Les Paul, Dead @ 94

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rock guitar pioneer Les Paul dies
Les Paul, whose pioneering electric guitars were used by a legion of rock stars, has died at the age of 94. Mr Paul died from complications of pneumonia in New York, according to Gibson, the firm that sold his guitars.

He is credited with developing one of the first solid-body electric guitars, which went on sale in 1952 and contributed to the birth of rock. He also developed other influential recording innovations such as multi-track recording and overdubbing. And he was credited with inventing the eight-track tape recorder. U2 guitarist The Edge, Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page, Guns N' Roses star Slash and The Who's Pete Townshend are among those closely associated with the Les Paul sound.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I gave mention of it in your birthday tribute thread to him Happy Birthday Les Paul.

I had considered opening a new thread; but, decided against it when I saw how few responses the b-day thread had yielded.

Sad to see him go, however, he had a long rich life and gave us wonderful new technologies.

glaschu

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
He was a truly amazing man and hopefully people will get to know of just how much he as a technologist aswell as a musician contributed to our music culture.