Legal medical marijuana

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Anyone else in a legal "medical marijuana" state? I live in Massachusetts and have a legal MMJ Patient card. I have a paralyzed stomach(gastroparesis) which qualifies me. So far in our state there are only three legal dispensaries open. None are close to me. So the law allows me to hire "private caregivers" to grow and supply me with medicine. It can only be done with direct delivery to my home.
It's actually working really well. I go to their websites and browse their menu. I call my order in. And they deliver the next day. All legal. The big website for the legal marijuana market is leafly.com. For example, here is the website of my favorite caregiver.(I just got an 1/2 ounce of Godberry) It's beautiful to look at and kills my nausea!
www.leafly.com: South Coast Caregivers Marijuana Delivery East Taunton, MA

Attachments

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
thanks for sharing the inf,o always been interested to hear from a genuine user of it for medicinal purposes
never use it nyself/sore throat etc ha, but always keen and pleased to hear that others do get great benefits from it
really sluts me off when backward politicians decide for others that its not for them

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Our state will probably legalize it at some point. The one question that doesn't seem to have been answered conclusively is whether or not it's as safe as the advocates claim it is. For sure, there are more than enough unsafe pharmaceuticals out there (opioids, anyone?). Are we sure we want to add another? The objections I heard were related to <TOS> being treated for specific conditions that were supposedly helped by mj, when in fact the mj posed more risks than benefits.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ontario-tells-medical-marijuana-users-they-can-light-up-anywhere-1448558933.jpg

HEALTH

www.reuters.com: Man who jumped White House fence facing charges: Secret Service

Ontario Tells Medical Marijuana Users They Can Light Up Anywhere — And Then Changes Its Mind

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Our state will probably legalize it at some point. The one question that doesn't seem to have been answered conclusively is whether or not it's as safe as the advocates claim it is. For sure, there are more than enough unsafe pharmaceuticals out there (opioids, anyone?). Are we sure we want to add another? The objections I heard were related to <TOS> being treated for specific conditions that were supposedly helped by mj, when in fact the mj posed more risks than benefits.

Opiate based prescriptions are extremely physically addictive. They're bad for the liver, the withdrawals can kill you. People are getting hooked on heroin now because of over-prescribing then cutting patients off. It's been studied and there's a correlation between legal scripts and illegal heroin use skyrocketing.

With pot, you get kinda irritable for a week and maybe have a couple nights you don't sleep as well as usual. I know this from personal experience. My whole family has been addicted to one substance or another my whole life. Of all the drugs I've seen people use regularly, marijuana is far less harmful in comparison to the other Shit we pump into our society.

Oh, and the only reason those questions haven't been answered 'conclusively' is because the government won't allow the 'credible' studies to even be performed. I myself can tell you from my own experience: When I had my ectopic pregnancy and had to terminate the fetus, they gave me 2 shots of methotrexate (probably spelled that wrong) and that shit made me sick for about 3 weeks. I couldn't stand up without needing to vomit. The ONLY thing that helped me keep my food down and regain my appetite, was smoking pot. I had the pills, I was getting medical treatment. I didn't get a medical script for my weed, but I didn't give a fuck. I was not going to suffer. My parents found me the best hash they could, and I was able to eat. Just because the assholes in congress won't approve a study doesn't mean there isn't plenty of evidence that shows how beneficial marijuana can be for someone suffering from pain/nausea or other fucked up medical problems.

I'm a firm advocate for the full legalization of marijuana worldwide for medical And recreational use. The war on drugs is a huge FAIL, and only caused billions of dollars to be spent, and hundreds of thousands of lives to be lost, while the drug use problem itself only got Worse.

Last edited:

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Opiate based prescriptions are extremely physically addictive. They're bad for the liver, the withdrawals can kill you. People are getting hooked on heroin now because of over-prescribing then cutting patients off. It's been studied and there's a correlation between legal scripts and illegal heroin use skyrocketing.

With pot, you get kinda irritable for a week and maybe have a couple nights you don't sleep as well as usual. I know this from personal experience. My whole family has been addicted to one substance or another my whole life. Of all the drugs I've seen people use regularly, marijuana is far less harmful in comparison to the other Shit we pump into our society.

Oh, and the only reason those questions haven't been answered 'conclusively' is because the government won't allow the 'credible' studies to even be performed. I myself can tell you from my own experience: When I had my ectopic pregnancy and had to terminate the fetus, they gave me 2 shots of methotrexate (probably spelled that wrong) and that shit made me sick for about 3 weeks. I couldn't stand up without needing to vomit. The ONLY thing that helped me keep my food down and regain my appetite, was smoking pot. I had the pills, I was getting medical treatment. I didn't get a medical script for my weed, but I didn't give a fuck. I was not going to suffer. My parents found me the best hash they could, and I was able to eat. Just because the assholes in congress won't approve a study doesn't mean there isn't plenty of evidence that shows how beneficial marijuana can be for someone suffering from pain/nausea or other fucked up medical problems.

I'm a firm advocate for the full legalization of marijuana worldwide for medical And recreational use. The war on drugs is a huge FAIL, and only caused billions of dollars to be spent, and hundreds of thousands of lives to be lost, while the drug use problem itself only got Worse.

I agree except for the part about opioid withdrawal. The chances of dying from it are very very slim, if at all. A person is much more likely to die from alcohol withdrawal. So far as I'm aware, alcohol withdrawal is the only addiction withdrawal that is potentially fatal.

I'm not sure I'm ready to go to full recreational legalization. The Colorado experience is showing mixed results, from what I've read.

Heroin is also cheaper than opioid medications.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I agree except for the part about opioid withdrawal. The chances of dying from it are very very slim, if at all. A person is much more likely to die from alcohol withdrawal. So far as I'm aware, alcohol withdrawal is the only addiction withdrawal that is potentially fatal.

I'm not sure I'm ready to go to full recreational legalization. The Colorado experience is showing mixed results, from what I've read.

I didn't say it was likely, just said it can... which is most certainly can. Alcohol is the most dangerous drug to withdraw from, I've had family die from it. I've also had family in the hospital from trying to quit pain-pills cold turkey. I've known many different kinds of addicts in my life. Meth, pills, heroin, alcohol, dxm, crack/coke, you name it I've seen it. Except PCP, not a lot of dust where I live.

I say if alcohol can be legal, as dangerous as that shit is, why in the Fuck are we still waiting to free Mary-Jane?
I'm not a criminal, but society says I am because I smoke a plant that makes me feel good. I'm aware of the risks, and I've experienced the benefits. Why shouldn't I have the right to grow and smoke my own pot if I'm not hurting anyone else? That's all I'm sayin'

Edited to add: I work a full time job as a contributing member of society. I keep to myself, and my use has no impact one way or the other on the well-being of others. No one profits from my use, no one suffers because of it. I should have every right to smoke my weed without worrying about being locked up for it like a criminal threat to society.

Reactions: malakos

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm in Cali and weed may as well be decriminalized here. The cops basically do not enforce the ban and getting a prescription is a cakewalk. Dispensaries are a dime a dozen, and tons of people are growing themselves.

Which I guess is great for people who it is helping.

Who it's not great for is me.

I have extremely bad reactions to even second-hand marijuana exposure. I get extremely dizzy almost instantly and it gives me a pounding headache along with the spins. I've had some real scares where some douchebag in front of me on the highway let's fly a massive plume of marijuana smoke out of their window which hits my car and immediately sends my head (and vision) into a topspin. The only solution for me is to literally just sit there and stare into space waiting for it to pass.

And before a resident MJ fan gets in my grill about it--yes, I've tried it. I've tried it quite a bit. And the experience has been consistently unpleasant and even dangerous.

As this drug becomes more commonplace, I hope we start being able to study it more openly so that people like me can be understood. I also hope there are safe places for people who have bad reactions to second-hand exposure.

While people love to make the alcohol comparison, one thing alcohol doesn't do is make the people around you automatically drunk. The recent popularity of vaporizers has actually been a boon for me personally--vapor doesn't travel the way smoke does and second-hand exposure is kept to a minimum even if they're vaping in the car in front of me.

That said, I've gotten used to driving with the air recycler turned on. I just can't risk it, and enough people are blowing smoke on the 101 to make me afraid of what might happen if I get hit with a plume during rush hour.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
AFAIK, it has now been decriminalized in a personal amount, though it remains illegal.
My understanding was that while it hasn't been decriminalized per se, it currently isn't being enforced, so it is basically de facto decriminalized regardless of the law. I could be wrong.

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My understanding was that while it hasn't been decriminalized per se, it currently isn't being enforced, so it is basically de facto decriminalized regardless of the law. I could be wrong.

That is sort of the federal situation.

I just looked this up and confirmed my suspicion. Regarding California state law, in 2010 a bill was signed (going into effect at the beginning of 2011) that reduced the penalty for possession of < 1 ounce of cannabis from a misdemeanor to an infraction. So yes, decriminalized for personal use (infractions are considered civil violations rather than criminal), yet still illegal, as they are still subject to a fine.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
[QUOTE="Guy-jin, post: 5784713, member: 162361"
I have extremely bad reactions to even second-hand marijuana exposure. I get extremely dizzy almost instantly and it gives me a pounding headache along with the spins. I've had some real scares where some douchebag in front of me on the highway let's fly a massive plume of marijuana smoke out of their window which hits my car and immediately sends my head (and vision) into a topspin. The only solution for me is to literally just sit there and stare into space waiting for it to pass.[/QUOTE]

I'm very Pro-Legalization, but I'm also very cautious not to push my use onto others, or impact anyone negatively with it. Any time someone who can't be around it happens to come around me I'm more than happy to stash the stash :D

I get really bugged when people try to pretend that no one could Ever have a bad experience with marijuana. It's a personal Choice, and if someone chooses to avoid contact, I respect that completely.

Reactions: malakos and Guy-jin

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had some real scares where some douchebag in front of me on the highway let's fly a massive plume of marijuana smoke out of their window which hits my car and immediately sends my head (and vision) into a topspin. The only solution for me is to literally just sit there and stare into space waiting for it to pass.

Legalized or not, smoking while driving should still be illegal. And, seriously, it might take public awareness campaigns to teach people that even though it's widely considered a "safe" drug, it's still not safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when you're high. At this point in our evolution, the vast majority of people probably realize you can't crack open a six pack of Bud during your morning commute. I'm not sure the vast majority of people feel the same about pot.

I've heard older guys say, "when we were in high school, we'd go out driving on a Saturday night with an open bottle of bourbon on the seat between us." Or talk about waking up the morning after a party and joke about whose lawn they parked on.

Reactions: Guy-jin

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Yeah, in that sense it's like alcohol. A buddy of mine used to toke up before driving out for work every day. His driving while high was apparently fine. That doesn't mean the same I strive for everyone.

In the same sense, I could drink a six pack and drive fine because I have high tolerance. Doesn't mean I do so.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my impression and speaking to the 2015 20yos, in NZ at least, and i can imagine WW apart from police state type countries hic'
appears that younger coppers who have/are experiencing/experimenting even have/arethe usde/abuse of it, legalioty of it or not, many use it i am told
so overall i believe its being tolerated and excused in many quarters

recreational, or esp medicinal, i am all for the nsatural substance
never touch it myself tho ha

the old 'turn a blind eye'
or the supposed
'to much paperwork' i dont want to be responsible for getting my peers a police record over a triviality, law or no law

just spoke to a senior detective the other day about it ..

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Legalized or not, smoking while driving should still be illegal. And, seriously, it might take public awareness campaigns to teach people that even though it's widely considered a "safe" drug, it's still not safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when you're high.

I think there should be a test for daily users. I have driven right after smoking weed, literally, Every single time I've Ever driven give or take 1-2 rare instances. It has absolutely No impact on my reaction time, or ability to pay attention. I've never been in an accident while I was driving. Not even a fender bender. My father was a heavy equipment operator for 25 years. Did his job stoned for the first 15 without incident. The only reason he stopped smoking on the job was because they started piss testing. The actual use never had any impact on his job whatsoever.

I'm not going to say anyone at any time should be able to light up and drive, in fact I'd say the minority of users would actually do this. All I'm saying is there's no reason to keep people like me off the road after I smoke because I'm basically still in a sober state of mind because of my tolerance.

Yes, I know this would just complicate things more for the system and yadayada.. but check this out:

Notice, i'm advocating for regular users who pass a verification test to drive After smoking, not smoking during driving.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'd be more than happy to take another driving test with a police officer and driving instructor after smoking a large amount of weed to prove I can still drive safely if it meant I could go about my daily business without feeling like I could go to jail any time I drive.

If readers can't tell, this is something I'm pretty passionate about. I'm not just some pot head who does nothing but lounge around and eat and who can't function like a normal, sober person in society. I know many people like myself, who are not a threat to society and who enjoy using weed on a regular basis. I just feel like we should be able to do that without being criminalized/punished for it.

Some may claim they wouldn't want their tax dollars paying city/state workers to perform these tests and bla bla, but it's not like our tax dollars don't get burnt the fuck up in this 'war on drugs' as it already is. I'd prefer my money be spent on managing driving safety than locking people up and killing each other over the same damn drug.

Last edited: