Law school is kicking my ass

D_luiyg0214

Account Disabled
Media
Damn that sucks.
I almost considered law.
but i'm doing criminal justice. . thinking I wanna make arrests...or work on crime scenes.
good luck with school tho..i'm sure you'll get through it. =)

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Whats your biggest gripe about it?

I'm really almost 99% sure I'm going to do law school either beginning in 2011 or possibly taking a one year break (from college) to intern (hopefully paid) abroad (well...Toronto anyway..lol).

Lately, I've been considering another path (urban planning) which has always been my passion..but law school is something I've just always known I was gonna do...now that its before me, I'm having 2nd thoughts...so we shall see...

I would love to hear about your experiences in school so far. Good, bad, and ugly.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Keep the faith, baby! Before you know it, you'll be out there being a heartless, slimeball scumbag...and convincing yourself you're fighting the good fight to boot!:wink:

sh0n

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I feel the same way about Medical School, but just hang in there and keep studying! We can do this :D

B_hijack

Experimental Member
Media
Keep in there TC. The first year is definitely the toughest, especially if you aren't goot ad memorizing and regurgitating tons of facts. It gets better. :smile:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You will find the second and third year will differ dramatically from year one. The best advice I could possibly give you is to stay in the top 10% of your class.

You'll be fine, Tommo.

Maybe just takes a bit to adjust if you haven't been in school for a while? Watch Legally Blonde or summat, lol. ;)

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hang in ther dude. Given the number of prevs we have here on LPSG I am sure some of us will be needing legal assistance in the future.

Give us a membership billing rate OK

Hang in ther dude. Given the number of prevs we have here on LPSG I am sure some of us will be needing legal assistance in the future.

Give us a membership billing rate OK
Yeh, remember who ur mates are Tom, when ur a successful lawyer and I'm in prison. :wink:

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know it's trite, but hang in there, TomCat. You're a smart, passionate (not to mention, hot) guy.

Last edited:

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Keep the faith, baby! Before you know it, you'll be out there being a heartless, slimeball scumbag...and convincing yourself you're fighting the good fight to boot!:wink:
LOL!!!!
Maybe just takes a bit to adjust if you haven't been in school for a while? Watch Legally Blonde or summat, lol. ;)

Agreed.. if Ms. Witherspoon can fake it, so too can you. After reading some of your more extensive posts, i have no doubt that law school is exactly what your 'steel trap' of a mind needs to break a mental sweat!!!
Keep at it TC.
"Fortune favours the prepared"

" i love sam_solo26"

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I certainly don't envy anyone studying law. I started a legal course when i went to college and found that i actually only really enjoyed one aspect of it, the criminal law.
9 tenths of the course was conveyancing though, land law is boring as hell.

I just didn't have the patience for it. Perhaps a mistake given my current job so, like everyone else has said, stick with it. Watch Transformers, that film was wicked, good for a chuckle and a distraction when it all gets too much.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Good luck Tom. Better to get your butt kicked in your twenties and learn something useful than to have regrets for the rest of your life about about could have been.

vibrator

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Law school is tough, thats why lawyers make good money. Its not for everybody. But if you want it bad enough you can do it.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tom, shouldn't you be studying Civ Pro or Torts rather than messing around on LPSG? (I'd add a wicked big grin but I don't see the smile icon)