LeBron James on 60 minutes

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This guy just wreaks of class. At 24, he is as sharp and mature as any athlete I've ever seen at that age. He's even above Jordan at that age.

So nice to see that type of character, especially considering the image problem with most NBA athletes.

....and he's better than Kobe. Just sayin.

Apollo1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, Jordan was the prototype for the type of player and businessman that he is and strives to be.

As for being better than Kobe, that's neither here nor there. Kobe's got the rings though, so Mr. James still has some work to do.

Blessings

D

deleted157868

The rest of that episode was scary, with the hackers.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
From the ESPN website:

--------------------

November 6, 2008

James, who campaigned for Obama, arrived for Cleveland's game against the Chicago Bulls wearing a T-shirt with the president-elect's likeness on the front. James stayed home to watch the election returns, and when Obama won over Republican nominee John McCain, the 23-year-old stepped back and watched family members in their 50s and 60s break down in tears. "I asked them, how does it feel for them having gone through what they went through, going through slavery times and segregation times. A lot of people in my family said they would never see a day like this happen. But times have changed. I think it's unbelievable. It's a great day in history."

James recently met Obama when the two appeared on David Letterman's show. "He's an unbelievable guy," James said. "He's very smart and just very cool and collected. It seems like he would never let any situation get to him. I kind of like that in him." James also like the fact that Obama got in a hoop game in the hours leading up to his election. "They say that's a ritual for him, like me coming in early and getting a massage before the game," James said. "It got him prepared. The speech was, wow. If it takes basketball for him to say things like that, then let him do it."

James said he didn't cry during Obama's speech.

--------------------

I just wanted to share this moment will all posters. Barack Obama touches us all, great and small.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From the ESPN website:

--------------------

November 6, 2008

James, who campaigned for Obama, arrived for Cleveland's game against the Chicago Bulls wearing a T-shirt with the president-elect's likeness on the front. James stayed home to watch the election returns, and when Obama won over Republican nominee John McCain, the 23-year-old stepped back and watched family members in their 50s and 60s break down in tears. "I asked them, how does it feel for them having gone through what they went through, going through slavery times and segregation times. A lot of people in my family said they would never see a day like this happen. But times have changed. I think it's unbelievable. It's a great day in history."

James recently met Obama when the two appeared on David Letterman's show. "He's an unbelievable guy," James said. "He's very smart and just very cool and collected. It seems like he would never let any situation get to him. I kind of like that in him." James also like the fact that Obama got in a hoop game in the hours leading up to his election. "They say that's a ritual for him, like me coming in early and getting a massage before the game," James said. "It got him prepared. The speech was, wow. If it takes basketball for him to say things like that, then let him do it."

James said he didn't cry during Obama's speech.

--------------------

I just wanted to share this moment will all posters. Barack Obama touches us all, great and small.

You are something else, WT.:wink:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is better than Kobe at that age, but Jordan and him are close at age 24. Jordan lead the league in scoring at 37 points per game when he was 24. (James is at 28 ppg this year.) Although, Lebron's team is doing better than Jordan's team at that age. We'll have to wait and see if he can win 6 championships like Jordan.

I think all his tattoos may prevent him from becoming as well liked as Jordan, and Jordan just had a better look. But a few championships could change all that.