Leon Penetta ... Obamabots... justify.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for whether the Clintons got re-elected, apparently not. But if you think so, you would also think that George H.W. Bush got re-elected with George W. Bush, given how the latter packed the White House, cabinet, and subcabinet jobs by recycling people from the Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations? Did the Bushes get re-elected in 2000? Yes, in more ways than one, but it's too bad that the son was so stupid, ideological, mindlessly religious, lazy, etc., that he made his father look like Abe Lincoln by comparison.

Actually I recall a TON of Repubs geeked at the Cheney nomination. They weren't sure about Bush Jr, but once Cheney was appointed you knew it was the same guard.

Here in California... Der Govenah Schwarzenwhathisface has been pretty much Pete Wilson Part 2. This is typical in both parties... but it wasn't the GOP selling "new blood" a la change this time around.

Funny you bring this up... as I guarantee.. no GUARANTEE you... that Bush's post-presidential approval rating regarding his terms will rise well above 50% in 4 years.

Hell, Carter left with a 31%... and Americans somehow hold his presidency at 64%. WTF? Man the Nobel Prize is joke.... Public Enemy said 911 Is A Joke... FK says the Nobel Prize Is A Joke.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an Obamabot, I was immediately PISSED off when I heard about the nomination. What the fuck is going on with the Clinton people? It's like they have something on Barack Obama and are bullying him into taking on anyone that they want him to. They are coming down hard on Obama and he is acquiesing everytime... why? I just don't understand it.

But on the other hand, he was in charge of intelligence at Ford Ord when he was in the Army. He also doesn't believe that torture gets any useful intelligence and was a vocal critic of Bush's policies on the use of enhanced interrogation techniques. As Cheif of Staff to Clinton, he did get to sit in on the intelligence briefings and so isn't much of a bad pick... I mean, most of our CIA directors don't have any spying in their background.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Love the avatar, tripod.
I'll make sure not to wear new shoes around you. :biggrin:

That bad mutherfucker is gonna be comin' back in this bitch ass world sooner or later... I think there might be a little Colonel in all of us.

Is it just me or does Tom Dubois look like Barack Obama? lol!!!

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As an Obamabot, I was immediately PISSED off when I heard about the nomination. What the fuck is going on with the Clinton people? It's like they have something on Barack Obama and are bullying him into taking on anyone that they want him to. They are coming down hard on Obama and he is acquiesing everytime... why? I just don't understand it.

But on the other hand, he was in charge of intelligence at Ford Ord when he was in the Army. He also doesn't believe that torture gets any useful intelligence and was a vocal critic of Bush's policies on the use of enhanced interrogation techniques. As Cheif of Staff to Clinton, he did get to sit in on the intelligence briefings and so isn't much of a bad pick... I mean, most of our CIA directors don't have any spying in their background.

I kind of agree with the first half of your post. Thing is, if we do have a terrorist attack...do you know how much shit he's going to take for sticking Panetta in that position? Definite head scratcher.

I don't believe sitting in on intel meetings does much of anything...with respect to leading that organization

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So YET ANOTHER Clintonista... Barrah has already thrown the "change" rhetoric out the perverbial window. Ya'll got duped, but whatever, by gones are by gones. But for the "hope" side... I want to see what he has in store. If it's all about "restoring rights... blah blah" then we are in for bad due... but I'm more interested to hear from the Obamabots here why he's a decent appointment... I think he could be, but it's like appointing Gen Wesley Clark to head up HUD... some great (and suspect) character, but more of the whuuuuu?

I know you from chat and you've always been nice to me and others there. I might comment "intellectually" and "academically" to your post if you worded this more as you do when you're in chat -- "Leon Panetta -- Why?" or just "Leon Panetta," along with some other "edits/changes" in the body of your posting.

This truly isn't any attack on you. I'd just welcome more of a "neutral" posting from someone like you who is obviously intelligent, social, possessive of a fine vocabulary, and polite.

I'm not an "Obamabot," a Clinton-supporter (of either one), a Democrat, a liberal, left-wing, an extremist, or a "member" of any group/affiliation who would be offended personally. However, I just wish *EVERYONE* would be more "neutral" -- and I'm addressing you because we have encountered one another in chat (although not at great lengths) and I think (at least I hope!) you will not consider this a personal jab or harassment or an attack in any way.

CLYDE

Last edited:

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So YET ANOTHER Clintonista... Barrah has already thrown the "change" rhetoric out the perverbial window. Ya'll got duped, but whatever, by gones are by gones. But for the "hope" side... I want to see what he has in store. If it's all about "restoring rights... blah blah" then we are in for bad due... but I'm more interested to hear from the Obamabots here why he's a decent appointment... I think he could be, but it's like appointing Gen Wesley Clark to head up HUD... some great (and suspect) character, but more of the whuuuuu?

You're a broken record.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing wrong with Clintonistas. The 8 yrs of the Clinton Administration were some of the best years of my life. I can't say the same thing for the Bush years.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing wrong with Clintonistas. The 8 yrs of the Clinton Administration were some of the best years of my life. I can't say the same thing for the Bush years.

I agree... they were the best years of my life and these last 8 have been the worst.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey guys, for most people their best years, most fun, most exciting...are in their 20's. The pres has very little to do with your life in your 20's. You hit your 30's and the onus of responsibility, career, planning, etc., add pressure and create a host of other issues....partying and getting laid in your 20's isn't real stressful.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey guys, for most people their best years, most fun, most exciting...are in their 20's. The pres has very little to do with your life in your 20's. You hit your 30's and the onus of responsibility, career, planning, etc., add pressure and create a host of other issues....partying and getting laid in your 20's isn't real stressful.

Sshhhh Star... I conveniently left that out for effect! lol!!! I actually had a pretty damn good time from 1999-2003 though... :smile:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I bet you did:wink: I can barely remember my 20s, but what I do remember...was funkin awesome:biggrin1:

You have a great physique now, but I'll bet it was righteous in your 20's... which most likely meant pussy, pussy and more pussy!!!!!

Ahhh... those were the days when all we had to do was fucking LOOK at a girl and it was ON! lol!!!! :tongue: