Left Handed/Right Handed

D_f7utyfigh

1st Like
Media
OK , here's an informal survey. There has been some suggestion that gay men and women are more likely to be left handed, or left handed people are more likely to be gay. Please state whether you are left handed or right handed, and whether you are straight or gay. Me....gay and left handed. My bf is too.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm left-handed and gay. Plus, both of my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers, which is also thought to be related to being gay.

I thought everyone's index finger was longer than every finger except the middle? And where does one measure from? Holding my hand up, my two "highest" fingers are middle and index, yet my ring finger "starts" lower down on my hand. Should each finger be measured individually top to bottom?

joe531

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Scientists found that some straight women and gay men have longer index to ring ratios. But lesbians and straight men have longer ring to index. They think your ring finger's length indicates how much testosterone you got while you were in the womb.

You measure from the first crease that connects your finger to your palm.

On my left hand, my index finger is 1mm longer than the ring, while on my right hand, it's 2mm.

Last edited:

D_f7utyfigh

1st Like
Media
On closer inspection, they appear to be equal. Looking at them from the back of the hand the ring finger appears longer, but looking at it from the palm side and measuring from the crease the results are different.

joe531

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also find it interesting that the study showed that people with longer index to ring did better in literacy than math. That is me completely. I've never been good at math.

It's also why most girls do better in language skills than math since women naturally have i to r and men have r to i.