100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last edited:

SweetLovesVick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About The Author-
Stephenson Billings is an Investigative Journalist, Motivational Children's Party Entertainer and Antique Soda Bottle Collector all in one special, blessed package! Facebook me here or Fanmail me: Stephenson@Christwire.org !
Ummm.. Sounds like a pretty, well, GAY hobby to me.

This on a Christian web site.... Shocking.

"Motivational Children's Party Entertainer"??? This should be #1 on the next Christwire.com list for how to spot a pedophile.

Its garbage like this list numbers #1-#15 that makes me hate everything about Christian/Catholic church. That and every sermon every single week 52 weeks of every year is about making bigger cash donations to God!

I spent Kindergarten through 11 grade in all Catholic schools and some of my best friends are gay (they were in my classes). Shame on this ignorant man who wrote this list.

I say we should all cry that people waste their entire lives with such hate in their hearts. Then try to force that hate into others to stupid to know better. I am stepping off my soap box now. How ironic is it that I read this today on a Sunday morning?

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Poe's Law:
Similar to Murphy's Law, Poe's Law concerns internet debates, particularly regarding religion or politics. "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing." In other words, No matter how bizzare, outrageous, or just plain idiotic a parody of a Fundamentalist may seem, there will always be someone who cannot tell that it is a parody, having seen similar REAL ideas from real religious/political Fundamentalists.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I started reading the article, I began to get really pissed off. But since other LPSGers have pointed out it's a parody/joke/poe site, I have calmed down and had a giggle. The part about the author being a "Motivational Children's Party Entertainer and Antique Soda Bottle Collector all in one special, blessed package!" is priceless. Although I am rather worried that there are real ministers/evangelists/etc who would readily peddle the articles on this site as serious truth. Well, maybe not THIS article:

Why Do Rabbits Rape Cats? | ChristWire

By the same motivational children's party entertainer and antique bottle collector.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
1) Secretive late night use of cellphones...

Does that mean Tiger Woods is gay? :smile:
Then again, he wasn't too secretive, so maybe he's just bi. :smile:
After all, he is famous for how he swings his wood! :biggrin1:

D_Alvin Allrod

Account Disabled
Media
The author intentionally aimed all of his writing at getting a rise out of people. His notions are clearly rediculous, and intentionally so. I think it is dumb to stereotype right wing christians because of this guys stereotyping of gays.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The author intentionally aimed all of his writing at getting a rise out of people. His notions are clearly rediculous, and intentionally so. I think it is dumb to stereotype right wing christians because of this guys stereotyping of gays.
Methinks you kinda missed the point.

I am well acquainted with right-wing christians, and believe you me, they stereotype themselves.

They are "rediculous".

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Ok...I sort of have to laugh at this. Only because it is so disturbing that some of the things they list. Frequent trips to Asia? I guess I missed that in the Gay Manual they gave me when I came out. Along with my free toaster.

wait a minute you get a free toaster

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The New York Times today has an article on Christwire. Apparently the article under discussion here has made the site famous.

By the way, while the site is satirical in intent, it has made use of articles by one conservative writer whose intent was entirely earnest:

A close reader of ChristWire will soon figure out (one hopes) that the site is not serious. But many of the columns are deft enough, just plausible enough, to fool the casual reader. Even — or perhaps especially — a reader whose beliefs are being mocked.

Marie Jon, who writes for the quite earnest conservative site RenewAmerica.com, used to allow her stories to be reposted to ChristWire.

Nrets

Experimental Member
Media
Hi I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!"

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!"
The same Troy McClure who appeared in such feature films as "Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die" and "Gladys, the Groovy Mule"?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The New York Times today has an article on Christwire. Apparently the article under discussion here has made the site famous.
“Hurricane Earl Projected Path, Gay East Coast of America,” ChristWire opined on Monday. One headline in late August proclaimed, “Warning! Black Music Infiltrates the Minds of Future Homemaking White Women.”

Last week, referring to Ken Mehlman, the former Republican Party chairman who came out of the closet last month, ChristWire asked, “Why does Ken Mehlman think that choosing the homosexual lifestyle is more important to him than the Republican values he once held so dear?”
LOLOL!

Last edited:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

The same Troy McClure who appeared in such feature films as "Today We Kill, Tomorrow We Die" and "Gladys, the Groovy Mule"?
:laugh2:

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

Though obviously intended to have a sense of humor there is a sadly and still pervasively bigoted homophobic side to this.

There sadly are people who do look at this kind of stuff and do attribute the characteristics described here to have some meaning.

Many years ago I laughed and then made comments back to another person about things that homophobic individuals tend to always attribute to gay men .

My comeback for requirements for membership in the gay mens union, local 6969 were:

1. Must be able to do hair.
2. Must be an excellent dancer.
3. Incredible sense for fashion and color combinations.
4. Flower arranging talents are a must.
5. Able to pass 200 page examination on the music and history of Broadway Musicals.
6. Must own at least 3 pictures of Marilyn Monroe
7. Must own all recordings of Judy Garland
8. Must know what the current plot line is for General Hospital.
9. Must swoon over Biggest Losers "Bob Harper".
10. Owns all recordings of "The Village People".

Though this one is still playing off of stereotypes it is still a crock.

The best one I heard took place many years ago at a gay bar called "Wolfs" in Cathedral City, California.

One of the Bartenders also tended bar at a Lesbian Bar in that same City. He came to me that night and was somewhat disturbed by events of the day.

His statements were:

"Today was a weird day, it makes me really wonder?"
"I was tending down at "XXXX" today and two "Dy..." came in and had a beer. Their discussion was about rebuilding the flathead V8 in a 1949 Ford they were restoring."

"Then this evening I came in here."
"You know Mike XXXX and Joe XXX don't you?"

The Bartender was describing two men who were active in the local leather community at the time both under 6' tall, both over 220lbs, both with bodies that looked like those of COLT models, and the picture of masculinity.[/I]

Their discussion was the re-arranging of their Teddy Bear collection and the profits that they made at their last Tupperware Party.

Again this played against stereotypes.

For or against there can be humor, but some individuals with minds smaller than the average turkey take these things seriously.