Leave our Chocolate alone you Americans.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Looks like Kraft have won our Long standing favourite chocolate Company CADBURYS and i ain't happy.

Keep it British is what we say.

Are Cadbury brands and jobs at risk?
That's the fear of politicians and unions. Labour MPs in Birmingham, where Cadbury is based, said they were "very concerned” about the threat to jobs. Cadbury has been independent for 180 years, and is one of Britain’s most famous companies. It employs almost 6,000 staff in the UK. Irene Rosenfield, the Kraft chief executive and chairman, has insisted her company has “great respect for Cadbury’s brands, heritage and people” and that Cadbury will “thrive as part of Kraft Foods”. Mr Carr declared himself “pleased with the commitment that Kraft Foods has made to our heritage, values and people throughout the world”.

Bollocks ^ watch this space and see all the trade and companies move overseas.

BAH!~!!:mad:

Irene Rosenfeld is a corporate twit. I saw the interview with her - she just wants to be the global leader in confectionery and shitty processed stuff.

Get your mitts off our creme eggs you greedy ho. And don't even think about shutting the Bournville site down, like you did to Terry's. :mad:

(Seriously tho - Cadbury's has a great reputation for treatment of workers...hope it doesn't get wrecked).

Last edited by a moderator:

Closet Donkey

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like Kraft have won our Long standing favourite chocolate Company CADBURYS and i ain't happy.

Keep it British is what we say.

Are Cadbury brands and jobs at risk?
That's the fear of politicians and unions. Labour MPs in Birmingham, where Cadbury is based, said they were "very concerned” about the threat to jobs. Cadbury has been independent for 180 years, and is one of Britain’s most famous companies. It employs almost 6,000 staff in the UK. Irene Rosenfield, the Kraft chief executive and chairman, has insisted her company has “great respect for Cadbury’s brands, heritage and people” and that Cadbury will “thrive as part of Kraft Foods”. Mr Carr declared himself “pleased with the commitment that Kraft Foods has made to our heritage, values and people throughout the world”.

Bollocks ^ watch this space and see all the trade and companies move overseas.

BAH!~!!:mad:

I'm totally with you on this one. Cadbury's is part of us, and they will never understand. I've tasted American chocolate and there is absolutely no comparison.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Irene Rosenfeld is a corporate twit. I saw the interview with her - she just wants ot be the global leader in confectionery and shitty processed stuff.

Get your mitts off our creme eggs you greedy ho. And don't even think about shutting the Bournville site down, like you did to Terry's. :mad:

(Seriously tho - Cadbury's has a great reputation for treatment of workers...hope it doesn't get wrecked).

I'm totally with you on this one. Cadbury's is part of us, and they will never understand. I've tasted American chocolate and there is absolutely no comparison.

Thanks for that guys, i feel totally pissed off, Cadbury's has been here for ever, we are losing more and more of our heritage and the extra glass and a half too.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I have to agree. When I used to travel over to the US a lot to visit cousins there I was always sent a huge order for chocolate to bring them. That spoke volumes.

People always seemed to rave about Hershey bars but they weren't racing with anything from Cadbury.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi' Tardi..
6/9 months ago Cadbury NZ tried to quietly change the NZ Chocolate recipe by introducing Palm Oil i(into a certain amount of there products) instead of the usual ingredients
MANY people quietly' objected...(as in switching to another brand).so many that Cadbury NZ quickly changed back to there original recipe,s.
No doubt another Kiwi will/could correct me on this, but thats the general gist of it all..
$$$ will win out, as we know in the Corporate buying up spree aye?? ha
-a year ago and they were shitting themselves and crying poverty..?
obviously NZ Cadbury is too small for the big corps to consider buying out...yet..and thank G.. or someone. for that.
enz

Thanks for that guys, i feel totally pissed off, Cadbury's has been here for ever, we are losing more and more of our heritage and the extra glass and a half too.

The Gov has had a policy of encouraging foreign takeovers over the last 10 yrs or so (BAA, Abbey, O2, Scottish Power, Powergen, Pilkington, P&0, QinetiQ, Westinghouse, Tetley, etc, etc.), thinking it would encourage investment. But...stupidly not realising that if decisions about the companies are made abroad, then jobs in the UK aren't gna be as high up their list of priorities as they would be if we kept control here.

Idiots.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
The Gov has had a policy of encouraging foreign takeovers over the last 10 yrs or so (BAA, Abbey, O2, Scottish Power, Powergen, Pilkington, P&0, QinetiQ, Westinghouse, Tetley, etc, etc.), thinking it would encourage investment. But...stupidly not realising that if decisions about the companies are made abroad, then jobs in the UK aren't gna be as high up their list of priorities as they would be if we kept control here.

Idiots.

So true joll, it so infuriating, can the daft bastards not see what they are doing?, its like the enemy within.

RedScrotum

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sorry you guys are losing Cadbury to an American company....Your feelings are probably similar to ours when Inbev bought Budweiser.
Years ago Kraft bought Oscar Mayer, we have a plant here in town...they spent millions to upgrade it and it is prospering.

Alaboner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You should stop being so greedy.

Also, those saying American chocolate isn't good, you've obviously no idea how much variety there is.

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't think won is a good term since billions of dollars were exchanged

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Kraft has been banned in our family kitchen since I was a little kid. Good food starts with fresh, good quality ingredients and Kraft has never delivered on either fronts. Overprocessed junk food is what they specialize in. Remember the disgusting Kraft recipes using their many near-food products they use to have on TV in the sixties and seventies? Cheezwhiz was pretty posh back then.

Anyhow, I feel sorry for you Brits losing Cadburys. The chocolate is not the best by any stretch, but I do love Fruit n Nut bars!

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm on the side of the Red Coats on this one. Cadbury is iconic of all things British, like a "wonderful cup of tea."

Although Kraftwerks has yet to ruin a good Toblerone bar, I can assure you they will never make inroads to change the taste of Mexico and Central America. You all realize, don't you, that caocao beans are native to this part of the world? Although they have the velly English-sounding name of Mayordomo, this is the company that keeps real chocolate (more than 70% ground roasted bean) on the map. Unlike Europeanized dark chocolate, the natives in the Americas prefer it mixed with ground cinnamon and dried chile. Whisked up in a cup of boiling water and you've got a concoction that makes you bleed from the ears -- but in a good way. Only the gentrified pussies putting on European airs mix it with milk, sugar, and serve it at about the same consistency of hot fudge syrup. Still good, though.

But back to Kraft. You know the world will have changed for the worst when you bite into a Cadbury Easter Egg and discover if filled with Miracle Whip or Cheese Whiz, instead of one of the various traditional white and yellow creams.

Fortunately, Hershey is still available throughout the world. They crank out a bitter sweet chocolate guaranteed to stop you from salivating.

Last edited:

Fortunately, Hershey is still available throughout the world. They crank out a bitter sweet chocolate guaranteed to stop you from salivating.

I was hoping Cadbury would team up with Hershey or Nestle, and launch a hostile counterbid for some of Kraft. :tongue: