Lesson From Dad At The Age Of 18+

O

OldFirm08

LOL,,,no 'sex talk' at all, just a mumbling of something about 'as you grow up and feel urges. don't touch yourselt'. Yup. pretty strict backwards closed up Catholic upbringing.

Reactions: cadmanken

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One thing I still remember now and after all though years, is that my foster dad, whom I stayed with and his family during my freshman year in high school, was that he suggested me to use Vaseline when I want to "playing" with myself, after he mentioned of using Vaseline, he used his left hand in jerking off motion. Back then high technologies were not available like today.

SamMann75

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
How to apply for conceal carry

How to leave the car up the driveway when you come home drunk so momma don't hear the engine and you don't hit the fence closer to the house

How to negotiate with car salesmen, put in enough time so they know you are really interested, but when to walk away. You gave them your number, next week when they are looking at month end sales #, he'll call you with a better deal

Sex talk... he found a condom in the car, said do you know how to use it, I said yes, he said make sure you DO use it then, I said that's why I buy them, he said don't be so stupid to leave it in the car where your momma might find it, if I found it she would

D

deleted814719

I took a job with a company when I was 28 but with the understanding that I could very likely be relocated due to the fact that the company had operations nationwide. My wife and I had one son at the time - the only grandchild. Well, with a few months of being hired, I was notified that I'd be relocated 1200 miles to another facility. My mother cried for days thinking that I was "taking her grandchild". My dad took me aside and said, "son, you have to take care of your family in the best way possible", which meant that I should relocate and earn a living. He also advised me to work hard, keep my nose clean, and take every assignment given with a "can-do" spirit.

His advice stuck with me throughout my career. As a result, I was able to retire at age 55. Hard work, a little luck, and fatherly advice did the trick.

Bourbon34f

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So we were at my dad’s place for the superbowl. We each had dates. Mine was another one of my athletic fwb. His was an older lady, quite stacked up top. When we both were in the kitchen, me getting another beer, him freshening up his bourbon he asked me why I always went with the “small chested” gals. I laughed and told him I thought they gave better head, having to make up for no tits to play with… He said it was more fun to find both tits and great head and laughed. Side note… dad was only 57 when he passed away. I think I cherish the times we were doing adult stuff together most of all.

D

deleted15423681

My dad died when I was 17 so there was not much guidance to life given beyond bitching about home repair methods. I gained my life's lessons through the school of hard knocks. Not many family role models, male nor female, existed in my family. I learned from watching other's mistakes and connecting the dots. I envied other father/son bonds in gyms, sporting events etc. I did intervene in one friend's meltdown with his son bringing him back to understanding the bigger picture of fatherhood. That strengthened our bond as well. I did offer to buy condoms and give guidance to nephews whose parents refused to recognize their sons' sexual explorations. Such is life. You just deal with it all, helping where one can, hoping you don't screw up too badly!