Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Fluoridia Bidet, Feb 13, 2007.

1. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but does anyone follow the Law of Attraction? Like does anyone here use it on a daily basis every day of their life? I am curious to know....

(ps Has anyone seen "the secret")

2. Wrey

Wrey New Member

The has got to be the most enigmatic post I have read yet. What is 'The Secret?"

3. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
  4. viking1

Gold Member

If only the "law of attraction" worked. I would be rich, good looking, well endowed, and married to a beautiful woman by now. Sadly, it don't work.:mad:

5. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I'm more a fan of Ellis' Rules of Attraction, and the movie by the same name, which was just as clever with a much tighter and neater and more cohesive overall narrative.

6. ruffboy

Gold Member

have never heard of it (surprise suprise) as a "thing" to "do" but interesting to see it as a paradigm for living. and yeah, have tried to live by what i refer to as "calling it to you". i really have no explanation, nor any proof at all, as to why i think it works, but it seems to me to be borne out by the fact that when i'm positive, when i'm thinking about my life in the terms of what i wish to have happen, or see, or do, or experience, my actions, even involuntary and/or reactionary, seem to generally drift towards those positive ends, moreso that at times in which i don't actively think positively.

on a more surreal level, but equally effective, had a great tour through a group of ancient anazasi ruins in the southwest with a native Ute guide one time and he vocalized it well in a talk to the group regarding rattlesnakes. as he put it, "i can feel some of you walking around here thinking about the snakes, i can guarantee if you're thinking about them, they will appear. if you don't, they won't... don't call them to you". practically speaking, if you're looking for the negative, you WILL find it. same can be said for the positive in your life. this isn't to say it will eliminate the negative, but it does help you to focus on one or the other. so choose, which side would you rather focus on, then take control and do it.

boy. that was a rambling mess of incoherant-ology

7. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    I posted a thread about this awhile back and nobody was interested. I wont bother digging it up, but here are some related links:

The Secret
    By the way, The Secret was originally called Carnegie's Secret. You can read about it here. <!~~ This is a link talking about Napoleon Hill. He wrote many books on how to get rich by thinking rich. If one reads The Fountainhead or Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, many of the same principles come into play. Napoleon Hill also wrote a series of books called Mental Dynamite. Hence, Napoleon Dynamite: a popular movie where a young man of pure heart and mind grows to popularity in his school by being himself and having confidence in all things. "Just follow your heart. That's what I do."

Nova Special: The Elegant Universe (the entire three hour special on String Theory) This is truly a must see. It's very simply explained and extremely mind expanding. The Elegant Universe goes into Einstein's theory of relativity combined with Newton's gravity discoveries and tries to point toward a theory of everything. There are also several books you can buy related to string theory.

What The Bleep Do We Know?

The Unified Field

Dr Quantum

8. D_N Flay Table

D_N Flay Table New Member

good one heather!
    i am sure you will like that movie I just got done working on!

9. Heather LouAnna

Gold Member

Albums:
    What can I say. I'm versed in all things.

10. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

OMG I think it actually works but here is a silly example....

I was imagining eating a cheesecake because I wanted it so bad, so I kept thinking about it all day. I mean that's all I had on my mind, I didn't eat all day, and that's all I wanted was some fucking cheesecake! So my aunt comes over and she was like hey you guys I have all of this left over deserts from this party. And guess what she had friggin cheesecake!!!! And it wasn't plain cheesecake it was strawberry with lots of syrup on it!!! Yummy....OMG I LOVE CHEESECAKE ^_^

I know stupid example but it happened!

But I am sure I have applied the secret and never knew, this is just a silly example but now that I realize it I have acheived alot just by keeping positive thinking and just focus on my desires.

11. zgrog2000

zgrog2000 New Member

what about when you are driving down the interstate and you are starving your ass off and you think I want a Big Mac and then you drive until you see a McDonalds sign and exit the interstate and then pull into the parking lot, go inside and order a Big Mac, only to find that you left your wallet in your car. So you go back to your car to get your wallet and check to see if you have enough money and find that you are short a few bucks so you take a pistol, go inside rob the McDonalds because everyone knows that McDonalds is ruining the world and then take your Big Mac and a coke and the cash so you can always buy more Big Mac's on your trip. That's a way of if you want it bad enough you can get it cause I don't imagine anyone tossing me a Big Mac as they pass me on the interstate.

12. D_Percival Puddleford Pukehorn

HAHAHAHHA!

Draft saved Draft deleted