Latex allergy?

D_Betty Beanbags

1st Like
Media
Once again, after using one of my cyberskin toys the other day :wink:, I am realizing that I am definitely sensitive or allergic to latex. Cyberskin is latex, non? :confused:

It is like a bee sting owie down there. :frown1:

Does anyone have this problem? Are there very large silicone toys to be bought? And good heavens, what kind of condoms can be used if I hook up with a guy?

Ideas and links or just sharing your story would be appreciated. TIA!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cyberskin is an elastomer (sp) i wanna say silicone and polyvinyl chloride. there are a few companies making cyberskin toys now so the exact mix might have a few other ingredients.

if what you're experiencing is an allergic reaction, you might be sensitive to the lube. or is you're using a silicone based lube the toy could break down, i would think bits of toy left behind wouldn't be pleasant. if your not using lube ya might just be rubbing yourself raw.

are you using condoms with your toys? how do you clean/store your toys between fun times?

ml

greatdickismydrug

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, I have this problem with cyberskin too. Silicone is supposed to be better but I still have a problem. Using a condom helps although I have mild reaction to condoms as well. Trojans are the worst for this! Ugh

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Latex is not used in sex toys.

Some are silicone... but the vast majority are vinyl mixed with vegetable or other oils.

You might be having a reaction to the vinyl, or to the oils used.

Also- some toys are made of neoprene (cock rings and suck )
LOTS of people have allergic skin reactions to neoprene.

gotAbigMAN

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't kno about toys but I can't do latex condoms. I've opted for lamb skin. No allergic reaction to its lube or material

gotAbigMAN

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I kno that it doesn't protect against std's but I only use it when I'm in a monogamous relationship. I only use latex when when I'm wit someone that I'm not in a relationship wit and really want sex bad. But getting bv and raw is not what I want each time my man and I have sex

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I kno that it doesn't protect against std's but I only use it when I'm in a monogamous relationship. I only use latex when when I'm wit someone that I'm not in a relationship wit and really want sex bad. But getting bv and raw is not what I want each time my man and I have sex

:redface: sorry about the conclusion jumping nag. i guess if you know about lamb skin condoms *not all that common or popular these days* you probably know the pro and the cons too.

ml

gotAbigMAN

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i def kno about the pros :wink but i mean hey u take a risk by jus havin sex period. although theres a lotta trust n maturity invested in what we got.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I can't handle the powder on some latex condoms.... causes itchiness..

That powder is talc- however- it picks up trace proteins from the surface of the latex and that is probably what you are reacting to.

Be happy- there are people so allergic that putting on a latex condom could kill them.

There are such things as protein stripped latex products- usually referred to as surgical grade latex.