Learning to Stay out of someone's business

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by MovingForward, Jan 20, 2008.

1. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

Ok , Last night went to my buddy's birthday party. He's gay, Im gay , lot of gays around. Anyway, he introduces me to his sister and her husband. The minute they walk away I give him this look ( like , you know the husband is gay), he looks at me and says he is straight and has two kids. Rather than go into it. I left it alone. The husband was flaming!!! Why am I posting this, becaues normally I would gossip and talk about it all night. I am proud, that I am learning ot gossip less.

2. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

do you assume all straight guys are gay?

3. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

No, but this guy. Definately gay!!

4. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    The problem with gay people, right here. Don't assume a goddamn thing about someone's sexuality unless you absolutely know it to be true.

5. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

im gay and would never assume or gossip about a stright guy with a wife aond or kids,etc.....i think if anything that gay nasty queens see everyone as gay or try smear them in some way to appear gay and i find that quite sad........im so glad its a trap ive never fallen into and glad i dont drink or have a part in the gay scene.

i personally treat gay or straight folks the same and if the guy is gay or bi then so what..whos business is it but his own?

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

He's married with two kids, and you presume from one glance that he's gay. Was he wearing a badge or something?

7. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

i think he just likes a good gossip SP even if it means making shit up about folks he knows.

8. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Unfounded gossip often causes problems for people, if it was just the gossiper I'd be ok with that, but gossip often damages the people who were innocent.

9. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

i know that hun...some nasty gossipers have damaged me this past year..... im only finding out that my partner left me after 14 years because someone made malicious gossip and said i was seeing someone else on the side when i wasnt.....its taken me 6 months to find this out and i can assure you its extremely painful.....ive lost someone i love because of it and dont know if i shall ever win him back as he has been tortured mentally when thy said to him i was seeing someone - he had a nervous breakdown - so its damaged us both severely.

10. bek2335

bek2335 New Member

"The problem with gay people, right there." Don't you think that's a rather broad statement? The problem with gay people??? How would it be if some one said, "The problem with black people..." It would be racist and offensive. You say, "Don't assume" but you are assuming that all gay people think they know something about the sexuality of others.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Technically telling us is still gossiping. Thats not what concerns me though. You haven't stated any criteria or special handshakes that took place. So why is he gay? Because his belt matched his shoes? Maybe his wife dressed him. . .

Sounds like it.

Unless he had his dick in your ass how can you know for sure?:confused::tongue: Maybe he was just a metrosexual?

Oh my God! That's horrible! My heart goes out to you. People who spread malicious gossip have no idea the harm they do to the innocent. They never even bother to consider that someone might be innocent.:mad:

12. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    yeah, the story is slightly confusing. how is this dude gay? did he give off a gay odor? (lol...took that from Augusten Burroughs. hilarious.)

13. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    It'd be more offensive if I described the exact group of people I was talking about, trust me.

14. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

My gaydar went off imediately. I have never been wrong. I judge my decision was based on his feminine walk, his feminen voice, his clothes he was wearing and the way he moved. Everybody actually thought he was gay until they found out that he was married to my friends sister. Being married means nothing, having children means nothing, you can be gay and do all of those things. I am just proud that I didnt get involved in any gossip about this guy, as normally I typically do.

15. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

He seems to have chosen to have sex with a woman, in my book that would make him straight.

16. Icantthinkofaname

Albums:
    Voices, Mannierisms, and Clothing don't mean anything either. He could just be very effemininte.

17. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

He was past effeminite, he was flaming. There is a difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted