Leona Helmsley Leaves Billions To Dogs

D

deleted15807

I'm speechless. She is no longer the Queen of Mean.

July 2, 2008

Helmsley Left Dogs Billions in Her Will

By STEPHANIE STROM

Sure, the hotelier and real estate magnate Leona Helmsley left $12 million in her will to her dog, Trouble. But that, it turns out, is nothing much compared with what other dogs may receive from the charitable trust of Mrs. Helmsley, who died last August.

Her instructions, specified in a two-page “mission statement,” are that the entire trust, valued at $5 billion to $8 billion and amounting to virtually all her estate, be used for the care and welfare of dogs, according to two people who have seen the document and who described it on condition of anonymity.

Leona Helmsley’s Fortune May Go to Benefit Dogs - NYTimes.com

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
These people who leave money to animals are soo fucking dumb! Do they seriously think that the animal is gonna get or enjoy a penny of it? Its the lawyers & the guardians of the animal that will suck up all the cash. That money could literally save lives worldwide. Fucking assholes. Shouldn't even be legal to do such crap...

D

deleted15807

I applauld her efforts. And I am certain a good bit of it will go to helping/saving dogs. It would be against the law to no honor her wishes.

D

deleted15807

The dog was probably the only genuine unconditional thing in the woman's life.

Hopefully her wishes will be honored. I don't agree with leaving that much money to an animal however.

There are many ways the trustees could spend the Helmsley money on dogs. National groups like the Humane Society of the United States and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have programs dedicated to dogs, and many smaller local groups rescue abandoned and abused dogs.

At $5 billion or so — the trust will be worth almost 10 times the combined assets of all 7,381 animal-related nonprofit groups reporting to the Internal Revenue Service in 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not that I don't love dogs, 'cause I do.

But 5-8 billion dollars? There are many human illnesses that could benefit from 1/10th of that money. I guess she really did hate people.

D

deleted15807

Yes but millions of humans aren't 'put to sleep' just because they've become inconvenient...uhhh I have allergies....uhhh we're moving....uhhhh I want a prettier dog....uhhh don't have tiime.....uhhh too he's too big............the list is endless.

The Gates Foundation has an endowment of 38 billion for humans. I think that's plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted213967

There are many ways the trustees could spend the Helmsley money on dogs. National groups like the Humane Society of the United States and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have programs dedicated to dogs, and many smaller local groups rescue abandoned and abused dogs.

At $5 billion or so — the trust will be worth almost 10 times the combined assets of all 7,381 animal-related nonprofit groups reporting to the Internal Revenue Service in 2005.

They could buy 3 hours worth of Super Bowl commercial spots every year until 2508 and still not dent their marketing budget...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As I understand the news story, she was going to leave something for the poor as well, but that got changed somewhere along the way.

D

deleted15807

As I understand the news story, she was going to leave something for the poor as well, but that got changed somewhere along the way.

Yep orginally they were in there but she chopped them out later.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Believe it or not, I wrote her while she was in prison. Did I ever hear anything from her? :confused:
No. I bet it got lost in the mail.:rolleyes:

Just like when Elvis was alive....I wrote him a note telling him I had all his 45's (records) and would like to have a jukebox. I'm still waiting....might as well give-up. :dunno:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It was her money and she has the right to do with it what she wants. She hated people and people hated her. I guess she felt that the dogs loved her.

She also cut out some of her grandchildren from the will. It is their own fault, I would have been very nice to her and ignored her old gitness as mental illness.

Anyway I recently heard that the amount was cut down in court.

Dogs usually only live about 15 years at most. Hopefully the money will go to charity when they are gone.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Absolutely fucking disgusting. How can anyone excuse this? 5-8 BILLION dollars.

To her dogs.

Surely a million would have covered their posh food, grooming and kennel palaces? Even that would have been an outrageous amount to any sane person.

What a fucking bitch. All the good this money could have done, and for sure, you can betcha that most of it will be hoovered away surreptitiously.

Unless she owned 100 million dogs of course.

D

deleted15807

Absolutely fucking disgusting. How can anyone excuse this? 5-8 BILLION dollars.

To her dogs.

Surely a million would have covered their posh food, grooming and kennel palaces? Even that would have been an outrageous amount to any sane person.

What a fucking bitch. All the good this money could have done, and for sure, you can betcha that most of it will be hoovered away surreptitiously.

Unless she owned 100 million dogs of course.

The money is to go to charities that help dogs NOT to HER dogs.

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The money is to go to charities that help dogs NOT to HER dogs.

Well she had some braincells left then. Still, all those billions going to animal charities alone, when there are so many impoverished people in the world. If you saw a child dying in the street, and a dog...who would you help first? The answer is pretty obvious. To me, her actions are disgraceful. Fucking rich bitch.

I read that she left $12 million to her white maltese 'Trouble', but the Judge overruled this and gave $2 million to the dog, and $6 million each to her 2 disinherited grandchildren. His reason? He believed she was 'mentally incompetent'.

I should say so.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That stupid bitch spent time in jail for nothing. She didn't need that extra money that should have gone to pay her taxes. She couldn't take it with her.

D

deleted15807

Well she had some braincells left then. Still, all those billions going to animal charities alone, when there are so many impoverished people in the world. If you saw a child dying in the street, and a dog...who would you help first? The answer is pretty obvious. To me, her actions are disgraceful. Fucking rich bitch.

I read that she left $12 million to her white maltese 'Trouble', but the Judge overruled this and gave $2 million to the dog, and $6 million each to her 2 disinherited grandchildren. His reason? He believed she was 'mentally incompetent'.

I should say so.

Curious. How do you know she was a 'bitch'? Misogyny is rampant here. What is the male equivalent to 'bitch'?

Everyone is entitled to choose their own cause. You can choose to feed people in Africa or give all your money to your children or give money to help charities that help dogs. It is not a zero-sum game.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We know she was a bitch from reports of the way that she treated people in such a shitty way. That permanent scowl on her puss was not from being pleasant all day. A male bitch is called a bitch or an asshole...IMHO.

D

deleted15807

Her parting shot proves she was no bitch at all. She could have done what the rich almost always does and keep it to themselves. They search high and low for methods to pass it on without anyone else getting their hands on it.