Leave Jesus Alone!

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
He hasn't done anything to you. There are people who go about doing all sorts of heinous things in His name every day. They aren't Jesus. They aren't even His representatives. They're liars and poseurs and terrorists, just like the people who fly planes into buildings and blow up the innocent at falafel stands. Don't get confused and go after the Saviour. He didn't send these idiots to commit their crimes. Go after them. Or would you rather shoot the Message and let the messenger go free?

I see all sorts of awful cartoons mocking Him every day and I'm appalled. Yeah, talk to me about free speech. Is it right for you to use your freedom of speech to mount an assault on my freedom of religion? That is NOT a rhetorical question. I suggest you go back and read it, and formulate a simple "yes" or "no" answer. It might help you to at least know your own mind about this.

Leave Jesus alone. Better yet, try to understand Him. He won't hurt you. Some of the people who pose as His followers might try, but He won't.

And may the Peace of Christ be with you.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I personally have no problem with the concept of JESUS and the whole spiritual archetype of the paragon of the human species he represents whether he actually ever lived on Earth or not, which is increasingly more debatable.
I, however have serious reservations about his fan club and the level of extremity they have taken their overzealous worship and mostly in false ways ironically enough.
The fanaticism we chastise our neighbors in the Middle East for having is just as prevalent in our culture today only in a different religion and the pious leaders who share this fanatical belief are what is RUINING our nation today.

I have no problem with ANYONES choice of religion, even Satanism except when it becomes fanatical and directly affects myself and those that I love.

:banana:
HORSE

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HickBoy said:
He hasn't done anything to you. There are people who go about doing all sorts of heinous things in His name every day. They aren't Jesus. They aren't even His representatives. They're liars and poseurs and terrorists, just like the people who fly planes into buildings and blow up the innocent at falafel stands. Don't get confused and go after the Saviour. He didn't send these idiots to commit their crimes. Go after them. Or would you rather shoot the Message and let the messenger go free?

I see all sorts of awful cartoons mocking Him every day and I'm appalled. Yeah, talk to me about free speech. Is it right for you to use your freedom of speech to mount an assault on my freedom of religion? That is NOT a rhetorical question. I suggest you go back and read it, and formulate a simple "yes" or "no" answer. It might help you to at least know your own mind about this.

Leave Jesus alone. Better yet, try to understand Him. He won't hurt you. Some of the people who pose as His followers might try, but He won't.

And may the Peace of Christ be with you.
Yes Hick Boy you are right All the way!! Sad isnt it?

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HUNGHUGE11X7 said:
I personally have no problem with the concept of JESUS and the whole spiritual archetype of the paragon of the human species he represents whether he actually ever lived on Earth or not, which is increasingly more debatable.
I, however have serious reservations about his fan club and the level of extremity they have taken their overzealous worship and mostly in false ways ironically enough.
The fanaticism we chastise our neighbors in the Middle East for having is just as prevalent in out culture today only in a different religion and the pious leaders who share this fanatical belief are what is RUINING our nation today.

I have no problem with ANYONES choice of religion, even Satanism except when it becomes fanatical and directly affects myself and those that I love.

:banana:
HORSE
I dont think its right to make fun of anybodys religion Isnt it funny that the only religion made fun of is christianity I dont remember jesus promising 40 virgins for the murder of inocent people

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you ,Hickboy.

So often I try to refrain from becoming involved in threads about my beliefs because I am tired of the verbal assaults that usually insue. You could not have said it better. In his lifetime here one earth Christ himself took the hypocritical status quo religion to task so I think your message is right on time. To paraphrase an early 20th century popular song,

"... If you knew Jesus,
Like I know Jesus,
Oh boy,what a guy! "

Or perhaps a later 20th century song by a group most of us recognize ,The Doobie Brothers, "Jesus is alright with me..."

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
uncut said:
I dont think its right to make fun of anybodys religion Isnt it funny that the only religion made fun of is christianity I dont remember jesus promising 40 virgins for the murder of inocent people

You're hanging with the wrong crowd. I make fun of all of them.

Generally speaking, though, the dominant religion is going to be the target of the most criticism/mockery (in a region that protects free speech). This shouldn't be a surprise - it's always the people/groups in power that receive the most criticism, and rightly so.

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watched an interesting programme last night, about life elsewhere in the universe. It was very iffy, since 'intelligent' life is everywhere, primates, fish, lions, are intelligent. But they aren't extelligent like humans. The odds of there being anything out there are very slim.

Anyway, one doctor said 'there seems to be a human need for answers. I think the people that believe in extra terrestrials want them to come and solve all their problems. Some people turn to religion, some people believe in extra terrestrials. I think it would be better to accept that we ARE alone'

But if you do have a religion, I don't mind :)

And as long as you know that "The bible is the truth" why should it affect you? I know a lot of Christians who just shout about the bible being the truth and will not believe or even ponder anything else. As long as you have faith, everything will be alright. Anger is something we all have to deal with.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Thank you ,Hickboy.

So often I try to refrain from becoming involved in threads about my beliefs because I am tired of the verbal assaults that usually insue. You could not have said it better. In his lifetime here one earth Christ himself took the hypocritical status quo religion to task so I think your message is right on time. To paraphrase an early 20th century popular song,

"... If you knew Jesus,
Like I know Jesus,
Oh boy,what a guy! "

Or perhaps a later 20th century song by a group most of us recognize ,The Doobie Brothers, "Jesus is alright with me..."
Thats really nice Naughty. You are a special lady:smile:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rob_just_rob said:
You're hanging with the wrong crowd. I make fun of all of them.

Generally speaking, though, the dominant religion is going to be the target of the most criticism/mockery (in a region that protects free speech). This shouldn't be a surprise - it's always the people/groups in power that receive the most criticism, and rightly so.
I dont hang with the wrong crowd You are acting guilty why ? You shouldnt make fun of any religion We shouldnt make fun of people who dont believe in anything at all

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
uncut said:
I dont hang with the wrong crowd You are acting guilty why ? You shouldnt make fun of any religion We shouldnt make fun of people who dont believe in anything at all

Guilty? Nope, just stating a fact.

Mockery is one of the best ways of taking power away from the powerful. Bullies can't stand being laughed at.

And I would say that if you don't believe your religion can handle a little criticism, your faith is weak indeed.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
Guilty? Nope, just stating a fact.

Mockery is one of the best ways of taking power away from the powerful. Bullies can't stand being laughed at.

And I would say that if you don't believe your religion can handle a little criticism, your faith is weak indeed.

I agree that faith is only stronger when tested. Mockery can remove a great deal of power, but what about those we see on TV who appear to welcome the mockery with open arms? Some of these arrogant asses like Falwell say they expect to be mocked and ridiculed and that's how they know they're right. Because the Bible said they would be. They can twist anything to suit their needs.

la_gaya_scienza

Just Browsing
Media
He hasn't done anything to you. There are people who go about doing all sorts of heinous things in His name every day. They aren't Jesus. They aren't even His representatives. They're liars and poseurs and terrorists, just like the people who fly planes into buildings and blow up the innocent at falafel stands. Don't get confused and go after the Saviour. He didn't send these idiots to commit their crimes. Go after them.
While I agree with you that we should distinguish between the acts of his believers and Jesus' own actions I think there is a further distinction that needs to be made, one that you happen to have overlooked.

Jesus hasn't done anything that has had a direct impact on me. He hasn't tripped me up or threatened my family or blown anything up or done any of the things you rightly criticised when they are performed by misguided believers. But it is evident that he has done things that have had an indirect impact on me and my life and within reason I think I can criticise him as I see fit just as we can criticise our governments when indirect consequences of their actions have an impact on our lives.

Take Hurricane Katrina as an example. I'm sure very few people would argue that the Bush administration wanted thousands of people to suffer and die when it struck and so nobody criticised them for making it happen as such. But what they did do was criticise the poor decisions they made before it happened, decisions which indirectly brought about many deaths in the tragedy and shambles that followed. Likewise I don't blame Jesus as such for the actions of fundamentalists but I will defend to the death my right to criticise him for some of the things he said and did, things which both directly and indirectly have gone on to shape the world I live in.

You happen to believe that Jesus was the son of God and that's fine with me. I just happen to believe he was a human and so as open to criticism as any other person (whether they be the Pope, Mohammed, the Queen of England, the Buddha, the President of the United States, etc.).

Is it right for you to use your freedom of speech to mount an assault on my freedom of religion?
But it does not amount to an assault on your freedom of religion does it. Nobody has compelled you to believe under pain of death or torture have they? You're still just as free to chose to believe in Jesus after somebody has criticised him as you were before. Where does the 'assault' suddenly force you to change beliefs? You may not like what somebody has to say but I fail to see how that constitutes an infringement of you freedom of religion. Many people slag off people who support football team X or vote for political party Y. Are they still free to continue their support? There freedom to chose persists simply because they are at liberty to disregard what other people say.

I cannot understand why people continue to deliberately abuse this issue. Everyday people attack other people's political beliefs if they differ from their own and we rightly don't bat an eyelid. But as soon as someone remotely criticises another person's religious beliefs then all hell breaks lose. Apparently many people do not see the inconsitencies in allowing people who believe in God/Allah/Jehova to say that non-believers are fools who are destined to suffer everlasting punishment but not allowing non-believers to express their reasons for believing theists to be just as foolish.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
mercurialbliss said:
They can twist anything to suit their needs.

True, but the audience is diminished. I don't worry about the people watching the Falwells of the world. They're too far gone to be helped.

The point behind mocking the powerful is to remind the thinking population to think, instead of just accepting.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
HUNGHUGE11X7 said:
It is?

There are plenty of debatable things abut Him, but I hadn't heard that existence was among them. His status as a prophet, or the nature of the Trinity, or the contradictory biographical details found in the Gospels, or gross errors in the Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic translations now enshrined in the King James Bible, are certainly matters for discussion (even if not here on LPSG). But that's not quite the same as denying the carpenter's actual existence.

I'm not a Christian myself, and am certainly no friend of the Church, but I have found the incessant anti-Christian bigotry prevalent among some on this board - though no one actually on this thread so far - to be despicable. Leaving Him alone would be a big step towards a little toleration for His followers, even the ones who make a pig's breakfast of the whole thing.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
rob_just_rob said:
The point behind mocking the powerful is to remind the thinking population to think, instead of just accepting.

Precisely. My point was that mockery, in some ways, works for these clowns because "any publicity is good publicity".