Left at the altar: What should I say to her?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She obviously doesn't think much of herself to be with someone like that. Nothing you can do about it. You have done all that you can so you now have to realize that some people are just wired for self destructive relations and thinking. I think it's a physical abnormality in the brain because I have seen seemingly normal, beautiful and smart people who have low self-esteem, when in fact they have alot more going for them than most people do.
I don't want to try to do anything about it. I want to figure out the best way to maintain my friendship with her, without having to compromise myself.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your suggestions are good, in terms of how I can express myself well to her. As for a flying visit, I'd have to plan to do more than visit them, and perhaps stay in a hotel and invite her out to lunch. It's an 8 hour drive, I think. It may be longer. I live in SE Florida, and they are in the middle of GA. I can't just run through.

Yeah, Helgaleena, I think if I visit, I'll stay in a hotel. My husband suggested having her visit us, alone. I think I really cannot deal with having to have any kind of relationship with her man ever again.

8 hours is definitely too far for a flying visit! I think a hotel is a good idea. Her visiting you is an even better one. I can understand your feelings toward her partner. I believe I would feel the same way.