Latinos en el Mundo!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by JustHangin', May 23, 2009.

1. JustHangin'

JustHangin' New Member

Albums:
    Just wanted to ask the latinos in LPSG that are spread out all over the world, if you perceive things differently from your homecountry or if people have made remarks about how different you are from others cus u r latinos....

Kinda weird question but im in a weird mood today hahaha

2. Daxe

Daxe Member

Why would my perception be any different than my home country because I am Latino? If it is because some Latinos don't even try to be part of a country they were so desperat to come to. I see it every time I go down a street and see the Mexican flag plasterd everywere with no American flag in sight. Yes I know that Latinos came here and have to do jobs most don't want to but so did the Chinese,Irish,and German. So If we have to precieve things differently because we r latinos it should be the flag of Spain because that is where it all started

3. shybutwhy

shybutwhy Member

were hot blooded people......

shoot first ask questions later....

and i dont know if its universal, but we're extremely passionate people which is why the ladies should PM me nude pics with phone numbers attached!

4. cofrader

cofrader Member

Albums:
    There is no "lantinos", just people who speak spanish and even portuguese (brazil) who don't have much in comon.
    On some countrys there are mostly black people, on others are people of the original habitants of america(continent) on others there are a lot of mixes with european people.

Believe me i can go and seat on an Mexican restorant and find their culture as exotic as you.

I am half german, 1/4 spanish, 1/4 native american. So im a little too brainly but kind with people.

But if you met someone with itialian roots you will make a cool friend or a temperamental person to argue with.

I really like brazilian people they are very open and friendly. I think they take the problems on the right measure, avoiding the stress.

5. SR_Manny Manparts

SR_Manny Manparts New Member

I'm not perceived differenty for being a latino, hispanic. I'm not sure how to answer your question brother.

6. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    Your comment is very interesting to me. I've been to Mexico and many parts of latin america. Very few of these countries make me think of Spaniards. Just like there is little in the U.S that makes me think of Britain. Why do so many latinos seem to deny their predominant indigenous ancestry? I find the Mayan and Incas cultures fascinating. And the people are as beautiful to me as the people are in Spain.

7. cofrader

cofrader Member

Albums:
    People deny their ancestry because the colonization was a masacre that killed and enslaved indegenous but they didnt follow orders so they brougt the black people to make the hard work.
    All the land and resources are on the hands of the colonizators ancesters.

So, been an indigenous is as good as been a poor person.

Take the example of bolivia, "Evo Morales" is the first president with indigenous ancesters of that country. With a population that is allmost pure indigenous (exept from some states).

8. controlppt

controlppt New Member

Cofrader is right, a lot of self-hating minorities hate themselves due to colonization and the destruction of the indigenous individual's culture to be perceived not equal as those of the colonizers. Also, a lot of it has to do due to the dominat White Heterosexual ideology that dominates society.

9. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    I agree with you both, cofrader and controlppt. My close up experience with the so-called mestizos and even mulatos tells me that most of these people would want to die before being considered indigenous or black. I've had numerous conversations over mate with short, dark-skinned bolivians, peruvians, columbians, mexicans and even puerto ricans. Clearly that dark skin is not a product of Spain or Europeans. BUT, they insist that they are Spanish. It kills me that they hate such a large part of themselves.

10. rheno

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    They have said I got THE FLU! That counts?

Draft saved Draft deleted