Lessons learned at LPSG

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I hope you know I know how you feel, Naughty, you know? But there are more than a few of us here who value friendships enough to be there when times are tough while others are stamping their feet and pointing.

Keep being yourself, dear. You're indeed dear to us.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have been on this site for almost five years and I have just as recently as this evening realized a very important lesson. You can not trust anyone. Feeling shift opinions change and a word spoken in anger or frustration may somewhere down the line morph into a whole new life you never intended it to have. So again no matter how careful you think you are mind the words that you say in public and private. Does anyone else have any thing to say?

Okay here it goes from a nood that posts stupid shit and is acused of being a troll.

The only people you can really trust is your family. Some close friends too.

On line I don't count on people for trust. I don' think I ever would. I realize that you made a blanket statement. I don't know what this is referring to, but if it is a disagreement with someone on here that did not take your side, I hope you can both get past the situation; or that you feel comfortable just letting go of what you thought was a friendship.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And in the long run, the long-term reward of finding the gems out there who handle my trust respecfully, far outweigh the temporary setback of having it betrayed by a DOP.

Somehow, however, I am an optimist. Cynicism about everyone is too great a burden to carry for me.

I hope that you'll eventually realize that the number of disappointments (however much they hurt) is small compared to the number of folks who have proved honorable in the long run. The cost of extending your trust too easily is that you are occasionally let down, but the cost of never extending it is a lifetime without intimacy...

I'll take the pain, myself.

I hope, however, that yours is short and small. (Pain that is. I hope some other things are long and large. :rolleyes: )

I hope you know I know how you feel, Naughty, you know? But there are more than a few of us here who value friendships enough to be there when times are tough while others are stamping their feet and pointing.

All quoted for truth. Trust but verify has proven to be reliable for me but unfortunately, the internet has its own set of quirks and problems when it comes to interpersonal relationships. This method always takes more time or, more often than not, it can't be tested in cyberspace. It's why we often feel so vulnerable when exposing any parts of ourselves here.

I, like the others, am glad you chose to be who you are while you're here. :smile:

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure, but they could very well be the acts of desperation from a man on the brink. I just hope it doesn't backfire on you, Kim. The current atmosphere doesn't seem conducive to yet another beef-filled thread.

Stay strong.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure, but they could very well be the acts of desperation from a man on the brink. I just hope it doesn't backfire on you, Kim. The current atmosphere doesn't seem conducive to yet another beef-filled thread.

Stay strong.

What on earth would backfire on me? I am sitting here minding my business. I have named no names but those who are involved know who they are. I thank everyone for their kind words. It has been a learning experience in that it teaches me to be the woman who I want others to be to me. Internet or no internet. We are all real people with real feelings.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can only trust a very few people if any. On the net, or in real life.
Most people will twist things around if they see an advantage for themselves. You can't always trust your family members either. They can be worst of all.

I don't trust anyone too far. Give an inch and they will take a mile.
Everybody is out for themselves. Some more than others, but all are to some extent. You just have to watch your back, and avoid those who have stabbed you in the past.

It's sad, but I don't think there is any such thing as true love, trust, or even friendship. I am getting more doubtful all the time.

After the way I've been done over the last 46 years I have VERY thick skin.
I pay no attention at all to things people say, and little to what they do.
As long as there is no threat of physical harm I can ignore it. I can ignore any form of picking, cussing, pranks, etc.

People are just so nasty, cruel, and uncaring.

Knockernail

1st Like
Media
Before i said goodbye in march, i was chatting with Sam about something like this. I'm one of those people who takes the web world as seriously as the physic world. Yes, i know we all are nicks on a screen, but behind that screen we are persons, and as persons we are just trying to relate, share and communicate. Just like in the physic world.

I don't think we should use different codes here. We get upset and dissapointed as we do in real life. We get hurted and we hurt as we do in real life. And we keep on going ahead as always do.

Time is the only factor you can use to make sure you can trust in someone.

Anyway, you have the right to feel that way, but you have not the right to get away from us :tongue: :redface: .

Kisses

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
:confused: human nature being what it is ...I do not trust people on the net:confused:I do trust certain people that I consider to be called friends ..but these are people I have grown up with...

hairyman101

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Have you ever gone into a chat room and found someone to chat with and then go back over the coming days only to find that they dont chat anymore and find that No one wants to chat with you??? taking into consideration that they have never met you or seen you , only chatted.....and now you are alone. why is that??? first impressions???

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are a handful of people here that I feel that I could trust with my home/belongings, but theres a bigger crowd that I wouldn't confide in too much.
I don't know the details, but Im guessing somebody said something that didn't sit right. People that have to "dig" are not happy with their own lives, therefore they prey on making other people feel as miserable as they are.

I've learned to refrain from wearing my heart on my sleeve in here, and i would recommend that advice to anyone. I think we all get too deeply involved with the site, and lose touch of what it really is, just a chat site. But, I will say that the site has changed, and not for the better. There seems to be an influx of bullshitters running about, and lurkers that are only here to dig. OMG! From late April on it has been as if someone hung signs worldwide that said please troll LPSG.org There's a lot of people that have left, And not because of the Big D issue either.
I've noticed, someone I consider quite dear has left and will most likely not be coming back. :frown1:

of all the boards i have been on, i find the crowd here to be the most unforgiving. once you piss someone off, you are done, no matter who is wrong. I've noticed that as well but honestly have not enough experience with other boards to make a fair comparison.
on the flip side, there are some terribly interesting and smart people here. i miss the "old crowd" but am starting to feel like the influx of new peeps is not a bad thing. slowly, but surely. i try to keep in mind something dr rock said once. "it's just the internet". it works most of the time, but not always. I feel that way about Ford's but not the internet. :biggrin1:

don't sweat it, naughty. but agree. less info provided to others is better. it seems to always leak out. practice that in the future. It's the intentional vindictive using of information against someone that really bothers me.

I've never been hurt by anything that's happened on the net because I always keep in mind something I think is very important - no matter how deeply you think you know someone they're a stranger. You could pass the person you've spoken to every night for a month in the street and you probably wouldn't realise. I understand what you are saying and I can agree with you on a cerebral level. But I'm not wired like that. I am a highly emotional and passionate person I don't do anything halfway.
Agreed!

I thank everyone for their kind words. It has been a learning experience in that it teaches me to be the woman who I want others to be to me. Internet or no internet. We are all real people with real feelings. So true! The thing that bothers me about the internet is that people think that because it's virtual and not real life it gives them carte blanche to act like vitriolic satan's spawn. It does not.:mad: [/font]

Before I said goodbye in March, I was chatting with Sam about something like this. I'm one of those people who takes the web world as seriously as the physical world. Yes, i know we all are nicks on a screen, but behind that screen we are persons, and as persons we are just trying to relate, share and communicate. Just like in the physical world.
I don't think we should use different codes here. We get upset and dissapointed as we do in real life. We get hurt and we hurt as we do in real life. And we keep on going ahead as we always do. Time is the only factor you can use to make sure you can trust in someone. Anyway, you have the right to feel that way, but you have not the right to get away from us :tongue: :redface: .

Kisses
Very well stated, and bolded for emphasis. I am so glad you've come back to us knockernail.

Naughty, I have no idea what circumstance you find yourself in, but you mustn't stop trusting. And I know you won't, because it seems to be your default offering.
Quoted for emphasis.
Have you ever gone into a chat room and found someone to chat with and then go back over the coming days only to find that they dont chat anymore and find that No one wants to chat with you??? taking into consideration that they have never met you or seen you , only chatted.....and now you are alone. why is that??? first impressions??? No, never. :redface: