Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've decided to give shaving my legs a try. So far I'm liking the look but have hit a few snags and wouldn't mind a few tips.

My biggest problem right now is ingrown hairs on the inside of my thighs. Lots of them. My usual method is to use some Nair, shower, shave the remains and moisturize after drying off. I also moisturize after I wake up and before I go to bed. Any idea on how I can avoid the ton of ingrown hairs I'm having right now?

I've always thought that shaving against the grain was asking for trouble but from what I've read, this doesn't seem to be the case. Suggestions?

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Never use Nair. I think it CAUSES ingrown hairs. Not sure, but I got them too, never did before either and don't get many now. I use hot, hot water, then I use baby oil and a nice shaving cream, like Nivea

Buy Nivea for Men Shaving Gel, Sensitive Skin Online at drugstore.com

then go in the direction the hair grows in, until you've gotten it pretty smooth, then work it sideways, over the knees, creases, things like that. Finishing off with cold water closes your pores, so maybe that would help too...

Hope this helps! I love the feel of clean shaven legs, on me and on men. It's sweet! :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you a swimmer, drag queen, wrestler, or competitive body builder? :confused: If not, please leave your leg hair alone. :rolleyes:

I've never had an ingrown hair on my legs and I've been shaving my legs since I was like 11. :confused: It's always the last thing I do in the shower. Maybe the hot water helps to relax the hair follicle. I always use shaving cream as well. Though in a pinch I have been known to use shampoo. Maybe the frequency is the cause of the ingrown hairs? Maybe if you shaved more often it wouldn't have the opportunity to irritate you in that fashion.

I've decided to give shaving my legs a try. So far I'm liking the look but have hit a few snags and wouldn't mind a few tips.

My biggest problem right now is ingrown hairs on the inside of my thighs. Lots of them. My usual method is to use some Nair, shower, shave the remains and moisturize after drying off. I also moisturize after I wake up and before I go to bed. Any idea on how I can avoid the ton of ingrown hairs I'm having right now?

I've always thought that shaving against the grain was asking for trouble but from what I've read, this doesn't seem to be the case. Suggestions?