Length giving her orgasms?

edhill: Like most otherwise intelligent men I am very fascinated by penis size and in particular
women's reactions. While in public very few women will admit any preference in penis size, in private they will admit to liking (not at the top of the list though) a large cock.
Anyway on to my question/point - can a longer penis sometimes be easier to bring a woman
to orgasm during intercourse.

Why I ask is that I had a girlfriend who I had an intense sexual relationship with. She enjoyed violent fucking (not just making love) for very long periods and also liked a large
cock. I am 6.5 x 6.5 - so average length and above average girth. She thought this was HUGE and loved the full feeling she got with penetration. Although she has cum from oral and manual activities, she rarely came through intercourse with me (any way fast,hard,slow,gentle). She had however cum regularly with another b/f who was longer but a lot thinner. She had thought that my girth made her feel very full and ironically almost dulled some sensations (I have been told this once or twice before). She much preferred our very intense love making and found it so much more of a turn on. More revently she had sex with a about my girth but longer and found she could cum regularly with intercourse with him. So that would rule out the girth possibility. I have found with other women that deep penetration stimulating the utterus can bring them to orgasm.

So its a bit long winded but ja think gals that length can make the difference.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm certainly not a gal but it is my experience that width may outperform length when it comes to female orgasm during intercourse.

The old story is that she's only going to feel the first couple of inches since those nerves are at the vaginal entrance and, although she might get some pleasureable sensation from cervical massage or bottoming out, the stretching/stimulation of the clitoral area due to excess width will make all the difference.

Pecker

Donk: I think the old story about feeling only in the first couple inches of the vagina is really a myth. My gf has a very keen sense of how deep into her I am at any given time and she can really tell the difference on the occasions when I thrust my entire length into her. But I really couldn't say whether length is more important or even as important as width in terms of producing orgasm. One thing I don't think is a myth is that what is really important is how you are using it. A woman can give herself an orgasm with a finger, so it seems like all but the tiniest penises should be able to do it if used properly.

sammygirly: Oh no, it's not a myth - it's fact. There are no active nerve endings past the first few inches of the vaginal canal until ... you hit the cervix. A woman can certainly feel how 'full' she is, but the essential nerves are at the beginning.

I think that you have to be careful coming to any conclusions based on one woman's experiences - because we're all different.

For example, I prefer girth to length - thicker the better...and if you hit my cervix hard, I'm done, roll over, say goodnight.

So - analyze HER based on this info, but not all of us

Donk: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1052395440;start=0#3 date=05/10/03 at 09:17:55]Oh no, it's not a myth - it's fact.  There are no active nerve endings past the first few inches of the vaginal canal until ... you hit the cervix.  A woman can certainly feel how 'full' she is, but the essential nerves are at the beginning.[/quote]

I don't question the fact that the active nerve endings only extend a few inches, but I think the part that is myth is the idea that this translates into no feelingof something going past where the nerve endings are. As you say, a woman can feel how "full" she is. This agrees with my experience.

I can't count the number of times I have seen sex "experts,"  basing their remarks on the placement of nerve endings, say things like a woman will feel no physical difference whether she has a 3" penis or an 8" penis inside her. I think any woman who has actually had sex must know this is B.S. (Granted, the difference in width between such penises might have more to do with it. But I bet most women could tell some difference even if the width was the same.) I don't have an explanation, except maybe that a penis that goes in past the nerve endings puts a tug on the flesh where the nerve endings are. (By comparison, like all men, the most sensitive nerves in my penis are at and around the head. But a tug at the base of my penis stimulates those nerves as well as the ones at the direct source of stimulation.)

I am well aware that not all women are the same and that, in many ways, my gf is unusual. (For example, unlike most girls she actually seems to enjoy it when I bang into her cervix. She winces as though it is painful but says she finds it pleasurable. Maybe she has a little masochistic streak.) But I stand by my main point that I believe that the general idea that a woman cannot sense any difference from penises of significantly different lengths (even before the longer one reaches the cervix) is a myth as applied to most women.

(I'm a one-woman man right now. But if my gf and I ever part ways, then I might undertake a more scientific study of the issue among a larger population of human females. :))

mindseye: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=meetgreet;num=1052395440;start=0#3 date=05/10/03 at 09:17:55]Oh no, it's not a myth - it's fact.  There are no active nerve endings past the first few inches of the vaginal canal until ... [/quote]

I'll buy this; however, I'm not convinced that it's always applicable. There are nerve endings in other organs that surround the vagina, and some of these may still receive indirect stimulation.

Here's a thought experiment to get my point across: Grab a pencil in your right hand. Using your left hand, pull on the pencil without your hands actually touching. Can your right hand feel it?

Even though the pencil has no nerve endings, it still transmits the forces that your left hand applied to the tissue in your right hand that surrounded the pencil.

Since women have nerve endings in their bladder, their bowels, their abdomen, and all these other tissues around the vagina, it seems reasonable to infer that at least some women are capable of feeling these indirect sensations well past the first few inches of the vaginal canal.

Just a conjecture, anyway.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I have to agree with both Donk and Mindseye.

The feeling of fulness is to do with length as well as width.  Why am I, as a man, so sure about this aspect of female sensation?

-- Because I know very well what happens if I refrain from going in to my usual depth.  The longer I tease her by holding back, the more she seems desperate for more of me and tells me so in no uncertain terms ... which news is always good for a man to hear  ;)

rainfletcher: My own experience with my girlfriend is that she is very much aware of how much I've got inside her. I know she is unusually sensitive, but there are all kinds of 'spots' inside her at different depths that are pleasurable. When I bottom out, if I go in at different angles, I can feel different spots, all of which drive her mad. Many times, when I'm bottomed out, I can move my cockhead back and forth which REALLY drives her mad.

However, there are many 'spots' on the walls of her vagina that are also sensitive. This may be, as someone else said, the feeling of her urethra or bladder being massaged (if they have nerves...), I'm not sure. But she can very much feel how much of me is inside her. Maybe not to the nearest inch, but probably to the nearest 25%.

Maybe we should consider this - in long term sexual relationships, could it be that the woman gets used to our dicks, and becomes more sensitive to them? Like, they know what to expect, and what different things feel like? Maybe, at the beginning, it's harder to tell...

SchroederJr: And while we're on the topic, how does size effect gay guys? I mean, does a length stimulate the prostate more or something? I've always kinda wondered that.