Leaders?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pierced1953, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    We are being lead by people who voted they get paid if the government shuts down and the families who have lost their sprouce in the line of duty, DON'T......

Does anyone actually beleive that these mother fuckers care about us and this country. I don't know when this became law and who was president at the time. You would think that at least the president who is not a part timer like the congress would use his presidential power to change it.

Once again were back to the same old thing,[ power, greed, corps running our government and being sold out].

It's just another scam by the parties to keep the the American people seperated, to avoid us from being united as one so we don't litterally kick their asses into the streets where they belong.

Instead of writing back to me, write to one of those mother fuckers in DC.

TIME FOR A CHANGE OR WE'LL BE GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.

2. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Well to be honest, you're the one that started the thread.
    Is there anything else you'd like to present pertaining to the bill that was signed to prevent the government shutdown? Who created & proposed it? Who voted yes? Who voted no? What's the sense of going after everyone in DC when there were people in Congress who also shared your views? Details, details...

3. lucky8

Gold Member

Well, to keep it real, those in DC who share this view only do so until they have to make a sacrifice...just because they give a 10 minute speech about how ridiculous it is doesn't mean they're willing to sacrifice their own political careers to actually do something about it. Politics as usual in Washington.

http://arrestedmotion.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/am-fairey-southpark.jpg

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That's true to some degree. At the same time, I don't expect anyone to be completely sacrificial to everyone else's needs with no regard to their own. You kinda get what the OP is trying to say, but instead it comes off condemning everyone when I'm sure there were some figureheads in Congress who didn't support this bill as it was written. That's why we need to go beyond the talk and look at the voting records. Because some do actually back their words with the appropriate actions, and depending on where you stand ideologically these are the congresspeople we need to support or get elected to office. GovTrack.us: Tracking the U.S. Congress

It's always going to be "politics as usual" because that is what you do in Washington. But with the right people it doesn't always have to be the "usual politics". Wishful thinking, I know... but hey, better to be the optimist sometimes. :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted