Let them eat cake...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Feb 18, 2009.

1. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

While Robert W. Barker is about as qualified as I am to pontificate upon the demise of the 'Mericuhn Middle Class, I believe he does a fair job of fleshing out a very good argument and substantiating it regarding the Neo Cons and their (or our "socially engineered" view of) their goals.

It hasn't flown below my radar that the few right wing apologists (or pseudo apologists) who flail and rail against liberals in the politics forum on this web site are mostly white and in their 30's. Definitely a lost generation.

I'm looking forward to the collision of ideals as the Obama Administration's mouthpieces begin the counter offensive by addressing issues that currently "are just not addressed" by members of all strata in the USA, from the poorest of the poor to the richest of the rich. For example, I read today that one of Obama's new appointees has come out swinging in observance of Black History Month by claiming that 'Mericuhns are "cowards" when it comes to talking about and dealing with race. Which in my experience is very very true.

Good link to an interesting read (though the source is just a dubious as an opposing one from a independent neo con blog).

#3 midlifebear, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  4. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

It would help if you dolts had an inkling of econ knowledge.

Our country grew on value added manufacturing. Raw materials converted to finished products, cars, TVs washers. It did not require much more than a high school education to become middle class. The great migration of Southern blacks to work in the steel mills and auto plants of the North and mid west was also part of the growing middle class.

That stuff is gone. There is a vast segment of our population that does not value education. Those people are doomed to be lower class econ wise. Neo con has nothing to do with it. You idiots are hopeless.

Unless Barack Obama can transfer his core value of education to the large percentage of folks who don't try hard in school, he will fail.

Slurper I bet you have never met with much success and you blame the world around you for your inherent failures. Look in the mirror, if you are not where you want to be, you likely only have you to blame.

5. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    actually I do quite well thank you.

I hold a degree in Architecture from Columbia, I own various parcels of income property around the country and I'm an employed creative director for a firm I helped found and am an investor in.

But none of that has anything to do with the subject at hand which is the neo-con agenda which took hold in the Reagan administration and has brought this country to near ruin economically.

As a businessman I understand far too clearly the impact of rising unemployment, a weakened dollar and lack of credit on my bottom line.

I am a self-made man owing little to anyone for my success except the people who have worked for me over the years who have added to my fortunes. And I don't "blame those around me" for anything other than that which they are guilty of.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Biting my tongue, biting my tongue... so easy to respond, but for now I'm content to let people who think they have all the answers speak for now.

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

Seems as if those who call fowl and insist anyone who doesn't agree with them regarding the economy is simply an armchair drive-by sniper. Case in point, Wlydgusechaz who appears to base all his knowledge about economics on what he read in 7th grade regarding the middle to late industrialization of the USA in the 20th Century. The economics of a post-industrial society (which pretty much sums up where the USA is today) seem a bit beyond the scope of his understanding. He sort of fits the profile of the marginalized middle class outlined in Barker's blog post.

Maybe if he raised geese and sold them he wouldn't have to chase them.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

talk about a sad little man and it's not you slupper, there is some truth in the article and some about the united states not building anything anymore. sixty years ago we were supplying the world with goods today the world is supplying us.

9. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

If thats true then you should be ashamed. Have you forgotten what the country was like b/4 Reagan took office? Stagflation. He got us up and running again.

What neo-con agenda? Not that shit spouted on that site you linked I hope. Name concrete policy changes aimed specifically to destroy the middle class.

10. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Then please name how a post industrial economy is going to work with a large share of the population not interested in learning?

Cut with the straw men and post real solutions. Yo won't be able to. Thanks for playing.

11. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

YOU!!!!? You have never given a fact based answer on anything. Go ahead smart guy ( and I use that term quite loosely) tell me how the government is going to fix the economy (or even caused the problems) given that the New Deal has been discredited as solving the Depression and Keynesian economics does not work (John Maynard Keynes said so himself)

12. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am 49 years old, and this is the first time I've ever heard a conservative wax on about public education in general and in support of intellectualism in particular.

Fascinating.

13. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

The education cartel has ruined public education in AMERICA. We need an alternative education system, likely based on school vouchers.

The District of Columbia spends $27000/pupil on kids, most of whom are black and don't give a shit about learning. White farm kids 125 years ago learned more in one room school houses on the Kansas prairie with no air conditioning than inner city black kids do with $27000 behind them.

Where is the problem?

14. pym

pym New Member

Oh dear.....you have gone and turned this into an issue of race.
    White Farm kids VS. Inner city Black kids?
    You lose.

15. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

Lose? No I don't. Inner city black kids (and Hispanic/Latino) lose because you libs can't get it thru your skulls that it isn't money holding kids back. Education does not need more money, it needs new ideas and better parenting.

So tell me PYM why did kids on the prairie in Kansas get better educations than blacks in the inner city?

16. pym

pym New Member

I'm not going to humor you beyond this......you can-not compare the educational system of rural Kansas of 125 years ago to modern inner city realities.
    Those KIDS in Kansas never saw beyond there family farm in those days, for the most part.
    Most "INNER CITY KIDS" {as you describe them} Of today....have an Alternate reality that has NOTHING in common with Norman Rockwells version of AMERICA of yesteryear. Wise-up.

17. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The answer is: They don't.
    StateMaster - Best Educated Index (most recent) by state

Kansas is only #13 on this list. Whereas places like Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and others that have those so-called "inner city folk" that you despise so much charted much higher.

I should also point out that according to Newsweek, Kansas doesn't even have a High School that charts in the top 100 of the best schools. But I heard DuPont Manual at #120 has a great class on Intelligent Design. :rolleyes:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/39380

#17 B_VinylBoy, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  18. Wyldgusechaz

Wyldgusechaz New Member

A worthless total non answer. You won't humor me because you can't. Those Kansas kids learned Latin. The teacher had to teach 6 year olds and 13 year olds in the same room. No electricity, no video, no computers. woke up milking cows and walking 6 miles to school.

19. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, they learned a dead language, have no access to modern technology or transportation and have to milk cows. Were their diplomas written on stone tablets as well? :rolleyes:

20. pym

pym New Member

It's all yours V.B.
    I'm done with this idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted