Legal Prostitution

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it should, I'm probably never gonna pay for sex but I don't really feel like it's a bad thing, sometimes people just need to have sex and there's no one around, plus if it's legal than there will be laws that will protect both the prostitute and the client.

Eating a burger isn't healthy but it tastes good, taking a dump isn't a nice experience but you love the relief right? paying for sex isn't ideal but an orgasm is an orgasm.

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So true, as it is with drugs as well. Legalize drugs and prostitution and you can pretty much eliminate 99% of organized crime and gangs.

The only other market I could see that would fund organized crime would be..... Seriously I got nothing!

The government or the private sector should create controlled environments where people could go, buy and use drugs in safe amounts. It could work very well and a lot of problems would be solved. The same thing would happen with prostitution if it was legalized, it would probably make it more profitable than ever, and plus the government could help prevent the spreading of deceases and profit from it too.

It's a win win situation on both ends, but obviously the people who passed those laws would be under attack by close minded people and winning a reelection is more important than the people.

nzsomebody

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's legal here throughout New Zealand. One of the main reasons for making it legal was to protect those that were getting themselves involved in the prostitution industry so they don't have to hide away and face the risks involved with being in those "hidden" areas - plus the government gets tax for it like any other service lol. It hasn't taken the country spiarling out of control but then again, New Zealand is a somewhat secular country.

The international media made a bit of a big deal of it recently when here in Christchurch the prostitutes were quite successfully marketing their services to all the earthquake relief workers who were down in the city en masse.

Jim22cm

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If it were made legal, I doubt if there would be very much of a market left for "human trafficking".

I'm a Dutch guy and here in the Netherlands prostitution is legal ...

But, that does not mean that all women in prostitution are in the game out of free will. Lot's of girls from the former Eastern bloc are working as a prostitute to get their passport back from the people that brought them to the Netherlands.
Another big problem are what became known as a so called loverboy in the Netherlands and Belgium. Those loverboys are boys who seduce innocent and very often insecure girls into a relation by spoiling the girls with gifts. Later on they force the girls into prostitution, using extreme violence if 'needed'.
Ask google for 'dutch loverboy' to get more info ...

I still I think prostitution should be legal, but thinking legalization will solve all problems in prostitution is just an illusion ....