circumsised would solve this, but i dont want to get circumsised...

... i cant keep going on with sex being painful, is there anything that i could do apart from circumsicion that would get rid of this scar tissue, or is it possible to get part circumsised so i can just get rid of the scar tissue?"

Stefman, check with a urologist about the various options for circumcision.
There&#39;s more than one way to correct foreskin situations which cause discomfort.

For example, a procedure called a "dorsal slit" is but only one option which is simply cutting the foreskin just enough so as to allow it to slip backwards (from over the glans) more easily. Whether this would work for you I couldn&#39;t say. But a urologist could. He can also answer the matter about the scar tissue factor you mention.

What I&#39;d like to stress to you (and other men) is that circumcision need not leave you with NO foreskin at all. There are various techniques which will SAVE some of the foreskin and if saving it is important to you, that should be respected. Don&#39;t let an MD (ANY MD &#33;) tell you otherwise either&#33; If one urologist recommends a total removal of foreskin (against your wishes) then get another opinion. And, seek yet another (if necessary) until you do find a urologist who WILL listen to you.

Yes, it IS that important a matter because after all... it is YOUR penis.

Rarely does a man need all of his foreskin removed.
[post=273852]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

thanks alot,
i am in the uk would i just call the hospital and arrange an appointment or something?
thanks for the help i really appreciate it

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Stefman@Jan 13 2005, 01:51 AM
"...thanks alot,
i am in the uk would i just call the hospital and arrange an appointment or something?
thanks for the help i really appreciate it"

Stefman...it&#39;s my pleasure to offer helpful advice. I&#39;m grateful for all the help many of the LPSG members have provided ME through the years&#33; Advice and encouragement, --well it&#39;s what seem we seem to do best here&#33; ;)

I&#39;m in the U.S. where COST of health care is the issue. I&#39;m not sure how things are in the U.K. necessarily, but here--quite often an appointment to a urologist is made by referral from a regular M.D. before health insurance would even (consider) paying for it and then there would be the argument if (circumcision) is a life-threatening matter worthy of insurance covering it&#33; (It&#39;s about that bad here in the states&#33; And, this discourages many Americans here from even trying to take care of their health until there is a crisis.)--But...THAT is another matter entirely&#33; :angry:

There in the U.K.--whether you must see a general practitioner first, or you can indeed schedule an appointment with a urologist outright all on your own, I encourage you to be very honest and direct right away in telling the doctor EXACTLY what you want. Tell the MD up front and most directly that you do NOT want a total circumcision; only what would be necessary to correct your discomfort. From there, listen to what you&#39;re told and decide if that doctor will cooperate with your wishes. INSIST on keeping as much foreskin as you can&#33;

Being "cut" as in infant myself, I have always regretted it. Somehow I truly believe sensitivity is lost for a man with that procedure and I mean I had NO foreskin left&#33; You&#39;re very wise to think this through&#33; Foreskin has a functionary purpose. Only in the most severe cases of hygeine problems, infection, or an imposing circulation matter for the glans (head of the penis) where it&#39;s "strangled" of normal blood flow from too-tight a foreskin---THOSE would be the criteria for considering total circumcision. Parents of infants or men with foreskin problems are seldom counseled (unfortunately) about their options for circumcision and it&#39;s unfortunate. Afterall, surgery results will last a lifetime. If a man desires his foreskin left intact and he can live with it healthfully, then he should be allowed to KEEP IT&#33; Even FIGHT for it if he must. (Too bad infant boys can&#39;t defend themselves, isn&#39;t it?)

The scar tissue you mentioned earlier I can&#39;t really address. I sincerely believe though that there is a very simple procedure available somehow allowing you to be more comfortable during sex. Perhaps that procedure would take care of the scar tissue factor as well or... at least diminish its impact.

Working in the healthcare field myself (administatively) I also believe this (lite) surgical procedure we&#39;re considering here can be done on an out-patient basis and it can be over with in a minimum of time (with maybe only a two week TOTAL healing period overall.) Best wishes.

smoothbttm4bear

Experimental Member
Media
My BF had to be circumsized at 40, he couldn&#39;t get the foreskin to slip back over the head of his penis and it caused major discomfort when he got an erection. This was related to some complications he was having with his diabetes.

The stitches were very uncomfortable and he was icing his groin for weeks to keep the swelling down and to prevent stretched scars. There is always a major concern about scar tissue, it can be just a debilitating as the orginal problem. We were very carefull with his recovery proccess. He is fully functional now and has no problems with his sexual performance, but his cock is super sensetive now that the head is exposed. Oral sex is pure torture for him. (now he know how I feel - very sensetive head here......)

The best part is we&#39;ve had to experiment to find out what works. We went into that process with great vigor and I have to say having a good attidude reinforced our realtionshop and certainly added even more zest to our sex lives. (the other plus side: he&#39;s got a really big dick, but he was still swollen when he could have sex again - wow&#33;.....lol)

It was an awful process for him and I wouldn&#39;t wish it on anyone, but if you do everything you can with a good positive attitude then lifes lemons can turn out to be very sweet .

So call me a little pollyana,

Otterbabi ^_^

dadboned39:
Originally posted by smoothbttm4bear@Jan 13 2005, 03:12 PM
My BF had to be circumsized at 40, he couldn&#39;t get the foreskin to slip back over the head of his penis and it caused major discomfort when he got an erection. This was related to some complications he was having with his diabetes.

The stitches were very uncomfortable and he was icing his groin for weeks to keep the swelling down and to prevent stretched scars. There is always a major concern about scar tissue, it can be just a debilitating as the orginal problem. We were very carefull with his recovery proccess. He is fully functional now and has no problems with his sexual performance, but his cock is super sensetive now that the head is exposed. Oral sex is pure torture for him. (now he know how I feel - very sensetive head here......)

The best part is we&#39;ve had to experiment to find out what works. We went into that process with great vigor and I have to say having a good attidude reinforced our realtionshop and certainly added even more zest to our sex lives. (the other plus side: he&#39;s got a really big dick, but he was still swollen when he could have sex again - wow&#33;.....lol)

It was an awful process for him and I wouldn&#39;t wish it on anyone, but if you do everything you can with a good positive attitude then lifes lemons can turn out to be very sweet .

So call me a little pollyana,

Otterbabi ^_^
[post=274486]Quoted post[/post]​

dadboned39: I had my circumcision when 36 because of lingering infections from industerial infection from the oil mist, I must say afterwards no more problems, yes head was senstive for a few weeks being uncovered and rubbing on briefs, Just had to learn different method of self masturbation, but boys circed at birth have no problem learning how either. Love the new cleaner look
Don

KTownBlondy: i noticed sum ppl wondering what girls think of it....

i dont think it makes a difference in sex, a dick is a dick, skin dont matter for me. i think uncut ones are a lot better for giving oral sex to though, and just playing with in general. good think about cut ones though, is since there less skin they feel harder sumtimes which is good

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, there are also different "styles" as it were; some doctors remove only the tip, others leave various amounts of glans covered, some actually cut off what will during puberty become shaft skin, leaving skin from the mons pubis and scrotum to pick up the slack. The last type makes intercourse painful, but it seems to be popular among fetishists.