Less masturbation = Higher chance of getting my wife pregnant?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Rufus_D_Dufus, Sep 2, 2011.

1. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

My and wife and I finally decided to talk about children. We think it's time that we start trying and she has decided to stop taking her birth control.

So, I was wondering if I masturbated less would we have a higher chance of getting pregnant?

2. monel

Gold Member

No.

3. MickeyLee

Gold Member

nope.

regular masturbation will actually increase your chances of conception. the longer sperm linger, the more chance of malformation of head shape... slowing down motility, and the like.

frequent masturbation keeps the turn over rate high, and ya sperm healthy.

you might want to avoid masturbation 3-4 hours prior to sex for optimum sperm count. other than that... beat it like it owes you money.

4. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

Some people say that a man who masturbates more than once a day will tend to deplete his sperm count.
    It makes sense to me that there would be a frequency of masturbation that would exceed the body's capacity to replenish sperm.
    Whether once a day is the borderline frequency or not, I don't know.

5. MickeyLee

Gold Member

sperm are like shark's teeth.. there are always a new row waiting to step up :biggrin:

6. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

Well, I wanna believe that ....

Sure, Mickey ... ur rite.
    Ur allus rite.
    ;-)

7. MickeyLee

Gold Member

urrmm, no, the Mayo Clinic is right. :smile:

is not like your nuts store one batch of sperm, you blow and boom, no more sperm.
    sperm in a constant cycle maturing. one load goes out, the junior league steps up.

those lil tubes, ya ones ya could stretch out like 50' if you unraveled them.. full of sperm at various stages of development. is truth.

yeah, you wank upward of 8 times a day you might well have a sperm crisis, with eggs cells standing in line to be fertilized. other than that.. no the case.

cuz if it was, jerking off would be birth control... and not in the sad "can't get laid" way jerking off is birth control usually.

8. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

Well, you're admitting there might be a frequency that would cut down on your sperm delivery.
    My question is: What is that frequency?
    You should quote from the Mayo Clinic.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about once a day not doing a number on one's sperm count.
    But what is the frequency for most people?

Gotcha.
    But maybe couples who've had difficulty getting preggers are foiled by the guyz already low sperm count ... and very frequent masturbation, in such cases, could contribute to the problem.
    I dunno, Mix.
    I'd like to know.

9. MickeyLee

Gold Member

true. if there were previous issues with conceiving, caused by a low sperm count, then masturbation should probably be limited.

there is still the trade off, which is better - fewer healthy sperm, or more sperm with morphology/motility issues?

how much masturbation would it take to decrease a man's sperm count... varied from man to man? factoring in general health, diet, underwear :tongue: genetics and the like.

*sigh* i'd need several male volunteers for a control group, a strict wanking schedule and a microscope to answer with any more certainty.

10. ConanTheBarber

Gold Member

Ur just the most enterprising little ladee.
    Are you sure 'bout those persentujus?:cool:

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

*eyes percentages* some days are more like 98/2% :tongue1::wink:

12. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

when my wife and I wanted to have children, we thought about having a boy first. we followed the old "jewish recipe" (even tho neither of us is jewish). we abstained from sex for about 2 wks prior to that time in the month when a woman is at her peak ovulation. it wasn't easy waiting. when the day finally arrived, we did nothing but screw. I shot large loads normally but the wife said these were biggger than normal. we screwed 16-17 times in 3 days, and she got pregnant. and we had a boy. almost 30 yrs ago.

13. jeff2982

jeff2982 New Member

Albums:
    Yeah, just to concur with the previous guys. It's true that masturbating depletes the sperm count, but old sperm are tired. It's the newest sperm that are the ones that are gonna do the fertilizing and those are constantly replenished.

14. pepinogrande

pepinogrande Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I would never attempt a pregnancy without having a full set of genetic tests done.
    You and your wife need to sit down with an expert and see what your chances are of a healthy child; maybe when you hear, you might want to adopt.
    If you do get a clearance, issues like both partners refraining from smoking, alcohol, drugs for a number of weeks first before conception and for the mother complete cessation during the pregnancy.
    Ideally, both partners need a complete medical and nutritional work-up before conception....work with physician to determine best protocol for insemination.

15. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I only know that the missionary position is optimal for conception and that she should try to hold the semen in after "it".

16. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Yep, like other people on here have said, your sperm that are the youngest tend to be the fastest swimmers. So if you fuck a lot over a few days, I'm sure one of your guys will get the job done successfully.

17. D_Tess_Tease

D_Tess_Tease Account Disabled

nothing like a good oldfashioned bent over doggy fuck to get that load waaaay inside.

18. ArchKnight

ArchKnight Member

Oh come on... don't you think you're taking it just a bit too far?
    If every couple in the world did all this... we would have far less children in the world - not necessarily a bad thing though! :biggrin1: ... but my point is... don't make things more complicated than they need to be...

19. danjs584

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
Draft saved Draft deleted