Leave our Chocolate alone you Americans.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Did you really have to go there?? :mad:

But back to Kraft. You know the world will have changed for the worst when you bite into a Cadbury Easter Egg and discover if filled with Miracle Whip or Cheese Whiz, instead of one of the various traditional white and yellow creams.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think Cadbury's will do fine and the jobs here should be safe. The Cadbury brand is worth an estimated £3,000,000,000 and the business is very profitable. Why would Kraft be stupid enough to go changing the name of a brand which is valued so highly? And certainly why would they consider changing the ingredients for a moment? Milk chocolate is less common than cocoa chocolate in the global sweet markets so its daft to lose that niche.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think Cadbury's will do fine and the jobs here should be safe. The Cadbury brand is worth an estimated £3,000,000,000 and the business is very profitable. Why would Kraft be stupid enough to go changing the name of a brand which is valued so highly? And certainly why would they consider changing the ingredients for a moment? Milk chocolate is less common than cocoa chocolate in the global sweet markets so its daft to lose that niche.

KRAFT wouldn't change CADBURY recipes or anything that would tarnish the brand name at all. It is business common sense.

D

deleted3782

Soon, all the world will love our milky American corporate chocolate!

British Cadbury chocolate is the absolute best and tastes much better than the Cadbury's chocolate sold in Canada and the U.S. You can buy imported British Cadbury chocolate here, but it's insanely expensive (well worth it though for the true quality chocolate lover). I hope that Kraft doesn't do to Cadbury chocolate what Nestle did to Rowntree chocolate when they took them over many years ago. The quality of Aero, Kit Kat and Smarties have never been the same since.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Soon, all the world will love our milky American corporate chocolate!

:rofl:

I like HERSHEY's but if I had more munny...I'd buy TOBLERONES and GODIVAS.

You can get the CADBURY products in specialty import groceries in the States.

CADBURY'S are refined and a bit creative. CADBURY is definately a European +Australian brand. I have had some CADBURY bars. I have had the CARAMELLO...THE FRUIT NUT bar, THE CREME EGGS, and CRUNCHIE. I didn't like the textures and flavors. It is probably because I am used to American candy bars. I don't even like some American candy bars...like the 3MUSKETEERS.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cadbury's is some good damn chocolate but was always really unique tasting with a pronounced milk flavor... almost a tangy malted milk kind of thing. It also seemed to have a bit more sodium or sulphur content, than the other leading brands that we can get a hold of here in the states. But the strangest thing about Cadbury chocolate is it's chalky texture...always had a nice snap to it when biting it between the teeth too.

The KRAFT legacy foods from the 50's are some tasteless gems that are found in every middle class American home even to this very day... they make a turd, that's about all that I can say about them. When KRAFT merged with Duracell and Tupperware in the late seventies or early eighties, the food got absolutely abysmal.

I'm sorry guys, America seems to put it's stink on everything that we get our hands on.

In my opinion... for the money, MARS has the best cheap chocolate. A bag of M&Ms don't cost much yet the chocolate contained within is of a surprisingly good quality. It's all about the cocoa butter baby.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
But the strangest thing about Cadbury chocolate is it's chalky texture...always had a nice snap to it when biting it between the teeth too.

But that is the shits that makes me mad!!! I hate that chalky nice snap bite in Cadbury chocolate bars.

Europeans and Aussies should be concerned if in the future Cadbury chocolate bar started having Cheese Whiz or Velveeta centers.:smile:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I understand it, European and British food regulations are far stricter when it comes to chocolate than US regs. I doubt Kraft or any other American company could just impose an American recipe on the European market, much as they'd love to. Yep, British chocolate bars taste far better than their US equivalents (plus have what the industry calls a superior "mouthfeel"), and Belgian and Swiss chocolates are excellent. I always thought it odd that the best chocolate confections were made far, far away from where cacao actually grows.

US mass-marketed chocolate tastes very waxy and isn't up to international standards. Then again, it isn't regulated to nearly those standards. That's why I almost exclusively buy chocolate from small chocolate makers or small chocolatiers (resellers of others' fine chocolate).

San Francisco had a brief collective heart attack when Hershey's bought both Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker and Joseph Schmidt Confections, two of the finest boutique chocolate houses in all of North America. Whilst Hershey's didn't completely ruin Scharffen Berger, they did eliminate Schmidt 6 months ago. It had been a Castro institution.

The New York Times ran a piece a couple of years ago about the best chocolates in the world; top honors went to Galler Chocolatier. The first Galler retail outlet in the US was right here on Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale; I still buy chocolate there occasionally, but at $58 a pound (£79/kilo or €91/kilo) it's a rare treat. They're well-known for their Kattentongen/Langue de Chat line.

I think Britain and the rest of Europe, at least the EU, are pretty well protected on their chocolate quality, but expect any American company to push the envelope on what they can get away with to reduce costs and maximize profits.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope that Kraft doesn't do to Cadbury chocolate what Nestle did to Rowntree chocolate when they took them over many years ago. The quality of Aero, Kit Kat and Smarties have never been the same since.
Having said that, Yorkie is just as tasty as ever... :smile: