Lawsuit: Test Texas lawmaker for STDs

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Italian1, Jan 30, 2008.

1. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I agree that what he did was wrong. But do people still believe you can get AIDS from kissing? :confused: If she has herpes, she might get a little dough.

A lawsuit against a state lawmaker claims he forcibly kissed a woman at a holiday party and demands he be tested for sexually transmitted diseases.

Krysynthia Rido and her husband sued Friday in state district court, saying they fear AIDS and other diseases because Rido was exposed to Democratic state Rep. Borris Miles' "unwanted bodily fluids." She wants the court to order Miles to undergo blood tests for sexually transmitted diseases.

The suit also accuses Miles, 42, of assault and battery and asks for compensatory and punitive damages.

The Harris County District Attorney's Office has been looking into a complaint that Miles entered a hotel ballroom without an invitation, confronted guests, displayed a pistol and forcibly kissed another man's wife.

Messages left at Miles' offices by The Associated Press were not immediately returned on Sunday.

Miles' spokesman, Donald Fields, said in the Houston Chronicle's Saturday online editions that Miles was not immediately available for comment because he was in Memorial Hospital with pneumonia.

The Ridos' lawsuit contends Miles acted in a "depraved, unconscionable and reckless manner, leaving in his wake shame, embarrassment and mental trauma."

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states that some STDs can be transmitted orally. Its Web site says AIDS cannot be transmitted through casual kissing.

Print Story: Lawsuit: Test Texas lawmaker for STDs on Yahoo! News

2. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

The medical examiner that looks at these two idiots will need a diamond saw to cut their stone heads.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

• The lawyer who took this case needs to be horsewhipped.
    • I think perhaps more mental anguish was caused by this morons mother naming her Krysynthia than by that obviously drunken losers kiss.
    • Perhaps the public brandishing of a gun is the sueable (not sure thats a word :redface:) offense?

4. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Its Texas, what are you gonna do.

5. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, with all the Texans here on the board, I'm glad I didn't say that.

6. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

My apologies to most Texans, there are STDs everywhere.

7. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

Back off Bud. I am sure Cali has its share of idiotic morons as well.

8. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I love the US legal system :rolleyes:

9. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

It would have OK if it was just some woman - but to forcibly kiss another man's property is going too far :mad:

/sarcasm

:biggrin1:

Myah - from what I hear she's lucky he didn't shit on her :eek::eek::rolleyes:

Doubtless it's share - but not more than...

10. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Can't the guy just take an AIDS test so the people can drop their case.....when hopefully the test turns out negative?

My gut instincts tell me there is something fishy about this case though. Like Rido's suspects or knows that Miles has AIDS and she is trying to milk some money out of him. Or cover her butt. I guarentee if Miles is tested and he has AIDS.....and then Rido is tested and she has AIDS....it didn't come from that kissing eposode.

And if a person walks into a ballroom uninvited waving a gun in the air and he isn't law inforcement......how come he didn't get taken away in handcuffs? I would think everyone in the ballroom that felt threatened would have a right to join in a lawsuit.

The only way she could contrac AIDS through kissing from what I understand is if she had open sores in her mouth or if he was biting her and breaking the skin......the virus has to get into the bloodstream.

Anyways, yes we have frivilous lawsuits here in Texas. I think it comes from the fact that Texas is kind of like it's own little country and people think they can do whatever they want to do here. But they can't. And there are a lot of people having problems with that. There's also a lot of people that come here from other places and they are sue happy. (Like Houston which is our largest city)

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

They were probably fuck buddies and she got aids from him, now she's pissed and wants money for her wrong doing.

12. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I did back off BUD, read the entire thread.

13. joybunny

joybunny New Member

Good speculation. I've seen and read the report and the whole thing stinks. The lawsuit doesn't have to do with an assault or a health crisis. It's all about money. To make matters worse, the suit perpetuates the belief that HIV can be contracted through a kiss. Good grief!

I could see the potential for contracting herpes or even mono. As for the rep., the first time the press tried to get in contact with him, he was hospitalized due to the result of a sickle cell crisis. I don't know if his condition has been verified but it would be really low if her attorney is using that as a way to gain more public suspicion of the rep. having AIDS.

14. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    AIDS isn't really transmitted by a kiss, unless you've got broken blisters or somethinhg in the mouth.

This is about a crew of egos and as such are banging heads, slapping one another with lawsuits and crapping on one another's reputations. As such, it becomes a blip on the radar screen of history.

So much information, so many morons...

Draft saved Draft deleted