Lest We Grow Complacent ...

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Stonewall's 2007 Workplace Equality lists state the best "gay friendly" employers in the UK.
However, it should be noted that major government offices such as the Department of Trade and Industry have allowed (?!!) their ratings to fall from 7th in 2006 to 37th only a year later !
The Department for Work and Pensions have fallen from No 3 to a staggeringly low 47 ...
It makes you wonder just how seriously these government departments take their diversity training if such high levels of disatisfaction are present ?
Just a thought ...

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please, just tell me you don't have a Department of Family Values or some such bullshit there. I need to believe there is a land less stupid somewhere.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Employeee satisfaction is as much about good treatment as it is about perceptions. It takes years and years of good treatment to overcome negative perceptions and one day of bad treatment to overcome good ones.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Employeee satisfaction is as much about good treatment as it is about perceptions. It takes years and years of good treatment to overcome negative perceptions and one day of bad treatment to overcome good ones.

Sadly, many government departments really went to town on "diversity" a few years ago with videos and training sessions but now have let things slide badly.
Hence employee disatisfaction ...
I think the new laws make them pay lip service to diversity but the reality of the matter is they don't value their lesbian, gay, transgendered staff.
Hence the plethora of legal actions !