Let's be honest, serious question time..

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_Leotols Toy, Aug 11, 2009.

1. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Any one out there ever had genital warts? or HPV?

The Center for Disease control has made statements in '08 that it typically clears itself within up to 2 years. More people clear it in less than a year..

It also says that 80% sexually active people will have one or more strain in their lifetime. So with statistics like these and considering it's the most common STD, anyone out there willing to be open and honest? Also note, that some people will never show symptoms and others might, so based on a colscopy or visual inspection, anyone have or had it?

I'll be the first and say I have, and I've only been with 3 people.

2. cdarro

cdarro New Member

No, but recently caught a partner's yeast infection that she didn't bother to tell me she had.

3. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Thanks for replying, seems people seem rather shy. I'm actually unsure of my nurse practicioners diagnosis as she couldn't see anything just "felt" so I'm going for a second opinion. With everyone speaking of being so sexually active, there's no doubt someone's had or has something. But it's not that big of a deal because its part of human sexuality.

That's messed up though, girl's seem to think guys cant catch shit like that, but you can!

4. eurotop40

Gold Member

Have you got warts or only HPV-positive test?

5. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Well, I'm a male so there was no test provided, but the lady felt "bumps" that could barely be seen in the pubic region, none on my actual penis. I also shave, so I wasn't thoroughly convinced. I'm going for a second opinion because after my extensive research on the subject.. It doesn't sound characteristic of it at all.

Just makes me concerned as there's never any talk about this kind of stuff and everyone suffers in silence, whether it be female or males. That's why there will always be a big stigma about it.

6. eurotop40

Gold Member

I have got the Gardasil vaccination preventively. Too scared about it.

7. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

You know that Gardasil isn't FDA approved for men though, right? They're doing clinical trials at the moment to test its safety.

It's not that scary either. It's not some frightening disease. Most active infections run their course in less than a year or 2 years at the most. Then the majority (90%) will subside and remain blocked by your immune system, meaning you're no longer infectious.

That's why I wish people would discuss it more because there's so much misinformation going around about it.

#7 D_Leotols Toy, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  8. eurotop40

Gold Member

I know but my doctor recommended it because it has proven to be effective by swedish studies, he said.

9. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Oo yea, didn't even realize you're from Switzerland. Well in that case, you can only listen to your doctors advice. And as long as you're not having adverse reactions then it couldn't hurt.

10. eurotop40

Gold Member

Never had any adverse reaction. Btw, the FDA is far from being God: the FDA also approved Vioxx.

11. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Yea, I had a dream last night I got the vaccine lol, but yea they should hurry up because they're making it seem like only females are affected. While cancer in men is extremely rare, I'm sure it's a nuisance

Draft saved Draft deleted