LDR + Relationship issues Advice needed

addict1on

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This message may be quite long as i have a lot going through my head as i write this.

I started seeing my boyfriend 2 years ago and we have had a steady relationship that was complete bliss to begin with. We both lived in the same hometown as he was at the college in my hometown. He moved back home with parents and his sister and we decided to try and make a weekend relationship work. This has been the situation for the past year where he would come to me or i would get the train to him. As my profession needs me to sometimes commit to weekends i obviously am found in completely annoying situation as we cant see each other if i work.

Our sex life was always new interesting and fun over the course of our relationship and i felt like i had found someone that gets me through and through. The past 9 months i have noticed that decline.. surely a relationship between 2 guys in early twenties should be booming...
It has turned into me being the one making the effort and making sure he is pleased all the time... sometimes it has been the case that on the only 2 days we seen each other he hasn't made a single attempt at showing me any sexual feelings. When mentioned to him it normally causes a argument and the words 'ill try harder'
This continued and i found myself (sad to say) talking to guys on various webcam sites as they made me feel appreciated for my looks and made me feel wanted..even if it is for one thing.

In the course of me doing that i found myself meeting a guy that nothing sexual happened between us and we exchanged yahoo names and starting to talk through IM. Its been 5 months since i met this guy and we have spoken everyday online and even swapped numbers and talk about everything and anything. This guy is 100% interested in me and has shown great interest in wanting more from me. We arranged to meet up for a few drinks and chill out and stuff for a few days as he was passing through my town. My bf was out of town so i thought 'it couldn't hurt meeting this friend' he knew about me and my bf so he knew the boundaries that were in place.
we hung out got drunk and i stayed at his hotel for a night. We did kiss, which to me signals cheating and disgrace. Ive never cheated on anyone before in my life.

I had the best day and night with my friend and since we already had the past few months of friendship it made everything so much easier. I had never felt so happy or alive with this person. I felt feelings deep inside that i forgot i had and found myself missing him unbearably when he left to go back to the east coast. I am moving across country next year to the east coast for work opportunity and i don't want to have a LDR... i have been in that position before and it did not last long. My bf knows that i have always planned to move away and it was spoke about him coming with me but i want to do this on my own and really get my life into check as i finish my masters degree in june 2013.

Basically i am torn.. i feel like a bad person for thinking the thoughts of breaking up with him as i do love him. I dont know what to do in the sense of this new guy i talk to everyday online and speak to on the phone more then my own partner, who showed me such kindness and exactly what i have been missing from my bf after many many arguments.

Do i come clean and tell him everything?
Even though im not moving till next year should i phase the relationship out before i leave or just end it now to give time for the hearts to heal?

I love my bf yet feel very strong feelings for this very good friend of mine and the feeling is mutual. He is in the direction of my life path whereas i will be leaving the bf as he is staying put.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and reply.
I appreciate it

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You may love your b/f but you don't love what that relationship is giving you. You have met and kissed a new guy that shows the interest that is missing in your current relationship. I'm surprised it didn't go further than kissing in his hotel room to be honest. Your current b/f leaves you feeling empty and wanting more. There is no shame in that part. It is possible to love someone but not love what the relationship between the two of you gives you. You are open to others because your current b/f doesn't fulfill that part of you. If he never will (only you can judge that) the answer is clear.

addict1on

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me and my bf have spoken and highlighted the fact that we need to talk about whats gonna happen when i move.

I am thinking of leaving in may 2013 and i think we need some time out of the relationship to remain as friends before i go.

i keep thinking that giving him the option for things.. either end it now or at the end of this year so we have a good couple of months to sort ourselves out. i dont wanna never speak to him again and it be awkward. but i feel like i want it to end on a high rather then us fight and argue at the end..

What do you guys think?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i keep thinking that giving him the option for things.. either end it now or at the end of this year so we have a good couple of months to sort ourselves out. i dont wanna never speak to him again and it be awkward. but i feel like i want it to end on a high rather then us fight and argue at the end..

What do you guys think?

All things taken into account i do believe you are being more than fair
we are all at different levels and perhaps your current bf needs to appreciate that.
Good that you guys have/are in the process of talking thru it, your going east is inevitable, your dislike for LDR will be clear to him, and if your honesty shines thru with both persons, think you may well have done the best you possibly could to appease all 3 of yous

BEST to yous all ..

addict1on

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for the reply.

i spoke to him this evening about it and he now knows im leaving in may. a sad tone crossed his voice and it was hard to talk about but i think a face to face proper conversation about it all will be good.

i cant help but feel so bad for being the one to say.. im going, as i know its gonna be tough on us both but realistically a LDR will not work for me. a new break away and a new life is exactly what i need. i dont want to be in the position where we try and make it work because i feel bad for him.
i think ending it at the end of the year is a wise decision and as sad as it is, i feel its the one i need to make.

i really appreciate you guys commenting too :)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Cheers matey
sounds like your onto it
Could have been you in this situation i guess, just the way it is
Thanks for the courtesy response to let us know
all the Best again

addict1on

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One thing that has crossed my mind is

How am i gonna word all of this to my bf. Its all well and good me actually having the thoughts and being sure of what i want, but im not sure how to approach him or how to word it.

What do ya think?

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was always assuming you would be strong enuf to talk to him lovingly, as much as it may hurt matey
Prepare him for it as best you can, for a face to face

WILL PM you matey..