Length,length,length...what of girth and width?

Winger: Hey y'all,

It is my belief that men are generally fixated by the length of their penis. So hung up are guys on this facet of size that many miss the factor of their girth or width. For example almost all surveys on size, articles in magazines, conversations etc. focus almost exclusively on length witha passing mention on girth.

What I'd like to know is what is considered a good girth or width?

When I'm fully erect my girth is about 5.3 inches(although it does get a touch bigger sometimes,up to 5.5" this seems to be the sort of mean girth.) and the width is 1.8 inches.

Of course as the penis is not a perfect cylinder you can't work out width directly from circumference. Even when my girth fluctuates slightly the width never seems to increase or decrease, it's always 1.8" for some reason...damn that last 0.2 of an inch!!!

So ladies and gentlemen, in the way its done with length (ie small+3-5, average =5-6") how would you bracket girth/width? and what is a good measurement?

Peace
W

hung_big: I would estimate the average girth is about 5-6", but don't quote me on that. You can figure below and above average from there.

As for what you say about girth and how men tend to be more fixated on the length of their penis that is quite true. In fact, logically the girth would be more important, considering it is what the woman/man tends to feel when being pentrated. The girth is what stretches and stimulates for the most part.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
An average girth is 5
a much more sizable one is 6.

most people i've met fall between those two.

NelsonMuntz84: I'm 7.5" around at my thickest point. Thankfullyalthough I have obviously had to be very careful, with my gf and I being patiant at times, it hasn't been to much of a problem.

6" around is 'big' without question, 5" average. I think its fair to say half an inch jump in thickness makes a huge difference in comparision to half an inch more in length terms which people would barely notice at times.

bzyrch: I personally think anything over 8-9 inches in length is only good for show. I wouldn't want to be any longer than that and have to give up the possibility of full penetration. Girth, however, is of utmost importance. I guess it's possible to be too thick, but I have yet to see a (natural) cock that meets that description. I'm pretty thick myself and I'd still love to be even thicker.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with bzyrch on the length issue and find that girth is underestimated. I am 6" around and have found that it is more than enough. I have gotten many compliments on my girth (length as well) but I think I'd rather be thick like EricBear and shorter than long and very thin.

PS--here's a link to a paper ruler that can be printed and used for measuring your girth:

Ruler

JoeWide2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Girth and Width, though spoken of less frequently than length, may even matter more.

To open a women up to new pleasure is a wonderful thing.

JoeWide2
2.5 wide, 6.75 around
(8.25 long)

Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media
Originally posted by JoeWide2@Mar 13 2005, 09:23 PM
Girth and Width, though spoken of less frequently than length, may even matter more.

To open a women up to new pleasure is a wonderful thing.
This is borne out by several studies: The British magazine Forum conducted an extensive survey amongst women in the 1970's. The question was "If you could make your partner's penis longer OR thicker (but not both) which would you choose?" Over 90% of women responded "Thicker". This was confirmed by a poll I conducted here on LPSG back in 2003 where the vast majority of respondents voted for more girth. The male fixation with length over girth is a red herring.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Average girth is actually around 4.8" you can call it 5"

I would actually like a thicker penis more than a longer one, or really I want a lot more girth but only a little more length. I'd like it to be in proportion, not a short thick thing more like a baseball bat in my undies :p

My penis is 6" thick :D

And yes girth is what people should treasure more than length but maybe thats because there are less variations in girth (?)...maybe. Or girth isnt always a straight forward thing like my penis isnt 6" around in all places...Length is just easier to measure and quantify...

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been blessed with both length and girth. When the women I've been with have commented on my size, they've mentioned both, but say that I'm one of the thickest they've ever had. A couple of my former girlfriends were very 'sexually experienced', and had seen and enjoyed their fair share of men.

Way back I bought one of those condom variety packs that are advertised in magazines. It was great trying out all the different brands and styles, but I soon learned that 'shaped' and 'snugger' meant 'pain-in-the-ass-to put-on'! One japanese brand, which I forget the name, was almost impossible to use and was not comfortable. I would have thrown them out if I had any of the normal sized ones on hand! When Trojan Large and Magnums were finally introduced, it was great to finally use a condom that went on with no effort at all. I'm going to have to try the 'They Fit' custom sized condoms as everyone that has mentioned them seems to like them a lot.

LapDog :p

pippi

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
More girth also would be on the top of my list, if i could change anything about my penis. It looks better, it feels better and i dont like blowjobs that much. So i could live without them, but for sure would enjoy a wide cock.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by pippi@Mar 19 2005, 08:18 AM
More girth also would be on the top of my list, if i could change anything about my penis. It looks better, it feels better and i dont like blowjobs that much. So i could live without them, but for sure would enjoy a wide cock.
[post=292161]Quoted post[/post]​

Pippi is absolutely right, in my experience ... girth is good, but if you're str8 and offer anything much above 6-6.5" around the tradeoff is very few women capable of giving blowjobs.

Steve

NikkiSixx: A slight problem is that a thick cock looks shorter than a thin cock of the same length...

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by NikkiSixx@Mar 21 2005, 08:16 AM
A slight problem is that a thick cock looks shorter than a thin cock of the same length...
[post=292570]Quoted post[/post]​

True, although that kinda misses the original point of the thread, which is that length isn't the only dimension to be concerned with. Given the choice (as if!!), I'd choose the size that feels more impressive to a woman (slightly shorter and thicker) over the one that looks more impressive to other guys in the locker room (slightly longer and thinner).

Steve ;)

FonsworthBentleyIII

Just Browsing
Media
7.2x6, 2.2inch wide

its funny actually, since joining this forum my girth has went from 5.6 to 6. But i guess my penis is still developing, I turned 19 in jan and little before that I useto be 6 or so inches long. LLooking down on it, it does'nt look that big. but when I look at it through a mirror or draw an outline, it looks quite thick. Nevertheless 8 inches long would be just perfect and a little more girth too. IMO lexman has a great looking wang, the length and thickness are superb.

Also, i hear girth is related to the thickness of your fingers.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by FonsworthBentleyIII@Mar 21 2005, 07:00 PM
Also, i hear girth is related to the thickness of your fingers.

You'll also hear that there's a correlation between one's penile dimensions and one's nose, fingers, shoe size, spleen, etc. Don't believe it; that's all utter caca de toro.

oriental-lad

Experimental Member
Media
I'm 5.5" long but 6" thick. I've had compliments on my girth and am happy with that. But of course, like most would like a couple extra inches on the length. Still, bearing out what's been said here, am glad I do have the thickness.