Let the back pedaling begin...

D

deleted15807

Not REALLY.

We TOLD them Trump doesn't really give a DAMN about the middle class OR the working poor and NEVER HAS.

... TOLD them they were SUCKERS to believe he DID.

... TOLD them of how the GOP and Republicans were hell bent on blocking bills that would've benifitted the American people.

And in threads like THIS, TOLD them of the WEALTHY/CONSERVATIVE/GOP'S intent to dismantle laws and an agency that PROTECTED consumers from predatory banks, and creditors:

https://www.lpsg.com/threads/The Continuous Republican Attack On Consumers' Rights

WE TOLD YOU SO!

I think the incredible part is his astonishing frankness as to why he's doing this. He has friends that need to borrow money. Absolutely unreal. Can you imagine the Right Wing/Fox outrage if Obama or Hillary said this? Yes we know he's corrupt and duplicitous. Saturday Night Live won't even need scriptwriters for this. And Hillary is the crooked one? Right. Next up these "friends" are contributing heavily to my campaign. And of course the obligatory tax cuts so my 1% friends can make a yuuuge amount of money while spending money at my hotels. Following that the red ink will begin to flow in the government and the debt debt debt they screamed under Obama weellllll not really a problem anymore.

Reactions: b.c.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reactions: deleted15807

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last edited:
Reactions: deleted15807

chrysler fanatic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Republicans no longer "believe in infrastructure" because in there minds especially in the minds of the Trumpeteers wheter it is true or not "they never use it" so "they don't need it"

They have never flown on plane in there lives, flying is what those rich liberals who live in cities do so they don't give a shit about airports. They have water well and septic system so they don't give shit about water and sewer systems only rich liberals who live in cities or suburbs which are the same things to them not part of "the real America" use that. As long as they have electricity most of the time they don't give a shit about "the grid" Subways and light rail are for liberals in the cities and Amtrak is just pure communism. They like driving their pickup trucks on "dukes of hazard" type gravel and dirt roads so they don't need paved roads much less interstates because they never go anywhere anyway.
I'm not sure where you're from, but here in California, it's the exact opposite. Democrats are blocking local infrastructure projects and the few Republicans that exist exist are the only advocates.
The projects that Democrats want to do are usually obscure pet projects that have no positive effect on the poor and industrial class.
But my experience is only here in Cal, so its anecdotal, it may be as you say elsewhere in the nation.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not sure where you're from, but here in California, it's the exact opposite. Democrats are blocking local infrastructure projects and the few Republicans that exist exist are the only advocates.
The projects that Democrats want to do are usually obscure pet projects that have no positive effect on the poor and industrial class.
But my experience is only here in Cal, so its anecdotal, it may be as you say elsewhere in the nation.
Please show an example of a Democrat blocking any infrastructure project?

Reactions: 1046021

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please show an example of a Democrat blocking any infrastructure project?

He probably means stuff like this

California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer is also threatening to block a water infrastructure bill over a last-minute provision that was added to address the ongoing drought in the Golden State. Boxer argued the provision would compromise the Endangered Species Act, potentially contaminate drinking water in California, and take away Congress’ power to approve dams.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He probably means stuff like this

California Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer is also threatening to block a water infrastructure bill over a last-minute provision that was added to address the ongoing drought in the Golden State. Boxer argued the provision would compromise the Endangered Species Act, potentially contaminate drinking water in California, and take away Congress’ power to approve dams.
The excerpt minus the article from which it came is not helpful.

phonehome

Superior Member
Media
C/F

I was talking about Republicans in Congress.

For at least 6 post years anything that could be labeled or even called "an infrastructure bill" was rejected out of hand. All we ever heard was "that was what the "stimulus bill" was supposed to be for", even though the vast majority of the money got spent on things that were not remotely "infrastructure" Tax cuts to try and get R's to vote for it which none in the end did or money sent to the states to keeps public employees, teachers, first responders and others on the job.

The "highway bill" used to be overly popular but not anymore, especailly with all those 2010 and on "tea party types, again "we had the stimulus bill"

The rest of the DOT budget that would cover airports, improving ATC etc etc again a big no.

All things that the people I described do not give a shit about because in their minds they "don't need" because they "never use them" as I described before.

D

deleted15807

The Swamp is so big now...it's positively YUUUUGE. Never has the swamp been bigger.

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend, obliterating campaign promise
Trump to spend yet another weekend hobnobbing with rich folks who pay for access.

On February 17, President Trump will head to his $200,000-per-membership Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach for the third consecutive weekend, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Swamp is so big now...it's positively YUUUUGE. Never has the swamp been bigger.

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend, obliterating campaign promise
Trump to spend yet another weekend hobnobbing with rich folks who pay for access.

On February 17, President Trump will head to his $200,000-per-membership Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach for the third consecutive weekend, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

@BULLDOG00 Curious what you think of this.

D

deleted15807

Yeah, I saw all that in the article. I'm curious what his supporters think about this particular issue.

Yep If you now have the money, you can take a selfie with the nuclear football during the Trump administration. Everything is for sale.

D

deleted15807

The daily front page of the Washington Post is turning out to be a comic strip of disastrous incompetence and a picture of a president manifestly unfit for office amidst shady dealings with the Russians.

Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser, resigned on Monday night after it was revealed that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence and other top White House officials about his conversations with the Russian ambassador to the United States.​

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted15807

The "outsider" president is doing exactly what an "inside the beltway" republican president has always done...guns guns guns...

WASHINGTON — President Trump will instruct federal agencies on Monday to assemble a budget for the coming fiscal year that includes sharp increases in Defense Department spending and drastic enough cuts to domestic agencies that he can keep his promise to leave Social Security and Medicare alone.

Trump to Ask for Sharp Increases in Military Spending, Officials Say

And all the rubes that thought he was going to help the middle class? You'll have to wait a little longer say like never. And all those agencies whose functions the public demands? Well good luck fuckers. You're on your own. Lockheed, Boeing and Raytheon shareholders win this round and the next and the next and the next.

Reactions: b.c.

umdoistressilvaquatro

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The "outsider" president is doing exactly what an "inside the beltway" republican president has always done...guns guns guns...

WASHINGTON — President Trump will instruct federal agencies on Monday to assemble a budget for the coming fiscal year that includes sharp increases in Defense Department spending and drastic enough cuts to domestic agencies that he can keep his promise to leave Social Security and Medicare alone.

Trump to Ask for Sharp Increases in Military Spending, Officials Say

And all the rubes that thought he was going to help the middle class? You'll have to wait a little longer say like never. And all those agencies whose functions the public demands? Well good luck fuckers. You're on your own. Lockheed, Boeing and Raytheon shareholders win this round and the next and the next and the next.
He literally promised for this. I don't know why you guys are talking like this is back-pedaling. Most of the horrible things he's doing were his sincere and direct promises.

D

deleted15807

He literally promised for this. I don't know why you guys are talking like this is back-pedaling. Most of the horrible things he's doing were his sincere and direct promises.

You can, should you choose, to frame it that way. However my point is he's no outsider and is stocking government as a typical Republican president and embracing typical Republican policies of militarism while starving programs to help the non-1%.

Reactions: b.c. and 1046021