Latinos For Trump

Pnaya

Superior Member
Media
@BuddyX Latinos aren't a race. They're people from Latin America.

Plenty of Latin Americans are racially white (or mostly white) and even many of the multiracial ones (who care clearly NOT white) white-identified. Where do you think Spanish and Portuguese came from? European invaders colonized all of the Americas. The average Latin American is mixed race (because unlike in the US and Canada, natives and blacks outnumbered them), but many are still fully white because of their social hierarchy.

White Cubans from Florida are not likely to care about indigenous/native types from Mexico or black people from the Dominican Republic. Why would they identify with Native Latin Americans or blacks? Because they all speak Spanish? Does the average white American care about about the life of an black American because they both speak English?

Lauren from Fifth Harmony with her white Cuban family from Miami:

2b763fc148d5378bc919050febd8355b.jpg

original.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

U2RM3d0tPgk.jpg

Reactions: XAngel97

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Biden had 90% support of black women vs Trump's 9% support: from the WP exit polls:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elec.../exit-polls/presidential-election-exit-polls/

^^That 9% obtained by Trump was larger than his 2016 result with that demographic by a mere 8% - meaning both Hillary and Biden were overwhelmingly supported by this group.

Hence Trump's support DID NOT double for Black Women in 2020 by comparison with 2016.

Last edited:

Pnaya

Superior Member
Media
Biden had 90% support of black women vs Trump's 9% support: from the WP exit polls:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elec.../exit-polls/presidential-election-exit-polls/

That 9% obtained by Trump was larger than his 2016 result with that demographic by a mere 8% - meaning both Hillary and Biden were overwhelmingly supported by this group.

Biden had majority support from every ethnicity (even if divided by gender) except for whites.

Biden also had the overwhelmingly majority of college educated voters except for white males.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Black men supporting biden was higher than latinas, so im not sure why you wouldnt mention that? Black men are the second highest biden supporters, 18% means nothing to 82%. Why does a minority of black men distinguish the majority and yes black women support doubled.

Biden was a sponsor of the crime bill and has several negative things to say about black men.

Well, it so happened that 1994 crime bill Trump's shills like to invoke, happened to be also supported by many black leaders at the time. In hindsight, most have come to realize that it caused more harm than good.

Look, you seem to be trying to split hairs here by bringing up all kinds of things that don't change the basic argument.

And all I'm trying to do is understand (like many OTHERS who've written of it in numerous articles, some cited herein) WHY people (of any gender or ethnicity for that matter) vote in support of someone whose rhetoric and policy making has been harmful, either directly or indirectly, to the WHOLE.

As such, I think my speculation (and I did warn in advance that it was JUST that) was a whole lot kinder than say, Natalie Morales, who said certain segments of the community were just BRAINWASHED. I would think trying to understand the causes and logic behind it would be PREFERABLE than just blowing it off as "brainwashing."

Case in point, many on the left (and herein) have expressed numerous concerns about Trump's attempts to disenfranchise Dreamers, and his horrific "zero tolerance" immigration policies of family separation, misplaced parents, and caged children, about which someone earlier said "they don't even care."

To which I PERSONALLY have to wonder, What kind of message does that send to those of us who DO?

Last edited:
Reactions: dreamer20

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media

^^That 9% obtained by Trump was larger than his 2016 result with that demographic by a mere 8% - meaning both Hillary and Biden were overwhelmingly supported by this group.

Hence Trump's support DID NOT double for Black Women in 2020 by comparison with 2016.
Except it did in 2016 he had 4% of black wm he now has 8%

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media
Well, it so happened that 1994 crime bill Trump's shills like to invoke, happened to be also supported by many black leaders at the time. In hindsight, most have come to realize that it caused more harm than good.

Look, you seem to be trying to split hairs here by bringing up all kinds of things that don't change the basic argument.

And all I'm trying to do is understand (like many OTHERS who've written of it in numerous articles, some cited herein) WHY people (of any gender or ethnicity for that matter) vote in support of someone whose rhetoric and policy making has been harmful, either directly or indirectly, to the WHOLE.

As such, I think my speculation (and I did warn in advance that it was JUST that) was a whole lot kinder than say, Natalie Morales, who said certain segments of the community were just BRAINWASHED. I would think trying to understand the causes and logic behind it would be PREFERABLE than just blowing it off as "brainwashing."

Case in point, many on the left (and herein) have expressed numerous concerns about Trump's attempts to disenfranchise Dreamers, and his horrific "zero tolerance" immigration policies of family separation, misplaced parents, and caged children, about which someone earlier said "they don't even care."

To which I PERSONALLY have to wonder, What kind of message does that send to those of us who DO?

Nope, many black leaders admitted to being pressured by the into supporting.

As someone mentioned earlier not ever latino man is an illegal or cares about illegals.

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media
Biden had majority support from every ethnicity (even if divided by gender) except for whites.

Biden also had the overwhelmingly majority of college educated voters except for white males.
Trump went up with support regardless of gender with every demographic, except white men.

Reactions: Pnaya

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Reactions: dreamer20

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media
1. That's bullshit: Analysis: Black Leaders Supported Clinton's Crime Bill

2. And someone asked that someone if he thinks his legal status would prevent hateful TRUMP inspired bigots from seeing/TREATING him the same, REGARDLESS.
2. Most cubans pass as white some I'm not sure what your talking about. You act as if each latino looks like a person of color. As someone mentioned before many look like white people and can easily pass.

1.Black Caucus yields on crime bill
Opinion | Did Blacks Really Endorse the 1994 Crime Bill? (Published 2016)

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media
1. That's bullshit: Analysis: Black Leaders Supported Clinton's Crime Bill

2. And someone asked that someone if he thinks his legal status would prevent hateful TRUMP inspired bigots from seeing/TREATING him the same, REGARDLESS.
A quote from my previous article.

Yet the historical record reveals a different story. Instead of being the unintended consequence of the democratic process at work, punitive crime policy is a result of a process of selectively hearing black voices on the question of crime.

There’s no question that by the early 1990s, blacks wanted an immediate response to the crime, violence and drug markets in their communities. But even at the time, many were asking for something different from the crime bill. Calls for tough sentencing and police protection were paired with calls for full employment, quality education and drug treatment, and criticism of police brutality.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
2. Most cubans pass as white some I'm not sure what your talking about. You act as if each latino looks like a person of color. As someone mentioned before many look like white people and can easily pass.

Oh. Okay. So if you can "pass for white," no problem, f(orget) the rest. gotcha.

A quote from my previous article.

Yet the historical record reveals a different story. Instead of being the unintended consequence of the democratic process at work, punitive crime policy is a result of a process of selectively hearing black voices on the question of crime.

There’s no question that by the early 1990s, blacks wanted an immediate response to the crime, violence and drug markets in their communities. But even at the time, many were asking for something different from the crime bill. Calls for tough sentencing and police protection were paired with calls for full employment, quality education and drug treatment, and criticism of police brutality.

Doesn't change the fact that many Black leaders supported it. Your own article above confirms that. But I sure find it funny how you can dredge up a 26 year old crime bill that had unintended consequences in an effort to put that all on Biden while dismissing all the s--------- Trump has done and said.

Police brutality you say? The Obama/Biden administration and their AG reached about a dozen Consent Decrees with police departments found to be engaged in civil rights violations. YOUR boy Trump and his henchmen didn't come up with ONE. Nada.

Trump's scrapping of Obama-era reforms hinders police reform | US policing | The Guardian

Last edited:

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media
Oh. Okay. So if you can "pass for white," no problem, f(orget) the rest. gotcha.

Doesn't change the fact that many Black leaders supported it. Your own article above confirms that. But I sure find it funny how you can dredge up a 26 year old crime bill that had unintended consequences in an effort to put that all on Biden while dismissing all the s--------- Trump has done and said.

Police brutality you say? The Obama/Biden administration and their AG reached about a dozen Consent Decrees with police departments found to be engaged in civil rights violations. YOUR boy Trump and his henchmen didn't come up with ONE. Nada.

Trump's scrapping of Obama-era reforms hinders police reform | US policing | The Guardian
Where did i dismiss trump? Both are equal to me.

Obama was president when travyon martin, tamir rice, eric garner, and more occured. What exactly changed or hope did obama bring? His reform didn't stop police from killing black people.

Also my articles also assert the cbc was forced to accept what was given due to political pressure even though they wanted funds for drug prevention, job creation, and educational opportunities. They wouldn't listen and only funded prisons, militarization of police force. How is this true support when 12 dissented and the rest were forced to agree or else nothing was going to be done?

Trump isn't my boy, I'd voted for biden even though i don't like him.

Yes for the white passing latinos they think like this why is this sentiment off, you act as if people care about others that don't have to do with them.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Where did i dismiss trump? Both are equal to me.

Obama was president when travyon martin, tamir rice, eric garner, and more occured. What exactly changed or hope did obama bring? His reform didn't stop police from killing black people.

Also my articles also assert the cbc was forced to accept what was given due to political pressure even though they wanted funds for drug prevention, job creation, and educational opportunities. They wouldn't listen and only funded prisons, militarization of police force. How is this true support when 12 dissented and the rest were forced to agree or else nothing was going to be done?

Trump isn't my boy, I'd voted for biden even though i don't like him.

Yes for the white passing latinos they think like this why is this sentiment off, you act as if people care about others that don't have to do with them.

Look, I really have nothing more to say to you on the subject. I only responded in the first place because YOU originally misrepresented MY words. For a person who says Trump isn't your boy, you sure seem to spend a lot of time trying to make Biden out to be something worse.

The fact is the crime bill you're still trying to throw up as some false equivalency in order to indict Biden, while dismissing Trump's hateful policy making and rhetoric, was supported by black community leaders.

And yes questionable killings of Black people by law enforcement existed under Obama. Who's to say how many MORE would've occurred without the consent decrees? At least they TRIED to address it.

They didn't tell cops don't be so gentle when arresting people. They didn't suggest victims of questionable police action DESERVED what they got. They didn't make heroes of assassins, or of neo-Nazis, or incited anarchists and supremacists to stand back and stand by, or pulled any of the hundreds of other atrocities Donald Trump has.

So it's become quite apparent to me I'm wasting my time responding to you.

As for people CARING about others that don't have to do with them, so happens there are plenty of people like that, including myself, who've written and expressed concerns about women's rights, the rights of people to earn a liveable wage, Dreamers and immigrants seeking asylum, gay rights, transgender rights, healthcare for pre-existing conditions, and a WHOLE BUNCH of other issues that MAY not necessarily pertain to any one of us PERSONALLY.

If YOU don't, fine. Go have a nice life, bud. I'm done with ya.

Last edited:

Pnaya

Superior Member
Media

They don't just "pass" as white. Many Cubans (and other Latin Americans) are racially white. I'm not sure about most Cubans though. There are plenty of black Cubans and multiracial Cubans.

At any rate, I don't understand why people are shocked or upset that whites who can speak a language other than English would vote similarly to other "mainstream" white Americans.

Reactions: XAngel97

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Except it did in 2016 he had 4% of black wm he now has 8%

^^None of what you are stating alters the fact that Trump lost bigly to Biden in the black voter demographic for both sexes. In the Trump vs Biden contest, black male voter demographic, Trump only got 19% of that vote compared with Biden's 79%. Thus that demographic largely supported Biden - but Trump had sowed the seeds of his own destruction with that group and caused his own downfall. Cry baby sour lime Trump needs to grow up and conceed his elction defeat to Biden.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

^^None of what you are stating alters the fact that Trump lost bigly to Biden in the black voter demographic for both sexes. In the Trump vs Biden contest, black male voter demographic, Trump only got 19% of that vote compared with Biden's 79%. Thus that demographic largely supported Biden - but Trump had sowed the seeds of his own destruction with that group and caused his own downfall. Cry baby sour lime Trump needs to grow up and conceed his elction defeat to Biden.

He didn't exactly win over the majority of Latino voters either, Dreamer, in spite of claims that they don't care about immigration or about Trump's hateful rhetoric and policy making that has threatened the well being of many people and that has stoked the racial divide.

In fact according to demographic figures,Trump's support among Latino men went up just four percent, and Latino women, just three. Which perhaps means that 64% of Latino men and 72% of Latino women DO CARE about Trump's litany of hate and his cruel, inhumane "zero tolerance" immigration policies that separates families, cages children, and incites animosity toward people perceived as "other."

And I suspect they care not just because they're Latino, but because, like MANY of us, it's the right and MORAL thing to do, in spite of certain callously self-centered suppositions and theories to the CONTRARY.

'I'm Not Scared Anymore - The Clash In Maricopa County: Young Latinas Showed Up to a Trump Rally to Celebrate Biden Win
“Around Trump supporters I would always keep my mouth shut, out of fear of being attacked,” Jackie Valencia said. “I have finally found the courage to speak out against them.”

XAngel97

Superior Member
Media

Wtf are you talking about i acknowledge he didn't get the majority and im not upset at that. He got 18 not 19